What if we cut Suh after this season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if we cut Suh after this season?

Guys are panicking.

Yes, we were supposed to be a force. Then guys started dropping, fast. As a result, we don't have who we wanted and money is tight.

That's not on the players. Or the coaching staff. Even the scapegoat FO is off the hook this time.

It's just football. **** happens. It sucks, but it's a part of football.

And who knows? Maybe we will still be OK this year.
It's on the guys making those kale and protein shakes.

Well I think the second response answered my question with a $9 million cap hit to cut him next year. His contract is definitely not one that you can come out from under easily and I do understand the type caliber player he is. I just know that our dl looked like garbage last year and it seemed to work better when he came off the edge and wasn't double teamed. Hopefully some of our other tackles step up and teams are running out of players to chip our ends and double both interior guys.

Even the scapegoat FO is off the hook this time.

I still don't understand why the Front Office (yes you, Tannenbaum!) refuses to fix/upgrade the o-line. Pouncey is no longer reliable (and hasn't been in a while), yet they still continue to rely on him to play and the FO put very little effort into having a quality replacement on the roster. Drafting Tunsil was an accident, as he only fell that far due to that video. Otherwise, I don't think that Tannenbaum would have drafted an o-lineman last year. And, this year he waited until the 5th round to draft a project. Also, Tannenbaum went into the 2016 season with both Thomas and Turner still on the roster, even though they were the two WORST Guards in the entire NFL in 2015. Everyone knew that this o-line has been a problem for years, yet all they do is apply band-aids year after year. What good is having plenty of talented offensive playmakers if your o-line sucks?

Why do some here always want to get rid of the best players we have? If you already have one of the best players at the position, what are you expecting to get in return? Isn't the objective to compile the best players. If you get rid of all your best players, you'll be the Browns.... Like, what if we trade Landry? we could get 3 players and a few draft picks, and not a single one could replace the production. Even if we were lucky enough to find one almost as good, the same people would be advocating to trade that player. Do you realize how idiotic this line of thinking is?

People also worry about the cap way to much.

It's a playable # that's easy to manipulate.

Restructure Suh + cut/trade Tannehill, Maxwell and Pouncey = $50 million in cap space in 2018.

Yeah a player that doesn't touch the ball is so important.

jiFfM.jpg

I still don't understand why the Front Office (yes you, Tannenbaum!) refuses to fix/upgrade the o-line. Pouncey is no longer reliable (and hasn't been in a while), yet they still continue to rely on him to play and the FO put very little effort into having a quality replacement on the roster. Drafting Tunsil was an accident, as he only fell that far due to that video. Otherwise, I don't think that Tannenbaum would have drafted an o-lineman last year. And, this year he waited until the 5th round to draft a project. Also, Tannenbaum went into the 2016 season with both Thomas and Turner still on the roster, even though they were the two WORST Guards in the entire NFL in 2015. Everyone knew that this o-line has been a problem for years, yet all they do is apply band-aids year after year. What good is having plenty of talented offensive playmakers if your o-line sucks?

No easy answer here. Our FO is damned if they do, and damned if they don't. I believe our over-all talent is getting better, but IMO it's gonna come down to coaching and developing guys. When we start doing that, and I believe we are, then in the long run the holes we have to fill in the off-season won't seem as big.

Back
Top Bottom