Whats The cap at in 2006 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats The cap at in 2006

dominizzo

CAMERON EARTH WAKE
Reaction score
with all the possible cuts and trades are we under 20 million, i know for a fact the browns will be under 30 million, theismann said it on SNF!!! Id like to know please, thank you for your cooperation

imo after we cut some bums and get some contracts restructured we will be 30 mill under also!!

nolefin said:
imo after we cut some bums and get some contracts restructured we will be 30 mill under also!!

i hope we need some Defenders in here esp that weak secondary i miss the years of Surtain mad marion and than the years of Jb brown troy vincent t buckley

You think I know

:jk:

Right now, I have ya about $5 million under an estimated cap of $90 million

Far too early to make any further judgements

Clumpy said:
You think I know

:jk:

Right now, I have ya about $5 million under an estimated cap of $90 million

Far too early to make any further judgements
That is without the definite Howard cut, correct?

Nublar7 said:

Among others Nub, don't be surprised to see a major overhaul.. Add Seau to the not coming back at that price next year list..

Nublar7 said:

Actually, put the brakes on the R.Howard gets cut idea. I was taking a look at Howard's contract and I realized that he was signed up till 2009! If that is correct, then cutting him may actually be a bigger hit than keeping him or asking him to re-structure. I know that if we keep him that is a cap hit of $3 million this year which is a combination of salary and bonuses. If we cut him before June 1st, we would not owe him the $1 million per year salary but we would owe him ALL OF THE REMAINING BONUSES through 2009! That is 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009! Just this year's bonuses alone are $2 million! If it is anything like that for the remaining years...we will cost us $8 million to cut before June 1st and probably $4 million after June 1st. So, it looks like we are not cutting him...we are probably going to ask him to re-structure and keep him as the 5th CB behind our New Free Agent, W.Poole, T.Daniels, and S.Mitchell. If he re-structures then he will save us. But if he doesn't...we are fked!!! S.Madison will be cut or traded probably after June 1st as he would only count as a little under $3 million instead of a little over $6 million if we keep him.

Divine said:
Actually, put the brakes on the R.Howard gets cut idea. I was taking a look at Howard's contract and I realized that he was signed up till 2009! If that is correct, then cutting him may actually be a bigger hit than keeping him or asking him to re-structure. I know that if we keep him that is a cap hit of $3 million this year which is a combination of salary and bonuses. If we cut him before June 1st, we would not owe him the $1 million per year salary but we would owe him ALL OF THE REMAINING BONUSES through 2009! That is 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009! Just this year's bonuses alone are $2 million! If it is anything like that for the remaining years...we will cost us $8 million to cut before June 1st and probably $4 million after June 1st. So, it looks like we are not cutting him...we are probably going to ask him to re-structure and keep him as the 5th CB behind our New Free Agent, W.Poole, T.Daniels, and S.Mitchell. If he re-structures then he will save us. But if he doesn't...we are fked!!! S.Madison will be cut or traded probably after June 1st as he would only count as a little under $3 million instead of a little over $6 million if we keep him.

He isnt going to restructure. Since you looked at his salary, do you see what his contract escalates to? :lol: There is no way we are paying our 4th CB that much money. We should just suck up the dead cap hit on Howard and cut him.

Why would Reggie restructure?

We are going to cut him.

Philter25 said:
He isnt going to restructure. Since you looked at his salary, do you see what his contract escalates to? :lol: There is no way we are paying our 4th CB that much money. We should just suck up the dead cap hit on Howard and cut him.

Why would Reggie restructure?

We are going to cut him.

I hope

Nate Clements, Charles Woodson, Ricky Manning, Jerry Azumah, Will Allen, Adam Archuleta, Corey Chavous, Tank Williams, Lance Schulters, and Will Demps are notable free agents in the secondary.

Marino's Mayhem said:
Nate Clements, Charles Woodson, Ricky Manning, Jerry Azumah, Will Allen, Adam Archuleta, Corey Chavous, Tank Williams, Lance Schulters, and Will Demps are notable free agents in the secondary.

Nate Clements Ricky Manning Lance Schulters I would like those three added to the secondary if we can or even resign Schulters and get 1 of the 2 others.

Back
Top Bottom