what would you think of this potential offseason... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what would you think of this potential offseason...

fanfin

Active Roster
Reaction score
without numbers or specifics
resign

Hartline
Jake
Starks
Clemons

Sign
Greg Jennings
Dustin Keller
Keenan Lewis
Chris Ivory

Draft
1 Chance Warmack G Alabama
2 Tavon Austin WR WVU
2 Brandon Jenkins DE FSU
3 Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M
3 Darius Slay CB Mississippi State
4-7 BPA

for my 300th post since only December, I will post the depth chart for the prospective roster ^^^
QB Tannehill/ Devlin (if he beats out veteran qb or draft pick)
RB Miller/ Ivory/ Thomas/ Thigpen
FB Lane/ Clay
WR Greg/ Hartline/ Austin/ Bess/ Binns
TE Keller/ Clay / Mastrud or Egnew?
LT Long
LG Incognito
C Pouncey
RG Warmack
RT Martin
*utility OL John Jerry

LE Jenkins/ Odrick
DT Starks/ Odrick/ Randall
NT Solaia/ Randall/ draft pick
RE Wake/ Vernon
SLB Misi/ Trusnik
MLB Dansby/ Spitler
WLB Burnett/ Porter
CB Lewis/ Marshall/ Patterson/ Slay/ Carroll
FS Clemons/ Wilson or draft pick
SS Jones/ Wilson or draft pick
K Carpenter or draft choice like FSU's Dustin Hopkins or UF's Calber Sturgis
P Fields
LS Denney :)
KR/PR Thigpen/ Austin

without numbers or specifics
resign

Hartline
Jake
Starks
Clemons

Sign
Greg Jennings
Dustin Keller
Keenan Lewis
Chris Ivory

Draft
1 Chance Warmack G Alabama
2 Tavon Austin WR WVU
2 Brandon Jenkins DE FSU
3 Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M
3 Darius Slay CB Mississippi State
4-7 BPA

I like it. But if we lose Bush (I hope he stays) we'll probably have to draft another RB. I like that Austin and give up Montgomery for Jenkins idea too. But if we lose out on Austin going 1st round, I'd settle for a Montgomery in the 2nd and grab Goodwin in the 3rd. But I've sold out to the Mike Wallace bandwagon and hopped off the Jennings train. :D

how can we draft chance warmack and keenan lewis with the 12th pick?

Overpay for Long AND draft a guard in the first round? No thanks.

Would you rather have Long + Hartline or Wallace + slightly lesser LT. Same money.

We would have the highest drafted LT, guard and center on our o-line, gotta be worth at least 14-2.

we filled all our needs so why not draft Warmack #12 overall, the safest and highest rated player in the draft....... at WR we have Greg Hartline Tavon Austin and Bess.. Keller TE.... and Keenan Lewis, Richard Marshall, Dmitri Patterson, 3rd round corner Darius Slay, and Nolan Caroll at CB.......Keenan Lewis is a free agent CB for the Steelers...you may be thinking of Keenan Allen WR of Cal...... and to say high round OL don't pan out is simply ignorant. SF has 3 first round offensive lineman, Goodwin was a high priced FA as well...... Baltimore has 2 first round tackles, Osemele was a 2nd round pick... Matt Birk was a high priced FA and Yanda signed a 5 year 32 million dollar deal a few years ago...............yeah spending money and high round draft choices on OL doesn't work..... IT ONLY GETS YOU TO THE SUPER BOWL.......

for my 300th post since only December, I will post the depth chart for the prospective roster ^^^
QB Tannehill/ Devlin (if he beats out veteran qb or draft pick)
RB Miller/ Ivory/ Thomas/ Thigpen
FB Lane/ Clay
WR Greg/ Hartline/ Austin/ Bess/ Binns
TE Keller/ Clay / Mastrud or Egnew?
LT Long
LG Incognito
C Pouncey
RG Warmack
RT Martin
*utility OL John Jerry

LE Jenkins/ Odrick
DT Starks/ Odrick/ Randall
NT Solaia/ Randall/ draft pick
RE Wake/ Vernon
SLB Misi/ Trusnik
MLB Dansby/ Spitler
WLB Burnett/ Porter
CB Lewis/ Marshall/ Patterson/ Slay/ Carroll
FS Clemons/ Wilson or draft pick
SS Jones/ Wilson or draft pick
K Carpenter or draft choice like FSU's Dustin Hopkins or UF's Calber Sturgis
P Fields
LS Denney :)
KR/PR Thigpen/ Austin

You forgot to mention you'd re-sign Long, and Chance Warmack supposedly doesn't fit our scheme. But I love Tavon Austin and Chris Ivory and probably could come to love Dustin Keller once i get over my abject hate for him lol

You also forgot Rishard Matthews. He's light years above Ted Binns.

I did mention I would re-sign him I just put Jake instead of JAKE LONG

we filled all our needs so why not draft Warmack #12 overall, the safest ...

Stopped reading. The "safe" pick is what garbage teams do to remain garbage teams. And "best" player is extremely subjective. I'll take a good WR, CB, pass rusher, etc. over, say, the best Guard in the past decade any day of the week. And I'll win.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

then why did Armon Binns get PT over Matthews despite being brand new to the team?

Experience. Matthews is still raw. Not Clyde "Garbage Time" Gates raw, but raw.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

I did mention I would re-sign him I just put Jake instead of JAKE LONG

I'm all for resigning him, for what he's worth of course. What's a broken down, good for maybe 7 games, Boselli 2.0 going for these days? Remember when he was the "safe" pick? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom