What punishment WILL the Pasts receive | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What punishment WILL the Pasts receive

I don't get what this proves. Goodell is going to schmooze with any owner he can, especially in a year where the NFL was synonymous with domestic violence.

Is that Kraft's daughter btw? :d-day:

It's his arm candy. He started running around with her less than a year after his wife's death. Bear in mind that Kraft was married to his deceased wife for 40 plus years. I guess someone could not wait for the wife to hit the sack.

And on topic:

I doubt that any punishment or any significant punishment will come. They may give a little slap on the hand like Spygate so the sheep are happy. But I probably will walk away from the NFL. I probably watch it but more with like WWE attitude rather than in a competitive way.

I don't get what this proves. Goodell is going to schmooze with any owner he can, especially in a year where the NFL was synonymous with domestic violence.

Is that Kraft's daughter btw? :d-day:

you mean like when Kraft went on TV the day the second video of Ray Rice broke out and just bent over and took it for Roger on some morning show? Trust me, there is something out of the ordinary going on here.

I think that they will get a extra pick in each round of the draft to make up for all the stress this has cause Billy and Tommy

We have seen in another thread what we think the Pats should get, but this is about what you think will happen. I honestly expect nothing and expect the NFL to come out and apologize to them for investigating them. What do you think?

When you see Kraft with his nose up Goodell's butt every Sunday in his private suite in Foxboro, don't expect much of a penalty.

I'm hoping they take away their first and second rounders. That way there's 2 less picks and two more options for our first 3 rounds. Other than that it doesnt matter one bit really. They'll probably still be a contender next year anyways unless brady wins and the scandal makes him decide to retire. Which I guess could be possible. Probbaly not.

The NFL will probably under pressure make NE forfeit it's first rounder. NE will then receive some unexplainable compensatory picks, which they will trade to get back into the first round.

It screams conflict of interest and negates impartiality on Roger's part.

You'd never see Daniel Bryan @ Vince McMahon's house before a PPV... oh, wait... you know wrestling is scripted.

Unfortunately the owners are the ones that appoint the Commissioner. They kind of hold his job in their hands so, yeah. Why does everyone seem to forget that the commish does the bidding of the owners?

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

That being said, they'll blame some low level ball boy and fine the Pats a coin toss on opening day. Also, a stern talkin' to.

Vintage Ted Wells…he will spread the blame around so nobody is at fault high up, but find someone to blame at lower levels.

Ball boy will probably lose his job..

nothing will happen kraft will pay somebody off
I think like Hayden Fox said, that is what they use Ted Wells for. To bury **** and minimize the overall impact. See Bullygate for an example close to home. I'm guessing ball boy / equipment guy, much like SNL did on their opening skit this week. Even they know the drill.

I doubt that any punishment or any significant punishment will come. They may give a little slap on the hand like Spygate so the sheep are happy. But I probably will walk away from the NFL. I probably watch it but more with like WWE attitude rather than in a competitive way.
I already see it that way. I'm probably going to miss my first SB in 35 years this year, even though I thin the HGHawks will blow them away (unless they have anotehr way to cheat all ready to go as aplan B if deflating ever got caught. They say belicheat prepares for everything! :lol:

I'm hoping they take away their first and second rounders. That way there's 2 less picks and two more options for our first 3 rounds. Other than that it doesnt matter one bit really. They'll probably still be a contender next year anyways unless brady wins and the scandal makes him decide to retire. Which I guess could be possible. Probbaly not.
Actually, even before this all happened, I wondered if this would be the year bellycheat trades brady to a team desperate to fill seats. Jimmy Garapola is waiting in the wings now and brady's not going to get any better. Now that the ball will be fully inflated, you no longer have him on your team and imply that he got much worse because he no longer played under the amazing bellichik, not because the ball was within the rules again. Plus, he's more of a dink and dunk QB now, but I think a few teams could be fleeced into taking him for some picks (please not Miami...please). That team is mostly about Gronk and the running game now.
It protects the belichik "legacy" a little more and we all know he takes care of #1.

The reputation of the league has really declined under Goodells's stewardship. He should have been fired after the Ray Rice debacle.
He will probably overlook Bellichicks claimed ignorance, even though he gave Sean Payton no such benefit of the doubt.

Read this, and then consider what punishment they should receive. High picks at the very least.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/patriots-always-keep-a-tight-grip-on-the-ball-1422054846

This was already brought up in the other thread.

I see no way for Goodell to wash over this and not hurt the integrity of the game...so at a minimum the punishment will have to equal spygate....1st round pick....and in that case Belichek paid $500,000 and the team $250,000.

I however....think it will be greater and will include some bans.

This is a second offense which calls for stronger punishment. Sean Payton was banned for a year.

I really don't see how anybody thinks this can get overlooked, and appease a nation of football fans losing faith in the NFL, and angry at an organization that breaks the rules repeatedly.

Remember this....the Ravens tipped off the NFL the week before because of the deflated Patriot ball they noticed....which led to the halftime inspection against the Colts.

There is every reason to think this very well could have cost the Ravens the close loss....and changed who is playing in Superbowl 49.

This was already brought up in the other thread.

I see no way for Goodell to wash over this and not hurt the integrity of the game...so at a minimum the punishment will have to equal spygate....1st round pick....and in that case Belichek paid $500,000 and the team $250,000.

I however....think it will be greater and will include some bans.

This is a second offense which calls for stronger punishment. Sean Payton was banned for a year.

I really don't see how anybody thinks this can get overlooked, and appease a nation of football fans losing faith in the NFL, and angry at an organization that breaks the rules repeatedly.

Remember this....the Ravens tipped off the NFL the week before because of the deflated Patriot ball they noticed....which led to the halftime inspection against the Colts.

There is every reason to think this very well could have cost the Ravens the close loss....and changed who is playing in Superbowl 49.

In 2006 Manning and Brady successfully lobbied the league to start allowing visiting teams to bring 12 of their own balls to the games instead of the home team proving all of them. The next year, that practice was implemented. Funny how that coincides with a sudden and drastic reduction in the number of fumbles the Patriots had between 2006 and 2007. And how since 2007, the only teams that had less fumbles were Dome teams and since 2010 NOT EVEN DOME TEAMS had fewer fumbles.

I don't care if they can't find a "smoking gun", those balls are under the custody of the team therefore Belicheat should be held responsible because its his team.

Back
Top Bottom