What would you like to see on Finheaven? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would you like to see on Finheaven?

I would like to see the front page back again.

Another cool feature would be some sort of breaking news alert. Something sent out to your email address on file, or a text message. This would be for those of us that can't be on or get on finheaven (when it gets crazy).

Lastly, links to dolphin clothing/memorbilia deals etc... would be cool as well since most of us on here probably continuosly are looking for more phins gear.

Thanks and good luck

Less heavy handed censorship. I've seen MOD's and ADMIN's delete signatures, threads, posts, articles, etc. on the simple fact that they didn't like them. In fact I've had a MOD delete portions of my signature on the fact that they didn't like the statement of humor. It did NOT violate any portion of the TOS. Yet they used their personal judgment of dislike to decide what was allowed or not. That my friends is dictatorship and censorship per some common definitions.
If this is a community board, then MOD's and ADMIN's should not be allowed to use their "taste" of like or dislike as a measure. Only the TOS should apply.

Also, seeing AJ come back would be a blessing in disguise. He's just so dang cute, makes me want to squeeze his cheeks.

And also, I'd like to see EVERYONE on FinHeaven regain their sense of humor. Sheesh....its a message forum and its the internet. None of it can you hold on to. Its all in our imaginations. :D Just like the voices talking to me.....something about albino midgets with honey and marshmellows...or something like that.

myself I like the idea of the depths, and who wouldn't like girls in bikinis on trampolines? maybe some user out there can find us a .gif and it can be a new smilie? Keep the ideas coming guys.

I want the front page to come back, complete with articles and breaking news segments.

Some Dolphin related shopping links would be good also.

I totally agree...what happened to it?

I dont see anything new either...I mean, when it came back it was the same forum it always was. the front page was almost the best part of this site. if I didnt have time to read all the threads on a certain day I would know if there was anything big going on by just taking a second and checking the front page. then I could discuss it by clicking the link without having to sift through other threads, etc.

the breaking news and all was awesome. did you guys lose the staff or something that were controlling that page?

Less heavy handed censorship. I've seen MOD's and ADMIN's delete signatures, threads, posts, articles, etc. on the simple fact that they didn't like them. In fact I've had a MOD delete portions of my signature on the fact that they didn't like the statement of humor. It did NOT violate any portion of the TOS. Yet they used their personal judgment of dislike to decide what was allowed or not. That my friends is dictatorship and censorship per some common definitions.
If this is a community board, then MOD's and ADMIN's should not be allowed to use their "taste" of like or dislike as a measure. Only the TOS should apply.

Also, seeing AJ come back would be a blessing in disguise. He's just so dang cute, makes me want to squeeze his cheeks.

And also, I'd like to see EVERYONE on FinHeaven regain their sense of humor. Sheesh....its a message forum and its the internet. None of it can you hold on to. Its all in our imaginations. :D Just like the voices talking to me.....something about albino midgets with honey and marshmellows...or something like that.

I agree with this too. While its important to keep foul language and assaults out of these forums. I have had personal experience with getting infractions for saying someone was "Narrow minded" ...another time that if this particular person thought Zach would choose the Patriots over the Cowboys/Saints then hes "ignorant" - these are general statements and hypotheticals that could apply to anyone who believes in the same thing. I've seen far worse on these forums on a weekly basis and it upsets me when I receive infractions on a site i have been a part of for 5 years. Cant we voice our opinion as long as its not derogatory, racist, insulting? Saying someone is ignorant to a subject, IMO is not a violation to TOS, or "NARROW MINDED" especially

The justification I received was that all MOD's volunteer their time and shouldnt have to deal with these kind of statements. I say...if they are part of the problem which this guy was, instigating it, and acting like their on some kind of high horse, the kind of statement I made shouldnt be a problem.

I suggest the TOS be re-written as one of the MOD's told me it would be. Maybe that would save them all a lot of time. I would abide by it, I just want to see it address more than simple generalizations.

whatever...i've said my 2 pieces.

it seems all anyone is interested in discussing here is girls on trampolines...:(

I'll say it right now - I miss the old finheaven. apparently it had a lot to do with AJ, I didnt know he was so busy and not around to run things anymore.

Guys...AJ is back! He rejoined us this past Friday and has been working with me to bring back the things listed here. He was first on the list when I decided what I wanted this to be in the future.

So look for him!

This is a football board. Keep it a football board!

We are here for a reason.

Plenty of sites to add friends and be social. Keep that where it belongs.

Honestly I just want football stuff.

A big front page with a lot of content packaged within.

First, thanks Fang for posting my suggestion of sneak peaking the VIP forum. I think its a valid point that if VIP is all the members make it out to be, then let non VIPs check out a few threads at no cost. If they enjoy they will pay. Its really that simple. If something is all its cracked up to be(especially the way some of the members pumped up the VIP on the main board) then a small sample will be enough to open the wallets. Do it the same way you can view threads on the main board without logging in or signing up.

I agree with Icestorm as well. This place needs to be a little more open minded when it comes to humor within posts. Also I think alot of the problem of hostility around here will solve itself with a certain semi group of a larger group of members who have left for brown pastiers. This place needs to loosen up a little, but also keep its integrity at the same time. Also nothing wrong with a hot debate so long as everyone understands that we are all on the same side when it comes down to it. Scrums in training camp can be a good thing in some cases :lol: I think that problem may have solved itself as well with some of the departures.

Fang also brings up an excellent point about this being a football board. I wouldnt mind seeing things like the lounge dissapear. Seems to me like a place where cliques can develope and take away from the fact that what brings us here in the first place is we are all phins brotherhood.

Lastly, I wouldnt mind seeing some more appearel and things available based on points awarded for frequent posts and things. Some prizes, tickets, events etc... I remember finding out about this place in Canton during the Marino weekend and asking somewhere where they got that shirt that I wanted so badly.

First, thanks Fang for posting my suggestion of sneak peaking the VIP forum. I think its a valid point that if VIP is all the members make it out to be, then let non VIPs check out a few threads at no cost. If they enjoy they will pay. Its really that simple. If something is all its cracked up to be(especially the way some of the members pumped up the VIP on the main board) then a small sample will be enough to open the wallets. Do it the same way you can view threads on the main board without logging in or signing up.

I agree with Icestorm as well. This place needs to be a little more open minded when it comes to humor within posts. Also I think alot of the problem of hostility around here will solve itself with a certain semi group of a larger group of members who have left for brown pastiers. This place needs to loosen up a little, but also keep its integrity at the same time. Also nothing wrong with a hot debate so long as everyone understands that we are all on the same side when it comes down to it. Scrums in training camp can be a good thing in some cases :lol: I think that problem may have solved itself as well with some of the departures.

Fang also brings up an excellent point about this being a football board. I wouldnt mind seeing things like the lounge dissapear. Seems to me like a place where cliques can develope and take away from the fact that what brings us here in the first place is we are all phins brotherhood.

Lastly, I wouldnt mind seeing some more appearel and things available based on points awarded for frequent posts and things. Some prizes, tickets, events etc... I remember finding out about this place in Canton during the Marino weekend and asking somewhere where they got that shirt that I wanted so badly.

Agree 1,000 % on the VIP sneak peek. I'm a bit of a minimalist myself, and when I spend money I want to be sure it's going to bring me value. I hate to be blunt but that's just the way it is. If I could take a peek at it, either a couple of threads or a weekend trial offer then I would be able to make an informed decision.

Back
Top Bottom