What should the penalty be for Deflate Gate??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What should the penalty be for Deflate Gate???

What should the penalty be for Inflate Gate?

• No penalty at all

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A team fine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A fine and loss of draft pick (s)

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Bellichick sudpended for a year

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A fine and Bellichick suspension

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • The Patriots Death Penalty (team is banned permanently)

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dont think anything is going to come from this. Just another one of the questionable things that happen around the pats.

If an organization repeatedly bends tbe rules, it should come with some penalties. It's not like what they are doing is an innocent accident. The NFL always talks about "the Shield," and integrity of the game. Why have any rules if you are not going to punish teams for cheating.

I would say if they really deflated balls, then the penalty they got for spygate would fit the crime. the penalty they got for spygate was not enough, imo. although, seeing as how they already got caught for cheating, if they get caught again, I supposed the penalty should be more severe. I put fined and draft pick(s), but thinking about it further, i'd say a suspension and fine are warranted.

I think every member of the Colts should be allowed to punch Tom Brady once in the face......

Belicheat is a repeat offender. Fine and suspension.

Report: Patriots used 11 under-inflated footballs in AFC title game

The NFL has found that 11 of the 12 footballs used by the New England Patriots in Sunday's 45-7 AFC Championship Game win over the Indianapolis Colts were under-inflated by two pounds of air (PSI) each, according to Chris Mortensen of ESPN.

Mortensen notes that the league has not commented on the matter as of Tuesday night, and that the Patriots will continue to cooperate with the investigation.

"We have been in complete cooperation with the league and will continue to do so," said Patriots spokesman Stacey James.

Here's what the NFL game operations manual says regarding punishment for those guilty of under-inflating footballs, courtesy of Kevin Seifert of ESPN.

If any individual alters the footballs, or if a non-approved ball is used in the game, the person responsible and, if appropriate, the head coach or other club personnel will be subject to discipline, including but not limited to, a fine of $25,000.

That penalty is meant as a guideline. Larger fines and potential forfeiture of draft choices are possible depending on the severity of the infraction.

The footballs were inspected and approved by referee Walt Anderson two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff and were returned to each team. League rules state the balls are not to be altered from that point on.

The balls are required to be inflated between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch and weigh between 14 and 15 ounces.

As Mortensen notes, while the NFL has reportedly determined that 11 of the 12 balls were under-inflated, it has not yet determined how they came to be under-inflated.

Troy Vincent, the league's senior executive vice president of football operations, said Tuesday that the league expects to conclude its investigation in "two or three days."

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/684794

Draft picks and a suspension of Belichick. This is absurd. Repeat offenders, to boot.

Here's what is gonna happen folks: They'll try to see if Bellicheat knew about the balls. My guess is they won't be able to prove he did know (who is he kidding though, right?). Based on that fact Bellicheat will walk away clean but with the putrid stench of filth attached to his name. The Pats will be fined and lose one of their 200 draft picks. In layman's terms: Wrist slap and an *Asterisk next to their Super Bowl victory if they get it.

If this was the Patriots & Belichick's first time for blatant cheating I could understand just fining them $25, 000, which is a light slap on the wrist, but they are repeat violators. I think Belicheat deserves a one year unpaid suspension, like Coach Payton received a while back for Bountygate with the Saints, along with taking away some draft picks.

I could see the NFL handing down fines and a Belicheat suspension for next season... I could also see the Patriots winning in a couple weeks and then BB retiring as a big FU to the league, skipping out on punishment.

I think the penalty should be severe. Usually, with cheating you are just scratching the surface. BB is a corrupt coach and wasn't such a genius in Cleveland. No one knows how long he has been doing the things he does until he gets caught. Has he been finding other ways to cheat that haven't been discovered yet? No one knows, but it damages the credibility of the league.
Ask yourselves this. What would Goodell do to a team like the Saints or Dolphins had they done this? Guarantee he would be merciless.
But he's Bob Krafts lap dog, so it will a slap on the wrist. Gotta guarantee one more ring for Tommy so that he can tie Bradshaw and Montana.
This whole thing stinks.

Back
Top Bottom