What We Could See With Paul P | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What We Could See With Paul P

BIG_FISH_RI

BIG_FISH_RI
Reaction score
I was a little concerned when we hired Paul P because all I know about him is that he was the Head Coach at Syracuse for many years and was then fired when the program started the decline. So I called a high school buddy of mine that went to Syracuse and played for Paul. What he confirmed for me was when he 1st got there the Orangeman ran a 3-4 blitz scheme with plenty of shifts and alignments to confuse and free up blitzing backers. He confirmed that the system was very complex and confusing and took a lot to get adjusted to. The defense would always have 3 down linemen but there was always at least 4 coming. Based on what he was saying is that it is a scheme very similar to Pittsburg. A pressure scheme living and dying by the blitz. In his 4 years there 2 of the 4 years they ran a 3-4 but due to personnel they switched to a 4-3. However, even with the 4-3 alignment there was still a ton of zone blitz packages that they ran.

It sounds to me that our boy Pauly likes a 3-4 zone blitz scheme. I guess it assumed that we will run a similar defense in Miami. While I can not say for sure just take it for what it is worth. Just thought some of you guys like me that is not familiar with the guy would like to know something about our new DC background.

He actually ended up ruining SU football. After Dnabb left it went downhill and fast. he probably will make a good DC, but HC, hells no!

He actually ended up ruining SU football. After Dnabb left it went downhill and fast. he probably will make a good DC, but HC, hells no!

I agree but in his defense I think the down fall has a lot to do with the freeze option attacke that he was trying to run in SU.

I agree but in his defense I think the down fall has a lot to do with the freeze option attacke that he was trying to run in SU.

and trust me, troy nunes, and perry paterson were not the answer. Thank god they are gone

I believe I saw you put this in another post. I'm just confused as to why we're even talking about him being a HC. He's our DC, from what the original poster said he runs a great scheme and could really help us out here in Miami.

Boy, I hope it's true.

I think he recruited Kelvin Smith and too bad we didnt still have Morlon Greenwood we could have a little reunion. He knows exaclty what Will Allen can do!

Miami LOVED cuse players back in the day.

I was a little concerned when we hired Paul P because all I know about him is that he was the Head Coach at Syracuse for many years and was then fired when the program started the decline. So I called a high school buddy of mine that went to Syracuse and played for Paul. What he confirmed for me was when he 1st got there the Orangeman ran a 3-4 blitz scheme with plenty of shifts and alignments to confuse and free up blitzing backers. He confirmed that the system was very complex and confusing and took a lot to get adjusted to. The defense would always have 3 down linemen but there was always at least 4 coming. Based on what he was saying is that it is a scheme very similar to Pittsburg. A pressure scheme living and dying by the blitz. In his 4 years there 2 of the 4 years they ran a 3-4 but due to personnel they switched to a 4-3. However, even with the 4-3 alignment there was still a ton of zone blitz packages that they ran.

It sounds to me that our boy Pauly likes a 3-4 zone blitz scheme. I guess it assumed that we will run a similar defense in Miami. While I can not say for sure just take it for what it is worth. Just thought some of you guys like me that is not familiar with the guy would like to know something about our new DC background.

I think the scheme is good but for the scheme to work we need the players to executed. The schemes could be amazing in design but if we don't have the players to execute it than it won't make much of a difference.

I think the scheme is good but for the scheme to work we need the players to executed. The schemes could be amazing in design but if we don't have the players to execute it than it won't make much of a difference.

Your right
but the thing that a lot of people is over looking is Paul was smart enough to know that he didn't have the right players to run his defense so he changed the defense to fit the personel.
It will be interesting to see the type of defense that we run next season.

If this is Paul P's type of defense. Then guess what?

We will need LB/DE HYBRIDS, lots of them. With this type of scheme you can never have enough versatile LBs that can run, and we don't have enough of that kind on our roster.

I love this type of defense, I love versatile LBs that fly all over the field, and I hope that is the direction we are going.

Rookies such as: Vernon Gholston, Derrick Harvey, Quentin Groves, Keith Rivers, Ezra Butler and Shawn Crable.

Free Agents such as: Lance Briggs, Karlos Dansby Chris Canty, Marcus Spears, Lance Briggs, and Terrell Suggs.

If this is Paul P's type of defense. Then guess what?

We will need LB/DE HYBRIDS, lots of them. With this type of scheme you can never have enough versatile LBs that can run, and we don't have enough of that kind on our roster.

I love this type of defense, I love versatile LBs that fly all over the field, and I hope that is the direction we are going.

Rookies such as: Vernon Gholston, Derrick Harvey, Quentin Groves, Keith Rivers, Ezra Butler and Shawn Crable.

Free Agents such as: Lance Briggs, Karlos Dansby Chris Canty, Marcus Spears, Lance Briggs, and Terrell Suggs.

you already said lance briggs:winkwink:

That's the kind of defense i've wanted here for a while....It's an exciting defense to watch...I think we're in good hands for the foreseeable future...

I totally disagree with this D. We have tried this the last few years. It's too complicated for the new guys. You need a team like NE that has been together forever to be successful. Their core has been there a long time and that is why you can plug a new guy in and it still works. We have NO core! We have guys like Crowder who couldn't find his way out of a paper bag. We DO NOT have the personnel for this D and aren't even close to having it.

I see the Vikes and their 4 man front and that is the way to start a D. You put 2 BIG tackles up front and dare the other team to run on you. Once you shut down the run now you get a decent set of DB's and a top safety and now you can make things happen. Your LB's can now run around and do damage. You make the D so complicated nobody is on the same page at all times. The only way this works is IF they bring in ALOT of players from that system. It will take 2+ years just to get these guys comfortable and how much turnover will take place in that time and then guys you teach - will they still be here in 3 years the way FA is.

Back
Top Bottom