What kicks ass about this site? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What kicks ass about this site?

I don't like that we have some posters like "wildbill3" who can pound me in my personal email account and warn me of an infraction, for basically having a simple opinion as to what is going on the board.

I don't get it, I will never get it, nor will I ever understand why this even happens, or why its even allowed to happen.

d-1

Last edited by a moderator:
[h=2]Knight Fan Stan[/h]
June 22, 2011
KnightFanStan-1.jpg

Brian Stanley prepares for games at Bright House Networks Stadium like most members of the Knights – he listens to music to pump himself up. During contests, he runs all around the stadium, just like Quincy McDuffie. Like the Knights when they return to the sideline, he drinks plenty of water to avoid fatigue.
Gameday means hard, but rewarding work for Stanley, who is known by many UCF supporters as Knight Fan Stan.
Stanley is a super fan who takes pride in promoting the Knights.

At every UCF home game, Stanley moves all around Bright House Networks Stadium, encouraging the Knights on the
field, and the fans in the stands. Wearing a specially-made Knight Fan Stan jersey, he proudly holds signs urging the
crowd to get involved in the game, and with UCF in general.

“UCF Athletics has been very good to me,” Stanley said. “It is about relationships. I started, about two years ago, in
my section. I then went to every section to get more fans involved.”

Stanley is certainly involved in UCF Athletics. In addition to attending baseball and basketball games on campus, he is
a proud marketer of the university throughout the area.

“It is not only cheering at the games,” he said. “I like to be involved in the community. For me, I am not trying to be
Knightro. I just want people to be more involved in UCF Athletics.”

Surprisingly, Stanley did not attend UCF. His wife and sister are graduates of the university. So he attended plenty of
UCF football contests at the Florida Citrus Bowl, but created the Knight Fan Stan persona after the Knights moved on
campus.

Stanley, who owns and operates Jet Set Printing in Casselberry, spends ample free time, and resources, to promote
the Knights. He has created KnightFanStan.com, is active on both Facebook and Twitter and hosts a weekly Internetradio show. All of the avenues allow him to talk about the Knights, and help brand UCF. He strives to reach those who are skeptical about attending UCF games and supporting the school.

“Knight Fan Stan is so passionate about UCF, maybe you can be too,” Stanley said. “If you take a fan who is on the
fence, and if I can make a difference, that is worthwhile.”

Stanley enjoys utilizing new media to reach potential supporters, but he says nothing beats the rush of getting the
crowd going each home game at Bright House Networks Stadium.

“The feeling is overwhelming. The passion for me is tremendous. The crowd gets me pumped up. More or less, it is
making sure that everybody is having a good time, and making sure that everyone gets involved with UCF sports. I
want to do this for the next 25, 30 years.”

By Doug Richards

UCFAthletics.com

Doug Richards obviously has never met KFS, since he wrote an article on the man in seriousness. lol at RDS working his magic

I don't like that we have some posters like "wildbill3" who can pound me in my personal email account and warn me of an infraction, for basically having a simple opinion as to what is going on the board.

I don't get it, I will never get it, nor will I ever understand why this even happens, or why its even allowed to happen.

d-1
You are pounding on the wrong Admin brother. I have worked with Brother Bill in the past and I have seen first hand what he has let slide today and you are barking up the wrong tree. If I was you I would drop it.

I like that as a lifelong miami fan from the midwest i can come here and discuss, piss and moan, and revere the miami dolphins all in one stoo.
its a bonus that i get to talk to intelligent football fans about all these things football and teach and learn all at the same time. I enjoy getting my film of college scouting talk and speculating on free agency and the draft where miami is concerned. Of course,the ladies lounge is a major perk and that every day girls thread damn sure doesnt hurt.

Joined in 06. I really liked reading posts from CK, Boomer. Nubs posting stuff too. I love to talk dolphins and posted a lot more back then. Now im so busy but i am a lifer.
I have read some good stuff on here. I will always be on FH at some point no matter how busy. My #1 spot to get my fix.

