What the Miami Dolphins are doing as the NFL trade deadline nears | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What the Miami Dolphins are doing as the NFL trade deadline nears

I'm looking to 2018 not the next 9 weeks in qb hell

and yeah id trade for him...provided what we give up makes sense...he may be a free agent at the end of the season though...

Ajayi might be on the market.

I think Gase is fed up with him.

Not sure if another team is up for it, but I MIGHT be willing to do a half year rental of Landry.....baseball style.

if Miami is willing to sell low there will be takers on our skill guys...dvp, juice, ajayi

but you damn well better hit with those return picks cause all you are doing is adding to your needs list

low would be 2nd rounders on dvp and juice and 3rd rounder on ajayi

running backs are always undervalued in trade

That would be the nail in the coffin for Gase to trade Ajayi (not his call regardless). We need freaking linemen but based on what Gase says maybe not. I'm no expert but we need linemen, linemen, and more linemen then and only then should Gase teach the idiots the playbook for game day.

Oh, an a offensive coord who can call plays, a offensive line coach who can teach blocking, a rb coach who can teach a blitz pickup and a tight end who can play.

I think we are sellers.
We just don't want to admit it leading to a depression in price.

Ajayi might be on the market.

I think Gase is fed up with him.

Not sure if another team is up for it, but I MIGHT be willing to do a half year rental of Landry.....baseball style.

Surprised to see this. Gase fed up with Ajayi? What am I missing? What happened?

Gotcha, I have stayed away from dolphins info since thursday til today.
read the transcript someone posted and get up to speed. He made some pretty poignant allegations regarding players not putting fourth required effort, studying, etc. and said it's basically some of the better players without really mentioning them by name. He said he would replace them as they have be warned a while ago but then said he doesn't have anyone to take their place. I'm paraphrasing and filling in the banks but please listen or read it on your own and make your own assessment as i'd like too hear what you think.

read the transcript someone posted and get up to speed. He made some pretty poignant allegations regarding players not putting fourth required effort, studying, etc. and said it's basically some of the better players without really mentioning them by name. He said he would replace them as they have be warned a while ago but then said he doesn't have anyone to take their place. I'm paraphrasing and filling in the banks but please listen or read it on your own and make your own assessment as i'd like too hear what you think.

Wow interesting. Will do in about an hour or so. Still at work. :)

Trading for players from another team would be stupid at this point and trading draft picks for players would be Mike Tannenbaum stupid. This team should be looking to unload players for as many draft picks as possible. This organization needs an infusion of young, talented, and cheap players, especially on offense, and that can only be achieved through the draft. Look at how well Buffalo has set themselves up for the future with two picks in each of the first three rounds in next season's draft all while being 5-2 this season and looking like a playoff team.

How about Kaepernick? In all seriousness, at least he can run from the defense. Plus, at this point I don't think it would be a big contract.

I know fans are talking about Graham and Ebron and any tight end who can catch, but until the offensive line is fixed it doesn't really matter. Even Gronk would struggle in this offense.

So I read this (http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/10/27/what-miami-dolphins-adam-gase-said-friday/). Very interesting. I know I've seen a couple examples per game of Ajayi missing blocks or not attempting to block in the first place. I'm glad we have a coach that tells it how it is. I would assume most of the WR corps is as well including Landry.

And as far as his thoughts on the Kiko hit....It was a bad hit, it even looked like he adjusted to go lower because he was sliding, but case in point, if he did get the first down everyone here, and someone in particular, would be on him for the entire week over it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't on that one. I was surprised he wasn't ejected, but was glad he wasn't.

I think I'd rather just draft mark Andrews than trade for eric ebron

Exactly! But draft Andrews and Goedert. Both are elite athletes and Goedert is now near 270 and still running a 4.65.
Both are good blockers and highly intelligent with stellar character. The receiving talent of both is All-American.

It's time to move on with the TE corps. Thomas is worthless and Fasano is a really old free agent next off season.

One reason why I wouldn't mind seeing one or two of our guys traded. Transfer some cap to some areas of need and get younger. Might cost a 2nd and a 3rd but I believe the reward with having two complete and elite TE's for four years cheap would greatly out weigh the cost.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom