What's this on Carey possibly not starting? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's this on Carey possibly not starting?

PhinFan54

Baller
Reaction score
I dont live in florida or anything so i dont read these things in the newspaper, but whats this i keep hearing about Carey maybe not starting.. i thought he pretty much had it locked up as the starter. is he just not learning the offense quickly or what.. who could beat him out for it?

i guess it just he hasnt got the offense down yet or something i seriously dont know

From what I've read so far, he hasn't been terribly impressive in camp. There's still plenty of time for him to win the job at RT. He could start at RG without a problem, but the coaching staff wants him to develop as a tackle, not a guard, which is probably the right move, since a good tackle is always more valuable than a good guard.
I also think they want to reinforce to him that nothing comes easily, and make him work to win the RT job. This, too, is the right move. So if you ask me, the coaching staff is handling him quite well.

Carey never had the starting R Tackle position locked up. A lot of fans have annointed him the starter, but the coaches have said from day one that the starter was St Clair and that it may take Carey a year to work into the starting lineup.

Everyone is always looking forward to the draft. Who will you team take? What trades are happening? The way I look at the draft is who will the Phins pick that will will help them down the road. It is so difficult for any draft pick, including the players picked in the 1st round, to actually contribute let alone start in their first year. As much as we would all like Carey to start if he isn't ready why push him into the lineup. Just because he doesn't start the first few game or in his first year doesn't mean he is a bust. As everyone knows playing in the NFL and dominating in college is two different things. Training camp isn't even half way over, let him get some game experience and see how he does.

everyone should know by now Wanny doesn't start rookies unless he has to. That became painfully obvious when he refused to put JR Tolver in last year. Wade Smith played because of Dixon's injuries, and I believe same for RMac(not sure though). Chambers might have gotten in because of injuries too, but he was just too good in pre-season.

Back
Top Bottom