What if we cut Suh after this season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if we cut Suh after this season?

Greer17

Club Member
Reaction score
What would the dead money look like if we cut him before next season? He is going to cost around $18 million against the cap next year so if these new tackles are solid picks, could that make him expendable? This would open up money for Landry and Parker as well as a couple additional defensive players. Just throwing the idea out there, please don't feed me to the lions!!

I would think that there is a strong possibility for this to happen. A lot of huge NFL contracts are structured that way for the team to have an out. I assume when the time comes the team will evaluate the players worth And weigh it out against the contract.

Guys are panicking.

Yes, we were supposed to be a force. Then guys started dropping, fast. As a result, we don't have who we wanted and money is tight.

That's not on the players. Or the coaching staff. Even the scapegoat FO is off the hook this time.

It's just football. **** happens. It sucks, but it's a part of football.

And who knows? Maybe we will still be OK this year.

Suh is a phenomenal player still in his prime who was an All Pro in 2016. Not only does he eat up blockers but he is athletic enough to whip them and make plays at the line of scrimmage. The issue has been the talent at the LB spot has been weak and can't advantage of his presence. If you are looking at for salary cap savings there are much better options to move on from. As much as I am a fan of Landry he is easier to replace than Suh.

1. Yeah we can cut a HOF talent and replace that in some unproven mid-round picks. Happens all the time SMH. I'm sure we can just eat the 22 million for him to play somewhere else as well. Lets cut Jones while we are at it. I hear those unproven DBs are playing well in practice. Who cares if we resigned him already. What is the dead money on that? SMH

2. This forum is going to be a comedy gold mine come the regular season

People also worry about the cap way to much.

It's a playable # that's easy to manipulate.

This, plus i get the impression Suh is a smart guy, and he's not getting any younger. Especially if we make the playoffs for a second straight year, id like to think he would work with the team if circumstances ever required a restructure or something. Players of his caliber are harder to come by than cap room.

Why get rid of a HOF talent?

Stupid.

Let him be a Miami Dolphin in the HOF.

This. As the cap continues to escalate, that contract is actually REALLY reasonable for the caliber of player that Suh happens to be.

If Phillips pans out, or if Godchaux isn't just a training camp / preseason hero, we could have two good starting defensive tackles in the rotation again.

Back
Top Bottom