What is your opinon of Hartline | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your opinon of Hartline

I like him. As mentioned earlier, he's like a bigger Camarillo. He can catch, runs good routes, is smart, and plays ST.

He is Cam V2.0...

Good hands & size with some speed. Who knows if he will pan out to be a solid #2 or #3 option. But right now we do not have a major need for him to be great. We just need him to focus and work hard.

I hear that he was on meds with the Buckeyes, has anyone else heard that? Not that it makes him a bad person or anything like that! Just that if true, I could see him losing his cool a few times & getting a little yellow flag for 15 yards, the wrong way.

Big target in the endzone, does not lose many of those close and dirty one-on-one battles. I dont like the Cam comparison, but he gets open(ish) and usually comes up with the ball. I like him, obviously 53-material.

He is Cam V2.0...

I hear that he was on meds with the Buckeyes, has anyone else heard that? Not that it makes him a bad person or anything like that! Just that if true, I could see him losing his cool a few times & getting a little yellow flag for 15 yards, the wrong way.

What was he on meds for?

i hate to b the one to state the obvious but what if hartline were of another race .would you like him more as a wr.

he is dong all the little things to make the team example the ronnie score he screened the defender to free up ronnie

I like Hartline far more than I thought I would when we drafted him. He is smart, has good speed and has shown really good hands. At this point he has clearly outplayed Armstrong and has been better than London. I am not sure if I go with the Camarillo comparison, Camarillo is more shifty. At this point my 5 receivers are Ginn, Bess, Camarillo, Turner and Hartline. If I keep a 6th then it's London, but I think that is becoming less likely.

I didn't like pick either but the kid has good size and seems to have some fight to him. If he starts the season opener with Ginn, that would be huge for him.

i hate to b the one to state the obvious but what if hartline were of another race .would you like him more as a wr.

:err:Are you being serious?? Thats like saying we would like the Pat White pick more if he was white. Why is this the case?? Thats like saying you would pass on a stud white runningback because he is not black. :crazy:

Disagree, he made a very big and tough catch in the 1st half, shows very good hands and runs very good routes. He is big, can block, can play ST, and is very strong mentally. Like finsfan said, he has looked better then London, Armstrong and Camarillo.

Hartline if he makes it wil be either 4th, 5th, or maybe if they keep 6, the 6th receiver, so he will not get many chances to catch a ball during the season, so he needs to prove that when he does get thrown to, he makes it count....which he has, and needs to show he is valuable in ST, which is also a big yes.

I pretty much have to agree with this hands down.

Except I think Hartline has a chance to catch a couple more balls than you're predicting. If I remember right, we were running a couple 4 or 5 WR formations with the first team last night, specifically in the red zone. And Pennington did target Hartline twice in a row on that one red zone series.

One thing about both of our newly drafted receivers is with their size, the down field blocking potential for our running game. Perhaps if Hartline does not make the roster he goes on the practice squad and comes up when and if somebody gets hurt. Then again Sparano likes guys that play multiple roles and Hartline fits that role with his special teams prowess so that might be enough to make the roster out right. I see a problem at RB with Hilliard showing so well that we can't stash him on the PS, and Hartline not being highly thought of in the draft, the Trio might take a chance on trying to 'hide' Hartline there for a while.

Back
Top Bottom