What if the signing of.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if the signing of....

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Campbell has something to do w/ Culpepper? Obviously, I'm just speculating here but suppose something is in the works via trade or somehow he gets released? I know, I know there are a lot of variables here but it's something to think about. Worst case scenario, I think signing Campbell (provided he hasn't been hanging out w/ Onterrio Smith) is great because it gives us a legit #3. I love Welker but he's quite limited despite the fact that he gives us 110%. Should be interesting.

phinfan2003 said:
Campbell has something to do w/ Culpepper? Obviously, I'm just speculating here but suppose something is in the works via trade or somehow he gets released? I know, I know there are a lot of variables here but it's something to think about. Worst case scenario, I think signing Campbell (provided he hasn't been hanging out w/ Onterrio Smith) is great because it gives us a legit #3. I love Welker but he's quite limited despite the fact that he gives us 110%. Should be interesting.

I don't think that is the case.

Not really because I expect Campbell to be mostly a deep threat and a returner.

Maybe it has something to do with Charlie Baggett, the former Minnesota WR coach, being our WR coach.

The reason we are going to sign Cambell is to have an explosive kickoff returner and a burner on offense who can go downfield opposite Chambers. Chambers will get double teams next year and Cambell would help stretch the defense away from Chris or they will stay on Chris and Cambell can make some big plays for us. Great sign if we get him.

I dont think this has anything to do with pepper they did not hook up much in minn and wouldnt hook up alot in miami and I doubt saban is going to trade any picks for a qb since he could have a qb for just a simple paycheck as in brees or maybe mcnair if released. Pepper will not be released he will demand atleast a #2 even if it was a #3 plus his contract = high price to pay for gus to start the first 8 games of the season next year.

Do people realize that Kelly Campbell was released by the Vikings on September 7th, and no team in the NFL felt he was worth picking up during the season? Solid #3 WR don't get left by the wayside by every team in the league. Of course, maybe it has something to do with the gun and drug charges he was facing. Regardless, there is virtually no reason to get excited by the signing of another loser like Campbell. This is David Boston redux, minus the talent.

dolfanmark said:
Do people realize that Kelly Campbell was released by the Vikings on September 7th, and no team in the NFL felt he was worth picking up during the season? Solid #3 WR don't get left by the wayside by every team in the league. Of course, maybe it has something to do with the gun and drug charges he was facing. Regardless, there is virtually no reason to get excited by the signing of another loser like Campbell. This is David Boston redux, minus the talent.

Great Point

dolfanmark said:
Agree. Hope he turns into a good signing if he does sign, but wouldnt be all that surprised if he didnt make the team.

phinfan2003 said:

First, Kelly Campbell ISN'T a legit #3........... and second, signing him would have no effect on Culpepper's situation. Campbell is a free agent. It's not like and and Culpepper are joined at the hip. Culpepper's fate will be decided by Zigi Wilf in case you missed........guys, seriously, take a break until draft day.......the offseason is rotting your brains.......

Back
Top Bottom