What's more important? Think about it? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's more important? Think about it?

FINishedPerfect

Scout Team
Reaction score
I hear everyone here so excited about potential linebackers who will be free agents (Dansby, Scott) but you have to really think about it. I believe that running backs and linebackers are the easiest positions to fill. Look at the abundance of quality players in the league at those positions. However, how many dominate defensive linemen are there in the NFL especially at the defensive tackle position. Maybe 5, great one who are still in there prime and how often to those players ever become available. Not sure if you remember a few years ago with the Ravens when Ray Lewis who is as great a linebacker that has ever played couldn't get off his blocks because of no inside presence. Lewis pleaded with management and in the media to draft a defensive tackle that year in the draft and they complied i.e. Ngata. If we are going to invest a boat load of money on a player why not invest in a beast like Haynesworth, look what he did for the rest of the Titans defense. It is obvious that he made there mediocre linebackers better. Don't argue with me about Keith Bullock because he is not in his prime anymore and I can name about least 20 linebackers in the league that are better and in their prime than anyone on that team as I am sure that you can too. Some positions aren't sexy, but look how Jake Long turned out for us this year. No knock on Ferguson he played his tail off for us this year but he is old and we can't possibly think Solai is the answer so whether you agree with me or not it is simple name me who the top 5 dominate defensive tackles are in the NFL.

Not in any order

1. Ngata
2. Haynesworth (unrestricted free agent)
3. Pat/Kevin Williams
4. Vince Wilfork
5. Tommie Harris/ Jamaal Williams (when healthy)

This list gets pretty bleak after those names.

Give up the haynesworth thing....I seriously doubt he would ever want to be a 3-4 NT. They money he would demand would be insane for the stats that NT's produce.

I hear everyone here so excited about potential linebackers who will be free agents (Dansby, Scott) but you have to really think about it. I believe that running backs and linebackers are the easiest positions to fill. Look at the abundance of quality players in the league at those positions. However, how many dominate defensive linemen are there in the NFL especially at the defensive tackle position. Maybe 5, great one who are still in there prime and how often to those players ever become available. Not sure if you remember a few years ago with the Ravens when Ray Lewis who is as great a linebacker that has ever played couldn't get off his blocks because of no inside presence. Lewis pleaded with management and in the media to draft a defensive tackle that year in the draft and they complied i.e. Ngata. If we are going to invest a boat load of money on a player why not invest in a beast like Haynesworth, look what he did for the rest of the Titans defense. It is obvious that he made there mediocre linebackers better. Don't argue with me about Keith Bullock because he is not in his prime anymore and I can name about least 20 linebackers in the league that are better and in their prime than anyone on that team as I am sure that you can too. Some positions aren't sexy, but look how Jake Long turned out for us this year. No knock on Ferguson he played his tail off for us this year but he is old and we can't possibly think Solai is the answer so whether you agree with me or not it is simple name me who the top 5 dominate defensive tackles are in the NFL.

Not in any order

1. Ngata
2. Haynesworth (unrestricted free agent)
3. Pat/Kevin Williams
4. Vince Wilfork
5. Tommie Harris/ Jamaal Williams (when healthy)

This list gets pretty bleak after those names.

I couldn't agree with you more, apparently the Titans and Haynesworth are far apart in contract talks. He would be my #1 offseason want and I'd rather give him a huge contract then Scott or Dansby.

Back
Top Bottom