what would it take for Milliner?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by fanfin, Feb 14, 2013.

1. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

as far as trading up, potential destinations for him are Philly#4, Detroit#5, Cleveland #6, Tennessee #10, and Us at #12

2. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

if Philly takes a tackle and Detroit takes a de I would think Cleveland would be the ideal trade partner with them losing their 2nd round pick for Josh Gordon in supplemental draft

3. peakz

peakz Member

I can't see him falling to us, I wish he would but I still quite like Banks at #12. If neither are there then I think we use a 2nd on a CB with Poyer/Trufant if they're there.

4. spiketex

spiketex Kiko, El Bravo 47 - the yappy chihuahua Super Donator Donator

OK, I accept that we may need to give up a 2nd or a 3rd to move up but if Milliner is that good, it may be a consideration. The prospect of the Dolphins moving up in round 1 is a completely different situation that I haven't seen before.
    Who knows, we may even throw Jimmy Wilson or Jonathon Amaya into the deal as a sweetener.

5. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

Trufant is a first round pick, Poyer got arrested so we may take him off our draft board.

6. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

I like Milliner but would not trade up for him....most mocks I have seen have Milliner going between #5-#10, but he could be there at #12.

7. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

Stranger things have happened so it is possible he falls to 12. He's one of the guys I would consider trading up for if he starts dropping a little bit, same with Werner. How do you guys rank Banks and Rhodes? Are those guys good enough to take at #12?

8. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

no, desmond trufant from Washington would be the next cb after Milliner

9. Fin Thirteen

Fin Thirteen FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Milliner is solid but he isn't a playmaker. Great for deflecting passes, lousy for INTs. A very Jeff Ireland pick, if you ask me. I'd prefer to swing for the fences a little on Banks or Poyer, who have a better eye for the ball. I'd consider Milliner at 12, but I wouldn't trade up for him under any circumstances.

10. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

My top-5 CB's right now (in order):

1. Milliner
    2. Rhodes
    3. Alford
    4. Banks
    5. Trufant

(Poyer is 6th)

11. Fin Thirteen

Mine would be something like:

Banks
    Milliner
    Poyer
    Trufant
    Wreh-Wilson

12. j-off-her-doll

I have Banks rated lower, because I don't know that he has the competitive nature that the other guys do. The four other guys in my top-5 are fighters. Banks is there, because he's a ridiculous talent. Dude has KG arms (relative to his height, of course), and he's silky-smooth. If we draft him at 12, I'll be a little nervous. Excited by his talent but nervous.

13. MRojas4

MRojas4 The Cheese Connoisseur Finheaven VIP

There is 5-6 CB's worthy of a 1st/2nd round selection.

14. Fin Thirteen

Interesting take. I'd have said that one of the things I like about Banks is his physicality and competitive nature! He played through an injury this season - to his personal draft stock cost - and is one of the few guys in the draft I'd trust in man coverage to dominate. The beauty of the draft is its subjectivity I guess!

15. j-off-her-doll

I should have been more clear. I like how physical Banks is. In coverage, though, I see him lose when he absolutely should not. There's that thing they say about Jordan - hated losing more than he loved winning. I don't get that from Banks. That's what I meant. Maybe it was due to his injury. I could be seeing an injured guy pushing through - rather than an extremely talented guy coasting at times.

16. justdev7

justdev7 Rookie

I like payer more than truant and Alford. I honesty think he will end up being in the top two CBs in this draft from a production standpoint by the end if their careers. It's pretty hard to say that anyone would be better than Milner.

But to the OP, I still can't justify trading two picks away to draft a CB. We have too many holes to fill.

17. j-off-her-doll

Two things concern me about Poyer:

1. Speed
    2. Size/strength

During Senior Bowl practices, he got rag-dolled when he tried to get physical with Chris Harper. Harper is a big dude, but a lot of NFL WR's are big dudes. And I'm seriously concerned about his speed. Combine will be big for Poyer. I love his quickness, toughness, and instincts.

18. dolfin530

dolfin530 Student of the Game

Milliner is a good CB but not worth trading up for. Honestly I don't think any player this year is worth trading up for, at least from our draft spot.

19. foozool13

foozool13 #12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99 Donator

Millner is as good as prospect as ever. With the right coaching he can be a top 3 or even top 5 CB in a couple years based on his skills and talent. If I knew the outcome is that, then I would 100% trade up and give a 2nd rounder to get him.

20. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

I like him more than Claiborne and Patrick Peterson... He looks like a blend between revis and Sherman.. but a better blitzer and tackler... could also play nickel corner on welker and blitz off the edge similar to Charles Woodson

21. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

Poyer has some very good skills but you're right his long speed may not be very good. He does have a lot of quickness, excellent change of direction, good closing speed and he anticipates routes extremely well. The ball also finds him, he makes plays. He'd be a definite upgrade in the slot over Jimmy Wilson. Wilson, while a good hitter and good on the blitz, has really poor coverage skills.

22. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

23. Geforce

Geforce FinHeaven VIP

I don't think Poyer getting arrested and charged with second-degree criminal trespass will remove him from anyone's draft board.

24. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

this my understanding from senior bowl. great at sitting and breaking on routes. and the tipped ball INT he made in SB shows his ball awareness.

I like all these cb's mentioned but it becomes numbers game and draft boards.

BTW, i have been seeing mocks where qb enters picture with bills and Arizona and then saw Milliner drop past us after we take Patterson. ???

this is why you cant judge first rd players on flashy potential ala ted ginn while a willis is wafting past you.

25. skizzlej

skizzlej Member

It would be the amazing if we could get dee