What is with this narrative that Landry gets a ton of penalties? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is with this narrative that Landry gets a ton of penalties?

Chuck-182

Active Roster
Reaction score
Yes, he's a hot head. However, I don't recall it ever being that bad that he ever cost us a game with a penalty nor really ever go that many. I mean didn't Still have more penalties last season?

As long as he has more catches than penalties I don't care!!!!!
I think Parker has more injuries than penalties.

It’s not that he gets a ton a penalties. It’s like every penalty he does commit are 15 yard personal foul
Penalties. And they’re almost always after the whistle.

It's become increasingly evident that Jarvis is a diva. I mean he was teammates with OBJ in college, and they were probably a hell of a lot to deal with.

Landry has definitely come into his own as a player, but he's sadly also toned up his antics.

He went from being an underdog story that fans could get behind, to kind of being a dick. Or maybe he always was kind of a dick but we just didn't want to pay attention.

Couple of points

I see people bringing up the number of penalties the offensive line has had. It is an issue and one that we hope gets worked out with Washburn, but understand that holding calls happen because lineman are taught to hold. It is an art and something you learn overtime to getting away with it consistently. With the exception of Pouncey, these are young guys still learning that part of the game.

Second, bringing up the o-line penalties has nothing to do with Jarvis because no one is advocating making any of them one of the highest paid players at their position. Jarvis is and his antics are part of that package a team is trying to buy.

All this discussion is misdirection and posturing for a price on both sides. I still believe Landry has a good chance to remain a Phin. I just hope they come to a decision sooner than later. IF he moves on, I just hope he goes to the NFC and we get a decent return or comp pick.

Yes, he's a hot head. However, I don't recall it ever being that bad that he ever cost us a game with a penalty nor really ever go that many. I mean didn't Still have more penalties last season?

You did see the last game, right? The standard for being selfish with penalties should be higher than whether he directly cost the team any games. And suffice to say a struggling offense rarely recovers a drive that includes a 15 yard penalty. Dude has some control issues.

So he's 8th in number of penalties and 7th in total penalty yards on our team? How is that that bad? Haha

You did see the last game, right? The standard for being selfish with penalties should be higher than whether he directly cost the team any games. And suffice to say a struggling offense rarely recovers a drive that includes a 15 yard penalty. Dude has some control issues.

Alright I'll give you the last game that was absolutely inexcusable. I'm glad it's never been that bad in any other instance as far as I can remember.

Couple of points

I see people bringing up the number of penalties the offensive line has had. It is an issue and one that we hope gets worked out with Washburn, but understand that holding calls happen because lineman are taught to hold. It is an art and something you learn overtime to getting away with it consistently. With the exception of Pouncey, these are young guys still learning that part of the game.

Second, bringing up the o-line penalties has nothing to do with Jarvis because no one is advocating making any of them one of the highest paid players at their position. Jarvis is and his antics are part of that package a team is trying to buy.

I'll make sure to get your approval before I post again
as others should also do

Back
Top Bottom