What is Landry REALLY Worth?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is Landry REALLY Worth??

JTech194

Starter
Reaction score
There seems to be this definitive idea that Landry CAN'T do certain things because he HASN'T done certain things here and I' not sure that's Fair.

Everyone assumes that Landry is a finished product because of what we've seen him do in his four years here.

But I look at things a little differently and I'm of the opinion that we've yet to see Landry's full potential because of the lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball.

Why do they ask Landry to run so many bubble screens? Well for one, because he's the best player we have at making people miss which is a skill in high demand here because our other receivers can't hold a block to save their lives. Landry usually has to make 1-2 defenders miss just to gain 2-3 yards.

Also, those bubble screens are an extension of the running game which is a necessity because....

Our Oline is not good a run blocking. This lack of production from the running game causes Gase to try and manufacture yards in other ways. Throwing the ball downfield isn't an efficient or sustainable way to move the ball consistently therefore you have to incorporate more short passes.

Also, the Oline is not very good at holding blocks either therefore throwing the ball downfield with any consistency has not really been an option. Especially to a WR like Landry who may need an extra second to get down there.

Lack of a quality TE. Because our TE play has been horrible, there's we don't have anyone else that can run those underneath routes freeing up Landry to run more intermediate to deep routes. I'm not saying he'd be the main deep threat but there's no reason why he can't run a deep route or two every game off of play action or double moves.

So the question the Front office has to answer is this.....

IF we get a better TE and Better Oline.. how good can Landry be? What's his ceiling if the talent level around him was better? I hope we get to see that answer here as opposed to him going somewhere else and showing us..

There seems to be this definitive idea that Landry CAN'T do certain things because he HASN'T done certain things here and I' not sure that's Fair.

Everyone assumes that Landry is a finished product because of what we've seen him do in his four years here.

But I look at things a little differently and I'm of the opinion that we've yet to see Landry's full potential because of the lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball.

Why do they ask Landry to run so many bubble screens? Well for one, because he's the best player we have at making people miss which is a skill in high demand here because our other receivers can't hold a block to save their lives. Landry usually has to make 1-2 defenders miss just to gain 2-3 yards.

Also, those bubble screens are an extension of the running game which is a necessity because....

Our Oline is not good a run blocking. This lack of production from the running game causes Gase to try and manufacture yards in other ways. Throwing the ball downfield isn't an efficient or sustainable way to move the ball consistently therefore you have to incorporate more short passes.

Also, the Oline is not very good at holding blocks either therefore throwing the ball downfield with any consistency has not really been an option. Especially to a WR like Landry who may need an extra second to get down there.

Lack of a quality TE. Because our TE play has been horrible, there's we don't have anyone else that can run those underneath routes freeing up Landry to run more intermediate to deep routes. I'm not saying he'd be the main deep threat but there's no reason why he can't run a deep route or two every game off of play action or double moves.

So the question the Front office has to answer is this.....

IF we get a better TE and Better Oline.. how good can Landry be? What's his ceiling if the talent level around him was better? I hope we get to see that answer here as opposed to him going somewhere else and showing us..

Realistically, there is no number to place on his worth - too many moving parts and too many here with emotional baggage. We know NE wouldn't pay $10mm, much less $16mm, but there may be a team willing to pay $14-15mm AND give Miami a draft pick. To me, an added variable is what would Miami do with $16mm if Landry leaves? No one knows. All that to say, I can live with up to $12mm.

My take on it is..

He will be worth more to another team that has more structure, and better players like the Ravens or 49ers

than he is to the Dolphins who are missing a number of pieces still

My take on it is..

He will be worth more to another team that has more structure, and better players like the Ravens or 49ers

than he is to the Dolphins who are missing a number of pieces still
Well said.....

The 49ers team that lost 10 of 11 to start the season has better players?

Landry is best WR we've had in a really long time. This is not a team that easily acquires talent so for that he's worth a minimum of 13 million. Take away Landry and you take away Tannehills favorite target. He had a good year in 2016 with Tannehill and thats what I judge him on not on this handcuffed offense due to Cutler.

It’s not my money I hope he makes all the money And stays with the dolphins he’s a clutch player. So many times we overpay for average players but now we have a vocal team player who is clutch you pay the man

It’s not my money I hope he makes all the money And stays with the dolphins he’s a clutch player. So many times we overpay for average players but now we have a vocal team player who is clutch you pay the man
How is he a clutch player?

How is he a clutch player?

Just this past year he had game winner against Tennessee and New England. Also got us back in Atlanta win so Parkey could finish it. Probably would have beaten the Bills if he didn't loose his cool and get ejected. That's a quarter of the games he was huge for us in the 4th.

Just this past year he had game winner against Tennessee and New England. Also got us back in Atlanta win so Parkey could finish it. Probably would have beaten the Bills if he didn't loose his cool and get ejected. That's a quarter of the games he was huge for us in the 4th.

But...but....It's a team game.

Just saying he made big plays in 3 of our 6 wins in 4th quarter with game on the line. I know HE didn't win the game by himself. But we probably end up 3-13 without him. I would consider him clutch.

If Landry gets a 4 year, 56 million dollar deal and produces the same . . . In 8 years he is a guy that would of averaged 7.5 million a season.

I get it, when you see the Kiko and Branch deals, you wanna be more cap cautious . . . This is not the guy to make that example out of. Durability and production with Jarvis and right now he is probably your most marketable player.

He isn’t untouchable but I would like to keep him on our team and him getting paid right now is all part of the process . . . Neither Miami nor him have done nothing wrong.

Back
Top Bottom