Joined in 06. I really liked reading posts from CK, Boomer. Nubs posting stuff too. I love to talk dolphins and posted a lot more back then. Now im so busy but i am a lifer.
I have read some good stuff on here. I will always be on FH at some point no matter how busy. My #1 spot to get my fix.
Thanks my Cali brother. We appreciate your membership!:hi5:

I hoped someone would ask. Retired Dolfan Stan was a legend on these boards. He was a very fun loving person that always made sure a fun time was had by all. He enjoyed holding press conferences in his backyard to update the die hard fans of his super-duper fan status. I believe his last big event as RDS was a seafood festival in New Jersey where he happily represented all of the Dolfans of the world. I was told a fun time was had by all...

But I digress. Here is his retirement speech... DS becomes RDS

Rumor has it that on gamedays in Orlando, you can still find the old kook at the Golden Knights stadium under the name Knights Fan Stan. I've never checked but you know what they say... never meet your heroes.

Google found this... View attachment 9722

View attachment 9723

Also, apparently he asked the Mods to delete everything he ever posted so there is no proof within finheaven except in memories.

He sounds great.... was this a parody or did he actually consider himself a "superfan." Maybe he retired to become fireman Ed :p

Seriouly though its odd he had all his posts deleted.

Being stuck in jet country up here in jersey this is a place I can go and talk about the fins at any given time and have knowledgable about our team.

You are pounding on the wrong Admin brother. I have worked with Brother Bill in the past and I have seen first hand what he has let slide today and you are barking up the wrong tree. If I was you I would drop it.

Fin Fan in Cali, I've seen you post for a long time, and you have been fair. My only issue is, that others that are within the higher ups of the board can break all the rules to curb all opinions others may have.

All I am stating is, we're all Miami Dolphins fans, I've been wrong on certain issues, but lets not make it a point to take each out because we may have different opinions, which are just that, just simple opinions.

Anyway, peace stay safe in California and I love the board.

d-1

He is just a troll mate dont give him a rise. He will get banned eventually (nudge nudge mods)

He is just a troll mate dont give him a rise. He will get banned eventually (nudge nudge mods)
Thanks Bro. I reach out to all in life. I am here for peace on the site and not to swing a 2x4 in walking tall. By the way I have become a part of the staff again.:)

He sounds great.... was this a parody or did he actually consider himself a "superfan." Maybe he retired to become fireman Ed :p

Seriouly though its odd he had all his posts deleted.
It depends on who you ask TBH. If you ask Stan himself, he was all that was good about Miami in the 80s and 90s. But if you ask others... well i'll just post a page from TMB that Google helped me find...

OH MY ****ING GOD

He was a running joke at FinHeaven. He thought he was some celebrity and we just kinda played with it. Wed call him out on his "Seafood Festivals" and "press Conferences". He then "retired" and became known as RDS. He eventually left and demanded we delete everything on the site that he posted in. He then left and become Knights Fan Stan.

Thought he was the Dolphins mascot

Hed always post these pics of huge crowds at his festivals, until someone found the images with a good image search lol. Hed always take these vacations and say he couldnt post, so hed let his secretary post for him and appoint Cedar as replacement RDS. Hed log in multiple times a day but never post for like a month. Then hed come back and make a grand entrance. We had so many jokes off that dude. He really honestly thought he was what he said too. It wasnt a troll. Thats what made it so hilarious.

Yeah pretty much. I'm a member of Finheaven and he was known over there as being the guy who thought he was the worlds biggest Dolphins fan. He even claimed he was/should be the mascot. He would say he's hosting festivals and dinners and post pictures of the so-called events and then somebody busted him for stealing the picture off google images and he put in his retirement speech. He went from Dolfan Stan to Retired Dolfan Stan (RDS) and then I guess he went full throttle with UCF.

God bless RDS... What a treat it was to post while he was around.

I live in Buffalo and have been a fin fan my whole life, I love coming on here and communicating with and hearing ideas and opinions from fellow fin fans. I might not post a ton on here, but I constantly check in to see what the latest hype is. It's also nice to be able to say something about the team I love and not receive a hard time (well not much of one anyways haha)

Back
Top Bottom