What will take to get Wake into the HoF? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will take to get Wake into the HoF?

So what will it take?

• 100+ total sacks

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • 110+ total sacks

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Super bowl appearance

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • His time put in during NFL/CFL is enough

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
Are you sure? I think Junior Seau has more tackles than Zach Thomas. Then again, Junior did play 7 more seasons.

One more thing...this website has Zach with 1100 career tackles and this would put him behind a lot of other LBs not in the HOF and two that are. Junior Seau with 1,524 and Derrick Brooks with 1,301.
https://sportslistoftheday.com/2013...players-with-the-most-tackles-in-nfl-history/

The tackles thing was on his wiki probably before Seau made the Hof.

My bad on that one.

People forget what a force Zach was for us.

The only thing JT has on him is he won a DVOP. ( I love JT so im not talking bad at all)

He doesn't have the sexy sack stat line.

All-Pros really do matter. If JT had that, I'd say there's no argument at all.

How did this turn into JT vs Zach lol

When I said this--BTW when is Zach getting in or allowed?

I remember him being better than Jason and I love JT.

Zach is best known for laying the wood but people take for granted the fact he was a playmaker. (not us)

I think Zach deserves it just as much as JT to be honest

And got called insane for it lol

Good lord
Zach is one of my top 5 Miami Dolphin players since I became a fan
in 1970 but to say he was better than JT borders on insanity

Look in the dictionary and under playmaker and you'll see Jason Taylors photo

139.5 tackles...46 forced fumbles...

I love them both as Dolphins legends.

I will say nothing bad about JT. I love the guy.

Both guys were my football idols growing up.

I don't want to argue anymore lol No point and they're both my guys

PHINS UP!!! Two differing opinions that's all

Just wondering your opinion..

Do you think he should get some slack for only being in the league for so many years or should that be a fault?

No you don't get slack for it. The Hall of Fame is the Hall of Fame, no asterisk because Cam wasn't good enough coming out of college to play in the NFL and it took him longer to get to the NFL which in turn means he has lesser stats. It's not necessarily a fault, it's just reality. You either have the numbers or don't to get into the hall of fame, Cam doesn't and probably due to his age never will.

A Super Bowl ring should have absolutely nothing to do with a player's (regardless of position) worthiness of the HoF. Is it being used as the final qualifier between players with very similar accolades? What if the player that has the ring was a non-factor, or neutralized, or injured during said championship? I've just never understood this debate.

The guy needs a couple more big seasons while the Fins are getting better national attention. Plus, as some said, he needs a signature performance in a meaningful knockout game. That could be enough to do it.

Hard to say. He might have to be productive for another 3-4 years with a super bowl appearance or championship. Another 30-40 sacks could at least put him on the map.

Cam is a great pass rusher but I think the reason JT got in was because of the big plays he made in addition to the sack totals. By that I mean the scoop and scores, ints for TD, etc. Cam Wake has 1 int in his entire career and zero TD's.

JT had 9 TD's and 8 ints.

There are a lot of edge rushers waiting to get in the HOF. Look how long it took Kevin Greene to make it and he has more sacks than JT and was #3 on the all-time list.

Other guys in line....

DeMarcus Ware, Jared Allen, John Abraham, Leslie O'Neil, Robert Mathis, Dwight Freeney, Simeon Rice and even Trace Armstrong has 106 sacks. Not that he will ever make it.

What will Cam need to get in Hall Of Fame?
Tickets

That's really not a far fetched statement lol

I think you meant sacks 139.5.

There was a time when Zach was better than JT.

You have your opinion I have mine.

Just because I said Zach was a playmaker doesn't mean I don't think JT was as well.

I find it flat out disrespectful to say Zach isn't comparable.

Pick which one is Zach and JT..

That's with Ray Lewis taking away accolades (probably the best LBer of the generation)
  • More tackles than any linebacker currently in the Hall of Fame-Zach Thomas

And there was a point in both Ray and Zach's careers the case could have been made that Zach was better. It certainly didn't end that way with Lewis clearly out-pacing Thomas but there was a time it was a coin flip.

If Wake can get to two more Pro Bowls (that would make 7 in 10 years) with a few more All-Pro selections, get to 100 sacks (hes 18.5 away), and get selected to the "NFL 2010's All Decade team", he will draw serious consideration for the HOF.

They should recognize the most dominant defensive player in CFL history.
I love Cam Wake, but let's not get too carried away here. He only played two years in the CFL - they were two really good years, but still.

And even if they recognize those two years, I don't see the HOF in his future. Sadly.

If Wake can get to two more Pro Bowls (that would make 7 in 10 years) with a few more All-Pro selections, get to 100 sacks (hes 18.5 away), and get selected to the "NFL 2010's All Decade team", he will draw serious consideration for the HOF.
All pro is pretty irrelevant now for him though. They changed the all pro to edge rushers which pretty much combines rushing outside linebackers and d ends. Usually an outside linebacker atleast an elite one has the advantage on an elite d end. Like this year Mack and Beasley went 1st team all pro but both especially Beasley blitz standing up while awake plays the more traditional edge rushing d end. All Decade team still does positions and besides Watt, nobody has been even close to as dominate as Wake. One more 10 sack season in the next 3 years pretty much wraps Wake in the All Decade team. Mack being drafted mid Decade hurts him and he would probably need 3 straight 15 sack seasons to really be considered. If Wake gets to 100 sacks in 10 years, he's in.

Back
Top Bottom