when was the last time a 7th rounder made the team ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

when was the last time a 7th rounder made the team ?

I don't agree with that

MikeO said:
If Poole is the real deal, makes that Reggie Howard signing look really bad since we could have used that money to improve the offense. We have the higest paid #3 CB in the history of the NFL! lol

And I know we signed Howard incase Madison wouldn't take a pay cut, but there was no risk since we could have just re-signed T-Buck. The Howard signing is the one that really makes Spielman look bad. A lot of money tied up in a position it doesn't need to be. Especially now with Poole coming on and looking good.

We could have taken that Howard money and got Tait or Woody. How better would we be then?!

No one knew Poole would last until the 4th and we never even had a 4th after round one. So to trade out of the 3rd and pick up Poole and Bua (or was it Hadnot) was a great move at the time, but not something you could have banked on earlier in Free Agency. As well, no one knew he would look so good, which may or may not carry over to actual games. I sure hope it does however!!

And as many others have said, you can NEVER have too many good corners, especially with the QB's in the AFC East.

Remember what a pleasant suprise Terry Cousin was and what a loss it was when he left. Four quality corners will not be a waste as they will all see plenty of action in our Defense.

Also, I believe Howard is a big upgrade over T-Buck. I love T-Buck and wish he was still here (especially for his BIG PLAY ability) but overall I do not think he is a solid as Howard. Howard may not have the big plays like T-Buck but he is better all around, and as they say, slow and steady wins the race.

got to remember the road to the superbowl goes through NE and they play lots of 4&5 receiver sets. So signing Howard and getting lucky with Poole is not a luxury its a necessity.

touborg said:
I'm torn between him and Bua.
No comparison.Poole is starter material now.Bua at best is a STer and potential future LB backup.I think Pope has better starter potential than either Moore or Bua.

MrClean said:
The hardest things to find are good cover corners and good left offensive tackles.
I think we'll be outstanding in our nickel and dime packages this year and it seems like last year we let too many teams off the hook on 3rd and long.
Yes I agree.Our DB backfield is probably the one area where we have a marked improvement.We should be ready for the 3-4 WR Sets.I think most teams will have trouble with those new rules.Lets hope that the interpretation of those rules does not hurt the Fins as much as the Pats for instance.We will find out during the exhibition season.

CrunchTime said:
No comparison.Poole is starter material now.Bua at best is a STer and potential future LB backup.I think Pope has better starter potential than either Moore or Bua.
I think Bua is a little more than a future backup, as well as moore.

MrClean said:
Yes, Zach was a 5th rounder. The last 7th rounder to make the team was Leonard Henry.

Was L.Henry ever on the active roster in the regular season??

Wasn't Jermaine Haley a 7th rnd pick??

EDIT: Haley was a 7th rnd pick in 1999.

saves said:
I think Bua is a little more than a future backup, as well as moore.
Me too. Bua may be another Izzo on specials this season, but I think he could be a future weak side starter. In fact, three years from now I wouldn't be surprised if our starting LBs were Moore/Pope/Bua left to right.

burger13 said:
Was L.Henry ever on the active roster in the regular season??

Wasn't Jermaine Haley a 7th rnd pick??
Yes, while he did not play, he was moved from the practice squad to the active roster Dec 4 2002, his rookie season.

Haley was also a 1999 7th rounder. He did not join the team until the next season because he was still under contract to Toronto of the CFL.
His actual rookie season was 2000 and he played 15 games and started 4, so for a 7th rounder who contributed his first season he is probably one of the better ones we've had in a while. Since it's been a 7 round draft anyway.

MikeO said:
If Poole is the real deal, makes that Reggie Howard signing look really bad since we could have used that money to improve the offense. We have the higest paid #3 CB in the history of the NFL! lol

And I know we signed Howard incase Madison wouldn't take a pay cut, but there was no risk since we could have just re-signed T-Buck. The Howard signing is the one that really makes Spielman look bad. A lot of money tied up in a position it doesn't need to be. Especially now with Poole coming on and looking good.

We could have taken that Howard money and got Tait or Woody. How better would we be then?!

No better, and there would be posts critcizing the FO for spending huge money on guys that are now out of shape and looking bad.

Al13 said:
just curious because, derrick pope could make it this seasen, don´t know about pape though

so who was it ? could it be Joe Wong ? :eek:
Depends on how you wish to look at it. Does making the team mean pratice squad?

'02-Leonard Henry-RB

But the last one to make the team and play was '99-Jermaine Haley-DT, which was actually '00 since he played in Canada in '99

Back
Top Bottom