What size contract will Lamont Jordan command on the open free agent market? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What size contract will Lamont Jordan command on the open free agent market?

no point in getting this guy, we need an o-line, before we think about a hb.

Wan't To Rumble said:
no point in getting this guy, we need an o-line, before we think about a hb.

so because we need other things, we shouldnt even sign a RB?

Nappy Roots said:
so because we need other things, we shouldnt even sign a RB?
Hey Nappy, I am with you, lamont will be a lot more resonable then Edge, or Alexander, and with the money we save with getting Jordan , we could use it on the rebuilding of the Oline! Let these learn together!

DolfanNJ said:
Why no Lamont Jordan? I seem to be saying this a lot but,

1)He can't break tackles. Something you need to do esp. behind our line.
2)He only gains yards when there is a huge hole.
3)He's been a backup for a couple of years when, if he was good enough, he should have taken over martins spot this past season.
4)The Jets don't seem too eager to keep him,
a)not even close to splitting carries after he threatened to leave if he didnt see more time.
b)no talks of resigning him, after he stated he wanted to stay with the jets and only the aging martin is still in backfield
5)He isn't going to come cheap. Maybe cheaper than edge and alexander but not by much, and why not have a probowler instead of a proven backup.
6)He isn't much better than what we have now, if at all.

I cant believe I'm agreeing with a bills fan but he isnt worth a damn. Herman edwards would never let him go if he was what you guys make him out to be, ESPECIALLY TO A RIVAL. If you've seen Jets games this past season and preseason you would know what im talking about. Trust me PLEASE NO LAMONT JORDAN.

With the depth at RB in the draft, I think if the Dolphins don't wanna draft a RB 2nd overall, a better option than Jordan may be a RB in the 3rd rd, or possibly the 2nd if they acquire a pick. I've never really been impressed with Jordan, he did tear up the Dolphins on MNF, but I don't believe Jeff Zgonia or Bryan Robinson strike fear in the heart of any RB.

I'd love for them to get Jordan. I'd immediately get a Jersey (simply because its my first name, other than that he seems like a good pickup)

I think we could get Shaun for about 3 mil a year. Jordan would cost us 1.5-2 mil a year. That's a tough decision, glad its not mine.

No Drfletch they both would cost significantly more than that...

Heres a guess from my side just to add some numbers into the equation:

I say 5 years for $17 million, which includes a $6 million signing bonus. Considering most of these deals are very back heavy (say $4 million per season in years four and five), it would look like a 3 year, $9 million deal with very little chance that he makes it to the end of the contract without either reneogtiating (if hes good) or getting cut (if hes not).

He will be in demand this offseason.

Spend what we would spend on Jordan on better D players or even a WR in FA...I see Saban acquiring a few D players that better fit the mold he is looking for...a LB, a DE, a DT, a S rather than a RB. Linehan's offense seems to be a RB-by-committee type of O as he has shown in Minny...that may have been out of need, but it seemed to work. He may also be looking more for an OL in FA. We can get a "Minor" type of RB that can catch the ball and is quick enough to make a guy miss on screens, draws and flares (a staple in his offense). I'd rather spend that money on a LT than a RB right now.... A decent line makes an average RB look good.

I would not be unhappy with Jordan, just a little surprised that Saban goes that route.

4 years at 11.5 mill (1.5 mill signing bonus is fair for both sides).... stick in some incentive clauses as well

hahah some1 said 6 mill dollar signing bonus... thats insane for some1 who's been a backup his whole career

Back
Top Bottom