whats our backup plan at LT? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

whats our backup plan at LT?

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I hate to b a Debbie downer but what if Martin does not fit the bill at LT what will be the backup plan?i do think Martin did good in his first year when he was forced into the spot.there were times he was probably not the best answer but we had no one to step in.im not sure who on this roster could do the job:err:

I hate to b a Debbie downer but what if Martin does not fit the bill at LT what will be the backup plan?i do think Martin did good in his first year when he was forced into the spot.there were times he was probably not the best answer but we had no one to step in.im not sure who on this roster could do the job:err:

hey bro he wasnt forced into the LT poss because he played LT in college , thats who blocked for Luck in college and Martin played LT (left tackle) so its not a poss that he is going to play that he hasnt played before because he has and he did a very good job at it Luck was the #1 pick in the draft last year , and he wouldnt have been if he hadnt had success ,and i think Martin will do a great job for us at LT.

Do you mean if he goes down or doesn't perform? If he goes down - one of our backups. If he doesn't perform then we enter next offseason begrudgingly looking for a FA or draft pick to fill the need. Lets hope he plays well.

like I said I think he did a good job when Long went down.my question would be why all the talk about bringing in a FA LT via trade or FA if we already have Martin ready to take over.i know he played LT in school but this is not school.he did play darn good at times and held his own but there were times when I had to look the other way when he got bull rushed and nocked down by a blitzing CB.maybe he got flat footed or just missed judged but that was ugly

I have my money on John Jerry as our back up LT! I not a believer of Martin as our LT. He's too weak and is a Ivy league boy, that I could put on his butt with a bull rush! I need to go to Church and pray that Martin ate some magical foods to make him no a Pus!

It would probably come down to a committee approach (with whomever fills in the best keeping the job for the rest of the season), and then probably another high round pick in next year's draft

I have my money on John Jerry as our back up LT! I not a believer of Martin as our LT. He's too weak and is a Ivy league boy, that I could put on his butt with a bull rush! I need to go to Church and pray that Martin ate some magical foods to make him no a Pus!

Stanford is not a Ivey league school, but I get what you are saying and will agree Jerry is one of the options at LT. I think Thomas will get a shot before Jerry, but Jerry would not surprise me over there.

Personally I am more worried about injuries than Martin not working out, an injury at either tackle spot will hurts us bad. The thing we have to have a positive attitude about is that this is a different coaching staff. These guys can take average players and make them much better. I think what they saw in Martin, they will show us on the field this year. Or at least that is what I am hoping for.

like I said I think he did a good job when Long went down.my question would be why all the talk about bringing in a FA LT via trade or FA if we already have Martin ready to take over.i know he played LT in school but this is not school.he did play darn good at times and held his own but there were times when I had to look the other way when he got bull rushed and nocked down by a blitzing CB.maybe he got flat footed or just missed judged but that was ugly

The OVERWHELMING majority of the talk was by media "experts" and fans. Ireland kicked the tires on potential FA's, and even made an offer to Jake - but that was it. I'm sure his thinking was along the lines of, "if I can get A for this price I'll take it, if not we'll roll with what we've already got"

As it turns out, we couldn't get A (Long) or B (Albert) for what we were willing to pay, so we're rolling with what we've already got.

ideally dallas thomas would be able to step in, but as a rookie he is an unknown quantity at this point. john jerry did a good job filling in for jake in 2011. he would likely be up first. after that, good luck. i've seen nate garner at left tackle and it was not nfl caliber (not that a player can't improve, i just haven't seen it out of him).

Back
Top Bottom