What will take to get Wake into the HoF? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will take to get Wake into the HoF?

So what will it take?

• 100+ total sacks

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • 110+ total sacks

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Super bowl appearance

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • His time put in during NFL/CFL is enough

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
If he has 2 more seasons like last year or even gets to 100 sacks he should be considered.

Even his first year with us he produced on very limited snaps.

It's a shame and a blessing he didn't work out with the Giants.

One thing to consider is that it's the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Not the NFL HOF. They recognized Warren Moon's CFL stats. They should recognize the most dominant defensive player in CFL history. Get 100 sacks and the 2010 All-Decade team and he should get in the HOF imo
Well he played 2 seasons in the CFL. 16 and 23 sacks. Defensive player of year award. Made all star team both years

Well he played 2 seasons in the CFL. 16 and 23 sacks. Defensive player of year award. Made all star team both years

CFL stats count correct?

It sucks it's taken this long to put together a real team around him.

I still think if he gets over 100 sacks he should be mentioned..

BTW when is Zach getting in or allowed?

I remember him being better than Jason and I love JT.

Zach is best known for laying the wood but people take for granted the fact he was a playmaker. (not us)

I think Zach deserves it just as much as JT to be honest.

See, this is what I think too. I don't see 130+ needed.

Chris Doleman had 150 sacks and waited like 12 years to get in. Kevin Greene had 160 sacks and waited 17 years. JT had 139 and got in first ballot which is the exception not the norm. But overall you need to be in that 130-150 range to even be considered. Anything less and you are fooling yourself. He isn't getting in people, just keeping it real.

I remember him being better than Jason and I love JT.

Zach is best known for laying the wood but people take for granted the fact he was a playmaker. (not us)

I think Zach deserves it just as much as JT to be honest.

Good lord
Zach is one of my top 5 Miami Dolphin players since I became a fan
in 1970 but to say he was better than JT borders on insanity

Look in the dictionary and under playmaker and you'll see Jason Taylors photo

139.5 tackles...46 forced fumbles...

Chris Doleman had 150 sacks and waited like 12 years to get in. Kevin Greene had 160 sacks and waited 17 years. JT had 139 and got in first ballot which is the exception not the norm. But overall you need to be in that 130-150 range to even be considered. Anything less and you are fooling yourself. He isn't getting in people, just keeping it real.

Just wondering your opinion..

Do you think he should get some slack for only being in the league for so many years or should that be a fault?

I really wish he worked out for the Giants for his sake (and the Giants lol) but we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Imagine the Giants with Osi, Tuck, Strahan, and Wake lol Brady would've gotten crushed even worse lol

Good lord
Zach is one of my top 5 Miami Dolphin players since I became a fan
in 1970 but to say he was better than JT borders on insanity

Look in the dictionary and under playmaker and you'll see Jason Taylors photo

139.5 tackles...46 forced fumbles...

That's really not a far fetched statement lol

I think you meant sacks 139.5.

There was a time when Zach was better than JT.

You have your opinion I have mine.

Just because I said Zach was a playmaker doesn't mean I don't think JT was as well.

I find it flat out disrespectful to say Zach isn't comparable.

Pick which one is Zach and JT..

That's with Ray Lewis taking away accolades (probably the best LBer of the generation)
  • More tackles than any linebacker currently in the Hall of Fame-Zach Thomas

Last edited:
100+ sacks, a DPOY, and a signature moment in the SuperBowl - a crushing sack to win the game?
Multiple All-Pro nods definitely helps way more than the farce that is the pro bowl.

I thinks he gets in.

Would love to eat crow here, but he's probably not going to win a SB, and he's probably not going to be DPOY. I would say for him to get in the HoF, he'd have to ring up 130+ sacks. Can he play 4-5 yrs to get there? Probably not. Love the guy, but I don't see him getting in.

Last edited:
More tackles than any linebacker currently in the Hall of Fame-Zach Thomas

Are you sure? I think Junior Seau has more tackles than Zach Thomas. Then again, Junior did play 7 more seasons.

One more thing...this website has Zach with 1100 career tackles and this would put him behind a lot of other LBs not in the HOF and two that are. Junior Seau with 1,524 and Derrick Brooks with 1,301.
https://sportslistoftheday.com/2013...players-with-the-most-tackles-in-nfl-history/

As we are all aware, Cam had a late start to his NFL career. Yet he has been one of the league's best pass rusher year in and year out.
Cam is just entering his 9th season at the ripe age of 35. In the 8 preceding seasons he's managed 81.5 sacks which is good for just over 10 sacks a season. Jason Taylor, for contrast, only managed 9.3 in his 15 seasons. My question to you is, what realistic goal could he meet to get him in? When I say realistic I mean no "5 plus years with 10 sacks a season" while a super bowl I would say is realistic over the course of 3-4 years. Probable? Maybe not, but definitely a possibility.

Or do you think since he played at such a high level during his time that the NFL will look past what other HoFers had achieved and he is already on his way?

Phins up!
I'm not going to make my reply yet I just want to say great post

Well total tackles is probably the most overrated stat in football. Too many factors. A tackle could happen 15 yards down field

Last edited:
Are you sure? I think Junior Seau has more tackles than Zach Thomas. Then again, Junior did play 7 more seasons.

One more thing...this website has Zach with 1100 career tackles and this would put him behind a lot of other LBs not in the HOF and two that are. Junior Seau with 1,524 and Derrick Brooks with 1,301.
https://sportslistoftheday.com/2013...players-with-the-most-tackles-in-nfl-history/

Yes Seau does with 1846 tackles

Zach has 1720 tackles

Brooks has 1698 tackles

Zach has more 1st team all pros (5) than JT has total (4) lol

WIth Ray Lewis in the equation, I think that's a hell of an accomplishment.

I love Jason Taylor but he even knows Zach should be a Hofer just as much.

He's said it himself. We had the best CB duo in the league and a stacked int Dline. (helped both Zach and Jason)

Michael Strahan wasn't a first ballot Hofer lol That's a joke

I love Jason Taylor. He wasn't better than Michael Strahan though.

I'm a fins fan and truly believe that. As diehard as one can be but am objective.

Zach is a playmaker and apparently the AP thought so as well seeing he has 7 all pro seasons compared to Jason's 4.

Jason was in the spotlight after his career. Zach never cared for that type of stuff.

To say I'm crazy for comparing the two is crazy lol

He either needs a Super Bowl ring before he retires, or at least another 50+ sacks and a dpoy.

Back
Top Bottom