What would the Dolphins top prospects be, in order? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would the Dolphins top prospects be, in order?

circumstances

Parge Lenis
Club Member
Reaction score
Every year I like to get inside the head of the FO and make my own list of who the Dolphins would pick if they had their choice of any player, in order. So how do you think their list would look?

Would it go:

1. Dion Jordan
2. Eric Fisher
3. Luke Joeckel
4. Dee Milliner

etc. ?

Not who the top prospects are, but who the Dolphins would select, in order. What do you think?

That's a pretty good list. I think Miami's top 10 might look like this:

1. Jordan -- I agree with you there. Potentially a 10 sack a year guy.
2. Joeckel -- They know him better than Fisher.
3. Milliner -- Teams have to like his physical presence in the secondary.
4. Fisher & Johnson -- Tremendous upside for both
5. Ansah -- Got to love his work ethic, talent and how far he's come in a short time.
6. Cooper -- Perfect fit for Miami's offense
7. Star L. -- Maybe the best defensive player in the draft
8. Vaccaro -- I don't think it's a smokescreen that Miami has shown interest. Good matchup vs. tight ends (ie New England)
9. Richardson -- Starks and Solai are signed for one more year. Ireland knows the importance of a strong defensive line.
10. Austin -- Could be biggest playmaker in draft and Miami still needs more talent at wide receiver.

i would have to believe that one or more of those players will be available at #12.

i'm no expert, but here is some of the chatter i've heard regarding some of the players you mentioned and the dolphins' interest.

they like vaccaro but feel he is a reach at 12.

ansah has too short of a track record for ireland's level of comfort selecting him at 12.

austin is too far from prototype size, and the team may think he won't hold up to nfl pounding, thereby making him a reach at 12.

with starks, soliai, odrick and now vaughan martin, ireland would have to be in love with any DT to even consider taking them at 12. sharif floyd, star L might be candidates, i don't know if richardson would be.

as of today i'm still thinking:

1. Dion Jordan
2. Eric Fisher
3. Luke Joeckel
4. Dee Milliner
5. Lane Johnson
6. Sharif Floyd
7. Jonathan Cooper
8. Star L

after those eight it gets hazy. are the next prospects Austin, Eifert, Richardson, Rhodes, Trufant? And in what order does the front office rank them?

just felt like bumping this thread back to the top, since the dolphins went ahead and drafted the guy i predicted they wanted most in this draft.

Back
Top Bottom