what should we do on draft day?

what should we do on draft day?

• stay at #16 and get the best player available

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • try do trade down and get more picks

Votes: 24 96.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree it's pretty much a no brainer. If a team is willing to pay value for the 16 slot, take it and run.

Jimmy James said:
I agree it's pretty much a no brainer. If a team is willing to pay value for the 16 slot, take it and run.

yep, unless something happens and a top 5 player somehow falls to 16.

newlownorder said:
yep, unless something happens and a top 5 player somehow falls to 16.

Unless the top 5 player is Hawk, I actually disagree with you. If some other top 5 player falls, Miami should be able to pretty much ransom the 16 pick and get serious draft picks for the right to pick him. For instance, imagine ML falling. Miami doesn't need to take ML, but they could pretty much own the Vikings just to move down one spot.

ETA: Huff is another player I'd totally take at 16, but he looks to be going 7-8-9 in the drafts I have seen.

Jimmy James said:
Unless the top 5 player is Hawk, I actually disagree with you. If some other top 5 player falls, Miami should be able to pretty much ransom the 16 pick and get serious draft picks for the right to pick him. For instance, imagine ML falling. Miami doesn't need to take ML, but they could pretty much own the Vikings just to move down one spot.

ETA: Huff is another player I'd totally take at 16, but he looks to be going 7-8-9 in the drafts I have seen.

Couldn't agree more on all points. Altough it'd be hard to pass on Brick or Mario.

Motion said:
Couldn't agree more on all points. Altough it'd be hard to pass on Brick or Mario.

True. Brick would be tempting.

As far as Mario goes, I haven't even considered him in Nick's 3-4 because it seems so unlikely he'll fall. I'd love to have him if he fits at 3-4 DE or LB.

Pray wisdom prevails...

I am just kidding but I am really not. Recently someone posted that Miami was ranked 25 in the league in their drafting performance over the last 5 years. I find that interesting that you could judge the more recent drafts so quickly. But based on obvious bad judgement during Wanny's regime Saban could only improve the situation.
I hope we increase picks due to the depth of the draft. I hope we don't reach for guys due to need, and I hope we find at least one or two sleepers in the undrafted free agent group.

Lee2000

Seeing that there is alot of talent on the defensive side of the ball IMO we could trade down to acquire more picks. There is not going to be anything super spectacular at pick 16 and it looks like alot of teams are going to let QBs slip. The dolphins should be able to pick up a developmental QB in the fourth. Like Omar Jacobs.

I hope that we trade down with the Vikes and get our 2nd round pick back. That way we could still get an impact player like Santonio or Lawson and get something like a safety or a OT in round 2.

Back
Top Bottom