what is going on with monday night football? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what is going on with monday night football?

texasPHINSfan

Pro Bowl
Reaction score
i just tuned into the last 5 minutes of the game and saw them say "goodbye" to monday night football...

where is it going??? what did i miss???

oh.

well who cares what station its on? this actually works out better for me, as ESPN actually broadcasts their signal in HD.... the stupid local ABC affiliate never broadcasts in HD (and yes i have the local antenna).... i get all FOX and ESPN games in HD, but never ABC or CBS. so screw those two.... .glad ESPN is getting it.

i will miss al michaels and john madden, but maybe they will be brought over to ESPN now. ;)

texasPHINSfan said:
oh.

well who cares what station its on? this actually works out better for me, as ESPN actually broadcasts their signal in HD.... the stupid local ABC affiliate never broadcasts in HD (and yes i have the local antenna).... i get all FOX and ESPN games in HD, but never ABC or CBS. so screw those two.... .glad ESPN is getting it.

i will miss al michaels and john madden, but maybe they will be brought over to ESPN now. ;)

Well its just the history of it I guess

Sure there is still a game but its not the same to me

Not to mention ESPN is cable and some people dont have it, I mean I do so that doesnt effect me but still

I guess its just where such big events has happened during MNF on ANB

Like when john lennon got shot, miami was playing the jets i believe and they announced it over the game that john lennon was shot and had died

MNF will be different now that it's not on ABC. it's like when the colts moved to indianapolis, it wasn't the same franchise

pigskinguy said:
John Madden will move to the Sundy Night crew on NBC next season.
Al Michaels will move to ESPN and do MNF with Joe Theismann
dammit... i hate joe thiesman.

at least they are breaking him off from the sunday night crew - those 3 together on sunday night put out some of the biggest garbage i've ever heard during a football broadcast.

kastofsna120 said:
MNF will be different now that it's not on ABC. it's like when the colts moved to indianapolis, it wasn't the same franchise
eh... the only difference is now i will be able to watch MNF in high def....

:)

so i am not complaining. although i wish ESPN would hire dennis miller... i know i am in the minority here, but i loved when he was on - his antics are kind of esoteric - a higher-level of thought humor. i appreciated it. although i understand the majority of West-Virginia-bred football fans don't get it.

pigskinguy said:
John Madden will move to the Sundy Night crew on NBC next season.
Al Michaels will move to ESPN and do MNF with Joe Theismann

Makes sense. Sadly, I knew Madden wasn't disappearing. :(

Back
Top Bottom