What is going on ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is going on ?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
I have delays in moving around the site. Now, when I reply to a thread, it embeds it in the original post.:err:

Ever since around draft time the site is doing different things. I for one used to like to troll and only "log in" when I want to "post" now after viewing a few threads it ask me to "sign in" or it won't let me troll. Also my screen looks sort of different, now all of the wording seems to shift to the left side making the post long with only a few words in a sentence, sort of like a long column.

I'm still having problems with page numbers not showing up at the bottom of the page. I have to scan back to the top of the page to move to the next page.

I'm still having problems with page numbers not showing up at the bottom of the page. I have to scan back to the top of the page to move to the next page.
I just got through checking both firefox, and ie8.0 using both my admin and a registered account, and I could clearly see the pageination both at the top and the bottom of the forum. It would be helpful if you are still experiencing this issue to provide your browser specs. thanks.

I have delays in moving around the site. Now, when I reply to a thread, it embeds it in the original post.:err:
its a double post prevention feature. I have however shortened the time that it is in effect. (meaning you can post in the same thread once every minute. this may be changed in the future to a longer delay.)

Ever since around draft time the site is doing different things. I for one used to like to troll and only "log in" when I want to "post" now after viewing a few threads it ask me to "sign in" or it won't let me troll. Also my screen looks sort of different, now all of the wording seems to shift to the left side making the post long with only a few words in a sentence, sort of like a long column.
I don't want to sound unsympathetic to your browsing and posting style, however even just browsing the forum uses resources and bandwidth. So if a poster is going to use resources, why not have them log in, and since you are logged in, you have a greater chance of posting than if you aren't logged in.

I am still having problems with the page selection not poping up at the bottom. Here is my browser specs
clear.gif

Here is the top of the page
[URL="http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/DisturbedShifty/?action=view&current=TopPage.jpg"][/URL]

and here is the bottom of the page.
[URL="http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/DisturbedShifty/?action=view&current=Bottompagecopy.jpg"][/URL]

I am still having problems with the page selection not poping up at the bottom. Here is my browser specs
clear.gif

Here is the top of the page
[URL="http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/DisturbedShifty/?action=view&current=TopPage.jpg"][/URL]

and here is the bottom of the page.
[URL="http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/DisturbedShifty/?action=view&current=Bottompagecopy.jpg"][/URL]
Now that does help. I'll look over it some more this weekend, you can still use the "top" button at the bottom of the forum, and if you want to peak at what I'm hoping will become the new defacto forum skin, use the pulldown menu at the very bottom and select finheavenVB4 test...

I just noticed those pictures were from the 12th of may, can you show me what you are seeing "today"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that does help. I'll look over it some more this weekend, you can still use the "top" button at the bottom of the forum, and if you want to peak at what I'm hoping will become the new defacto forum skin, use the pulldown menu at the very bottom and select finheavenVB4 test...

I just noticed those pictures were from the 12th of may, can you show me what you are seeing "today"?
Actaully, I just took those picutres tonight. I just used the first page on the thread over in the Dolphins forum. You know the one with 35 pages and counting.

EDIT: Check it out Bill. I switched over to the fhVB4 Test skin as suggested and it fixed the problem. So maybe it might be a good idea to encourage people having problems to switch to that skin and see if the problem presists. Then if it does continue there might actually be a problem.

Also, I like the orange and blue on the new skin. Looks real nice.

Back
Top Bottom