When is a win worse than a loss? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When is a win worse than a loss?

TexPhinPhan

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Who drops further, or not at all, in the Polls, UT or FSU.

Obviously UT drops with the loss to OSU, but does FSU get hurt by the less than stellar game against Troy. Does FSU drop in the polls? How far? I did not see the FSU game, just the updates during the UT game, but it could not have been pretty.

Personally, I will take a crappy win over a loss any day, but who knows about those voters.

Hookem.

TexPhinPhan said:
Who drops further, or not at all, in the Polls, UT or FSU.

Obviously UT drops with the loss to OSU, but does FSU get hurt by the less than stellar game against Troy. Does FSU drop in the polls? How far? I did not see the FSU game, just the updates during the UT game, but it could not have been pretty.

Personally, I will take a crappy win over a loss any day, but who knows about those voters.

Hookem.

personally, i could careless what the voters think in week 2. obviously if FSU is 9-0 and UT is 8-1 in week 9, they will have it right by then.

Nappy Roots said:
personally, i could careless what the voters think in week 2. obviously if FSU is 9-0 and UT is 8-1 in week 9, they will have it right by then.

First off, a little touchy there?

Secondly, and unfortunatly, with the system we have now, I am not convinced that where you are ranked in the 2nd week of the season is inconsequential. Lets say UT stays ranked above FSU in week 2 and then runs the table (cough cough) and FSU also runs the table, It has been my impression that it gets progressively harder to jump over someone in the rankings as the year goes on.

Just idle speculation on my part.

A win is a win....however some schools with histories (FSU, Oklahoma, Texas etc.) there are alot of expectations and the voters expect us to kill teams by 30 plus. That does not always happen

We beat UAB by 7 and dropped 5 spots in each poll

We beat Washington by 17 (shoulda been 24 cause they scored a bogus Td at the end when we played soft prevent D with 2nd stringers but thats just me) and I guarantee you we will drop a couple in the polls

Well, we didn't drop in the polls, still # 9. So I'll take it!!!! We really need to solidify ourselves next week vs. Clemson.

TexPhinPhan said:

Secondly, and unfortunatly, with the system we have now, I am not convinced that where you are ranked in the 2nd week of the season is inconsequential. Lets say UT stays ranked above FSU in week 2 and then runs the table (cough cough) and FSU also runs the table, It has been my impression that it gets progressively harder to jump over someone in the rankings as the year goes on.

Nah he isnt touchy, I dont even think he is an FSU fan :confused: I thought he lost a bet or something

Either way I'll take the win over the loss, because if your undefeated and a big time school you will probally be in the national championship if the other teams all lose 1

TexPhinPhan said:

what the hell? how the hell am i touchy? i said personally i could careless. its not touchy, its the truth.

DonShula84 said:
wow FSU only dropped to 10 in the USA Today Poll and stayed 9 in the AP. Makes no sense at all

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

makes no sense? what team behind us has shown anything either? much less beat a top 15 team in the nation already?

Alex44 said:
Nah he isnt touchy, I dont even think he is an FSU fan :confused: I thought he lost a bet or something

Either way I'll take the win over the loss, because if your undefeated and a big time school you will probally be in the national championship if the other teams all lose 1

haha, no i am a FSU fan.

makes no sense? what team behind us has shown anything either? much less beat a top 15 team in the nation already?

Good point. I was just thinking ND and OU barelly beating teams cost them a little so figured it would cost FSU some also. But you're right, no one behind them has done anything so they are where they should be for now.

LtDan said:
Tell ND that after their week one squeeker

week one being the operative (and correctly spelled) term there. Before week 1 you judge people by how you think they'll play, after week 1 you judge them by how they've played. USC and Texas looked like better teams after week 1.

Nappy Roots said:
what the hell? how the hell am i touchy? i said personally i could careless. its not touchy, its the truth.
Sorry, misread the emphasis. My bad.

Back
Top Bottom