What the Alex Smith Deal Means for Miami... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What the Alex Smith Deal Means for Miami...

To get him to consider buffalo they are gonna have to give cousins like 25 percent more guaranteed than anyone else.

They gonna have to go Mario Williams when he signed with the bills years ago

Blow the doors off everyone else’s compensation. And even then I still think he’d say no

I think 2 off them top qb will be there when dolphins pick at 11 if they want qb in rd 1. they will draft qb in 2 rd....

Those 21 and 22 picks look pretty good from Buffalo. They definitely have the ammo to move up as high as 6 or 7. More if they package some later picks. Possible trade up to 4 with Cleveland (who likes to add picks). ....or SF.

Kirk Cousins should be doing back flips right now. He had very little to work with in Was. Not a great group of WR's, no TE or franchise RB. I can see Alex Smith struggling big time there.

I wonder if Cincy is ready to move on from Andy Dalton yet. They could be in the running for a QB at 12. Only a $2.4M dead hit for them.

The you have Arizona. They have 15 and a desperate need for a QB. Also could be in the market for one of the FA's.

Going to be a fun off-season.

Quick: you crack your glass and it is fixed, and another rock hits it and cracks it... is it cracked on two separate occasions?

Kudos to Dr. Andrews and Ryan Tannehill for that

giphy.gif

Okay. Fine. Let's get deeper into this.

1) Ryan Tannehill's ACL was never "fixed." So that part of your analogy is flawed.

In late 2016, Ryan Tannehill had a Grade 2 sprain of his ACL. This is a partial tear. The tear itself does not heal, so it cannot be "fixed" without surgery. If you would like to use your friend Google and research "treatment for Grade 2 ACL sprain," you'll note that Grade 2 sprains are tricky. Sometimes the treatment chosen is rehab and bracing to strengthen the weakened knee. Sometimes it's surgery. The reference you keep bringing up here, Dr. James Andrews, is one of the people who recommended that the non-surgical route would be sufficient. Everyone who recommended that and thought it would be fine...was wrong.

2) Your analogy suggests that there were two completely separate tears to Ryan Tannehill's knee. Please point out any medical report from Dr. James Andrews, Dr. Seuss, or Zippy The Wonder Horse where there were two separate tears in Ryan Tannehill's knee. So that part of your analogy...is also flawed.

What occurred is that in August, after rehab and bracing, the knee gave way. If one wanted to get all snooty, one could point out that the ACL still never completely tore. But that would be silly. The point is that it was now evident that he couldn't get by with bracing and rehabbing. So it was obvious that surgery was necessary to repair it.

If you want to argue the semantics of whether "re-injuring" the exact same tear in his ACL that was never repaired in the first place counts as two separate injuries, you're picking at minutia. It doesn't make him any more injury prone. If anything, it now makes him less injury prone than before he had the surgery.

Jay Gruden's knock on Cousins this year was that he was hesitant to throw over the top. Maybe because Garcon or DJax left and were replaced by the bust Pryor. So how do the Redskins replace the guy that won't throw deep? They get Smith who up until 2017 had the exact same knock against him. Funny how one year can change what everybody thinks about a player.

This thread is so backwards. Instead of "hey, Cousins may go to a team ahead of us making another QB available for us," it should actually be, "damn, anyone ahead of us that needs a QB might take Cousins instead, leaving one less (non QB) elite prospect for us at 11."

Hopefully it doesn't happen and he's signed by someone after us.

Hey, someone ahead of us might have traded for Alex Smith if this hadn't happened (the bright side).

I thought about this as well, after I posted.

It's odd. While I would thoroughly love to not decrease the unlikely chances of a stud like Minkah falling to 11, I'm also a fan of picking a QB for the future. While I get the logic of people saying "There's no QB after the top 2 worthy of picking at 11," and I get the measurables and concerns, every non-statistical/measurable fiber of my being is screaming that whomever passes on Baker Mayfield is going to regret it in 3-4 years.

Washington must be excited to start strong and fade down the stretch, culminating in a first round playoff loss for the next few years. Way better option than rolling the dice on potential elite talent on the draft.

Anytime I get frustrated being a Fins fan, it’s always nice to know that you can look at Washington and always know someone has it worse.

Denver makes tons of sense for Cousins but I imagine the Browns are the favorites.

And I must say if they add Cousins, Barkley and Someone like Bradley Chubb opposite Myles Garrett .. . . That AFC North better watch out.

Barkley, Duke Johnson, Njoku, Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman . . . .hell sign Juice and throw him in the slot . . . Plus a good Oline already . . . Whewwww.

Denver makes tons of sense for Cousins but I imagine the Browns are the favorites.

And I must say if they add Cousins, Barkley and Someone like Bradley Chubb opposite Myles Garrett .. . . That AFC North better watch out.

Barkley, Duke Johnson, Njoku, Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman . . . .hell sign Juice and throw him in the slot . . . Plus a good Oline already . . . Whewwww.
Yup! And they shaped up that FO pretty well too...

Yeah I don’t think 21 and 22 gets you into the top 6 when they know you are coming up for a qb

They gonna force your hand more than that as in 2019 first rounder.

If I know you are coming up for a qb into the top 6 and I’m dropping to 21 you are gonna give me your 21 and 22 your 2019 1st and a 3rd rounder this or next year.

Otherwise I will sell it to someone else

If you are coming for any of the top 3 qbs I’m gonna hold you to that price. Darnold allen or rosen

And I’m gonna use the 2019 qb draft class outlook as leverage for my price

The Redskins are honestly on the level of the Browns with Snyder as an owner. The Dolphins are only a slight step above those two.

Teams get Alex Smith and his tenures run their course with his limited ability. The Redskins payed him like he's Drew Bress tho LMAO.

Back
Top Bottom