What we got now vs. less talent but more intelligence? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What we got now vs. less talent but more intelligence?

Marino13fanboy1

Legend in his own mind
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'd personally be happier if we had LESS talent right now but played a HECK of a lot smarter and more intelligently on the field. No mental mistakes, no dumb play-calling.

We're rebuilding, right? So we add intelligent talent later, but at least we put a smart team out on the field. I can't personally stand seeing good talent wasted by playing STUPID football. I'd rather see us trade away all the stupid, expensive talent we have for less, more intelligent talent.

Am I alone?

I think we need to keep our heads more on the field. But, we were definitely a victim of biased play calling against Atlanta. It seemed like the Falcons could do whatever they wanted. But if we tried the same things we were penalized.

I think for the most part, Shula had less talented teams that performed well because they played smart, didn't rack up penalties, and knew their roles. If Shula had more talent from the mid 70s to the mid 90s, he'd have had way more superbowl rings.

I miss the Shula era where we won with less talent. It's a shame though, because all those decent seasons where Shula coached well cost us with low draft picks.

Back
Top Bottom