What will the Miami Dolphins look like in five years? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will the Miami Dolphins look like in five years?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Using that idea as inspiration, today, we are going to take a look at the Dolphins and come up with five predictions for the future of the franchise - five years from now. How will the Dolphins look?

Adam Gase has succeeded Bill Belichick as the top head coach in the AFC East.

Dolphins defense rivals Killer Bs, No-Name Defense.

Jarvis Landry will be recognized among the great wide receivers in the game.

People have forgotten about Laremy Tunsil’s draft day video.

The Hall of Fame resume of Reshad Jones will be discussed.
http://www.thephinsider.com/2017/5/...vis-landry-adam-gase-five-years-laremy-tunsil

How about adding two Lombardi Trophies? That would be my hope.

Maybe not any Super Bowls yet, but fielding a team strong enough to consistently make a strong push. We will be on the level where Pittsburgh, Seattle, New England,and Green Bay have resided for years. A team other teams hate to see on their schedule

A team that goes deep in the playoffs, and has been going toe to toe with NE since 2018. On the cusp of breaking thru and getting to the SB.

A team with a quarterback that is playing his best football of his career and hopefully enough of a supporting cast to make us perennial contenders

It will depend primarily on what the Dolphins are getting out of the QB position.

Tannehill takes a team friendly deal to retire as a Dolphin after winning 2 Lombardi trophies and hopes to challenge for more. Same year Jay Ajaji retires early due to bilateral knee pain, but he retires with all the Dolphins tailback records. Caroo hopes to make 4 years in a row of 1000 yards receiving with 10+ touch downs :brewskis: (Couldn't resist the last one)

Hopefully we're discussing what we did with the 32nd overall draft pick over the weekend, and I don't mean via trade.

fielding a team strong enough to consistently make a strong push. We will be on the level where Pittsburgh, Seattle, New England,and Green Bay have resided for years. A team other teams hate to see on their schedule

This is the key right here, being able to do this year in and year out...it seems like it's been FOREVER since going into a season I had a realistic expectation of this team being in the mix for the Superbowl at the end (I know some of the more optimistic fans might feel this every year, but I tend to lean towards the more realistic side of predictions).

That said, I'm not sure that this is THE YEAR when they cross that final threshold, but I feel like we're certainly building to it, and I expect this team to be much better than last years - more complete, more experience (especially the coaching staff), and hopefully healthier overall than last year.

Hopefully in 5 years we'll be in throwback uniforms permanently!

Back
Top Bottom