When were we in the running for Stokes? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When were we in the running for Stokes?

Golphindolphin

town drunk
Club Member
Reaction score
PFW just throws "stuff" against the wall

Dolphins hope to keep Gadsden

Now that Miami has lost out on Stokes to Jacksonville, the smart money says that unrestricted free-agent WR Oronde Gadsden will re-sign with the Dolphins perhaps within the next couple of days. Gadsden has been working out with a personal trainer for about a month and has been catching passes from recently released QB Ray Lucas. The Dolphins have offered Gadsden a minimum one-year deal of $530,000 plus incentives, and several Miami teammates have encouraged Gadsden to take the team’s offer.

PFW: Could Gadsden still be a factor for Miami?

Arkush: Provided he’s healthy, very much so. As is the case with Stokes, he can be a very solid possession receiver with good size. His relationship with the Dolphins has been tenuous at best, but with all the changes that have been made in Miami, a fresh start for Gadsden hardly figures to be too huge a cross to bear. At the very least, he could provide more competition with newcomers Derrius Thompson and J. R. Tolver for playing time. Keep an eye on Thompson, by the way.

PFW: Does Gadsen still have more options?

Arkush: I think Jacksonville was the only other option he really had. Carolina needs a pass catcher in the worst way to replace the injured Kevin Dyson, but something tells me Antonio Freeman is going to be signed to fill that need before the summer heats up  perhaps pretty soon.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Spins/2003/spin061703.htm

i think today's SS article says it better.
Gadsden misses out on Jax, basically. He'll sign the min pretty soon as Wanny knows that it's that or nothing. Personally, I don't see what's wrong with 530Ks. I'd say that's a tad above min wage now, don't you?? LOL

lol.. If Gadsden has been catching passes from Ray Lucas, who was Lucas actually throwing too?

Maybe he had a Nate Clements jersey on or something. I dont think Miami lost out on JJ i think JJ was quoted as saying he'd like to play in Miami.

I seriously doubt we were in sort of negotiations with Stokes. "Flingin' it against the wall".

Sometimes I really have to question the legitimacy of some of these guys' sources. The 'Fins were never, at any point, even reported to have had any kind of interest in Stokes whatsoever; quite the opposite in fact.

Darn though, I can't believe we "missed out" on a former #10 pick who never did anything even though he was playing opposite two of the best receivers of all time. The double coverage presented to Rice and T.O. alone should have allowed Stokes to rack up 1,000 yards per year.

Remember, this opinion is coming from a Pac 10 (especially UCLA & USC) fan.

Originally posted by stan marino
Maybe he had a Nate Clements jersey on or something. I dont think Miami lost out on JJ i think JJ was quoted as saying he'd like to play in Miami.
:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom