What If? Ross Has Had Thee Conversation? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What If? Ross Has Had Thee Conversation?

Kingdom Come

Active Roster
Reaction score
Nobody knows what is said behind closed doors but, what if Ross has informed his top employees that their jobs depend on success in 2018?

What if Ross's demand for success and his threat of termination was unequivocal?

Failure would probably mean the end of Tannenbaum's management career. If he wanted an income, he would actually have to go back to working a real job. What does he really do all day anyway??

Failure would mean Grier's career spiraling downward instead of up.

Would Gase get another chance to be a HC? Maybe, maybe doubtful.

Matt Burke....wait, who?

What could we expect from desperate people?

We are aren't just talking reputations here,we are talking millions.

tenor.gif

I fully expect Ross to let Tannenbaum hand pick our next head coach.

Because we're not allowed to have nice things. Ever.

Football is a results-oriented business. I think everyone you named is keenly aware that a bad 2018 season could very well result in some pink slips going out around the facility.

I’d say if Ross really has issued such an edict, and if success is contingent on playoffs, then I’d suggest that a lot of people in the front office/on the coaching staff should spend some time in the offseason preparing their resumes.

I think Gase is safe regardless of what happens to TBag and/or Grier...after all, I think Ross hand picked Gase, did he not, as TBag wanted someone else?

TBag would go before Gase, and that’s a good thing.

We don't really have a Kiko or Branch situation this year so they can't really screw us that way, unless they totally cave and give Landry way too much guaranteed.

There is however, the rest of the free agents in the NFL.

I'm hoping they don't create more bad contracts, but when you are under the gun and have very little cap to work with, I imagine there will be temptation to land a vet or two or three that we really can't afford.

I'm trying to guess what the Tannenbaum/Grier brain trust might come up with; ya know, what kind of player fits with these guys?

Back
Top Bottom