what would it take for Milliner? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what would it take for Milliner?

fanfin

Active Roster
Reaction score
as far as trading up, potential destinations for him are Philly#4, Detroit#5, Cleveland #6, Tennessee #10, and Us at #12

if Philly takes a tackle and Detroit takes a de I would think Cleveland would be the ideal trade partner with them losing their 2nd round pick for Josh Gordon in supplemental draft

I can't see him falling to us, I wish he would but I still quite like Banks at #12. If neither are there then I think we use a 2nd on a CB with Poyer/Trufant if they're there.

I can't see him falling to us, I wish he would but I still quite like Banks at #12. If neither are there then I think we use a 2nd on a CB with Poyer/Trufant if they're there.
OK, I accept that we may need to give up a 2nd or a 3rd to move up but if Milliner is that good, it may be a consideration. The prospect of the Dolphins moving up in round 1 is a completely different situation that I haven't seen before.
Who knows, we may even throw Jimmy Wilson or Jonathon Amaya into the deal as a sweetener.

Trufant is a first round pick, Poyer got arrested so we may take him off our draft board.

I like Milliner but would not trade up for him....most mocks I have seen have Milliner going between #5-#10, but he could be there at #12.

Stranger things have happened so it is possible he falls to 12. He's one of the guys I would consider trading up for if he starts dropping a little bit, same with Werner. How do you guys rank Banks and Rhodes? Are those guys good enough to take at #12?

Stranger things have happened so it is possible he falls to 12. He's one of the guys I would consider trading up for if he starts dropping a little bit, same with Werner. How do you guys rank Banks and Rhodes? Are those guys good enough to take at #12?

no, desmond trufant from Washington would be the next cb after Milliner

Milliner is solid but he isn't a playmaker. Great for deflecting passes, lousy for INTs. A very Jeff Ireland pick, if you ask me. I'd prefer to swing for the fences a little on Banks or Poyer, who have a better eye for the ball. I'd consider Milliner at 12, but I wouldn't trade up for him under any circumstances.

Mine would be something like:

Banks
Milliner
Poyer
Trufant
Wreh-Wilson

Mine would be something like:

Banks
Milliner
Poyer
Trufant
Wreh-Wilson

I have Banks rated lower, because I don't know that he has the competitive nature that the other guys do. The four other guys in my top-5 are fighters. Banks is there, because he's a ridiculous talent. Dude has KG arms (relative to his height, of course), and he's silky-smooth. If we draft him at 12, I'll be a little nervous. Excited by his talent but nervous.

There is 5-6 CB's worthy of a 1st/2nd round selection.

Interesting take. I'd have said that one of the things I like about Banks is his physicality and competitive nature! He played through an injury this season - to his personal draft stock cost - and is one of the few guys in the draft I'd trust in man coverage to dominate. The beauty of the draft is its subjectivity I guess!

Interesting take. I'd have said that one of the things I like about Banks is his physicality and competitive nature! He played through an injury this season - to his personal draft stock cost - and is one of the few guys in the draft I'd trust in man coverage to dominate. The beauty of the draft is its subjectivity I guess!

I should have been more clear. I like how physical Banks is. In coverage, though, I see him lose when he absolutely should not. There's that thing they say about Jordan - hated losing more than he loved winning. I don't get that from Banks. That's what I meant. Maybe it was due to his injury. I could be seeing an injured guy pushing through - rather than an extremely talented guy coasting at times.

Back
Top Bottom