Whats wrong with this defense? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats wrong with this defense?

Notso

Active Roster
Reaction score
I see a lot of hate here for sherman and the offense, well warranted. But what is wrong with this defense? It continuously gets pounded up the gut, with on paper, arguably the best front 4 in football with great depth. Our LB's arn't slouches either, talent in the secondary. It continues to under perform week after week. Can't count on them to make a stop against anybody. Unacceptable, call me crazy, but I see Coyle as a bigger problem here than sherman

The defense is built to stop the pass and does a good job of that. It isn't built to stop the run. Consequently the Dolphins' offense needs to get out to big leads and one-dimensionalize the opposing offense, which it cannot do at this point.

I'm sorry. Don't say a damn word about the defense. This was all on the ineptitude of the offense.

Our LBs blow and our secondary is very overrated.

That said, even though the dfefense didn't play well today, it wasn't the problem.

Having said that, much is to be desired with Ellerbe and Wheeler. MUCH! Keuchly single handily had a better game than all 3 of the dolphins lbers today.

Miami offense scored ZERO points. ZERO. This is astoundingly bad.

Miami defense gave up 19 points. This is unremarkable.

You can't win games when your offense scores ZERO points.

Lack of consistent playmakers, which could really be said about this team as a whole.

I'm sorry. Don't say a damn word about the defense. This was all on the ineptitude of the offense.

The offense was clearly inept....but a defense that gives up a 19 play, 10 minute, 90 yard drive, featuring 14 running plays...covering parts of the 3rd & 4th quarters....deserves more than its share of ridicule.

Sorry, but our LB's are slouches...and our safeties are nothing special. Jones got his payday at it looks like he is taking the next few years off until the next contract year.

Olivier Vernon and Wheeler can't stop the run. Wheeler can't do jack in pass coverage either. Ellerbe takes bad angles and is out of position too much. Koa Misi never makes any big plays and is just an average guy. Grimes is the only good thing in our secondary, everyone else is replaceable. Pretty much sums up an ordinary defense.

Our pass D is not good...they are exposed frequently on third downs and when it counts. We barely sniff opposing QBs on blitzes from backers and rarely get a hard push up the middle in big spots. I think our D is very average, need much improvement for 2014.

By the way...it will probably get worse next year. We will lose Starks and I would doubt Grimes too (Ireland is too cheap to pay him what he's worth...)

Watch Wheeler play. He just pisses me off when I watch him. The guy looks like he's 225 pounds at best. He can't hit anyone and doesn't act like he even knows how to tackle physically. He gets bulldozed to the ground all the time in the running game. When he covers a Tight End, forget it. The Tight End will beat Wheeler up and then steal his lunch money. I hope he gets cut. He's EASILY replaceable.

Back
Top Bottom