What's the plan for Right Tackle? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's the plan for Right Tackle?

thaemcee2

B.A.M.F. 0321
Reaction score
I know most reports say we are not honoring James' 5th year option at 9.34 million...while he wasn't great, he certainly wasn't bad either..obviously he was out for the last several games, but I am not so happy about letting all our homegrown talent walk away without a solid replacement in place...IE Landry (still hoping we keep him somehow)...so, if we let James walk, who is our RT? its bad enough we already need at least another starter at Guard....if we need another RT, thats just more $ spent in FA that we dont have much of at this moment, or more picks spent at the position instead of OG,TE, LB....not saying we should pay him the 9.34 but try to keep him at a reasonable rate....or maybe we are gonna honor it and then just trade him? maybe I am crazy I dunno

I thought we canceled the fifth year option? If not I'm happy to have him one more year so we dont have to address it now.

We are expected to rescind the James 5th yr and the frontrunner would-be Davis I would assume.

I'm curious what the plan is for this position as well. Can Jesse Davis really play it? Do they just figure, well he's a good player so I'm sure he can play this particular spot?

I'd throw Davis in at RT for a fraction of the cost, move Larsen to RG where is better, and draft/sign a good LG. I'd also be open to drafting a potential C as Pouncey's replacement down the road.

i'm as big of a Ja'Wuan James fan as there is, as he consistently proves he is the most consistent and above average lineman we have, that said he has missed significant time two of the last three seasons. honestly he can't be trusted to complete the season and is not worth the $9m owed to him. i am fine with bringing him back but only if it is with a team friendly deal that protects us in the likelihood he will miss time again with injury.

Hate to keep adding holes...Hope we can keep him for now...

I don't think James will be back. Gase didn't speak very highly of him when asked to evaluate his performance during the season. We are letting a lot of home grown talent walk away. Though James has had two seasons where he didn't stay healthy. I just want this line fixed for good,

Morgan Moses got like $8 million a year so it's going to be hard to get Ja'Wuan James back here for less than that.

Might only be able to afford it if they make a "Mike Pouncey or Ja'Wuan James" decision.

If Landry walks you almost have to let James walk too unless you sign him long term. If both walk this yr we won't be active in FA to assure us the comp picks. CANT let one walk this year and the other next year. But with the Bum running this show that's what will prob happen

I’d prefer to keep Davis at RG. I’m curious what the teams thoughts are on Sam Young at RT. He seemed to play well but our line breakdowns came on stunts from the right side later in the year . I think that’s an issue that would be fixed with an off-season of work from Davis and Young

Morgan Moses got like $8 million a year so it's going to be hard to get Ja'Wuan James back here for less than that.

Might only be able to afford it if they make a "Mike Pouncey or Ja'Wuan James" decision.

Well they "love" Pouncey and can't stop talking about that fact so... I worry about James health somewhat also but not sure what else the plan is there besides a Davis-maybe they try to just extend James but its a risk somewhat so guess they have to weigh that...

Back
Top Bottom