When Will Tebow Become a Full Time Starter? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Will Tebow Become a Full Time Starter?

When will Tebow become a full-time starter?

• Week 3-5

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Week 6-8

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Week 9-12

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Week 12-17

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Not happening!

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
I did give your team credit. Great defense, OL, and running game. Sanchez sucks though. Everyone knows this including most Jets fans who aren't homers. If you feel so confident about Sanchez not being a terrible QB we can do a sig bet or something. The Jets will not make the playoffs this year if Sanchez is starting.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

It isn't. Most people have already forgotten as nobody cares about AFC runner ups.

You don't win as much as we have w/ poor QB play.

I'd make that bet.

the people that don't care(but should) are the fans of the team that hasn't made it that far in 20 years, I realize in your world it may be better to never make the playoffs but I enjoyed the 2 runs and look forward to more.

Enjoy it. I would. But don't sit here and act like it's relevant to anyone but Jets fans. It's not. Nobody cares about 3rd/4th place. Especially being 2 years ago as a 2 season fluke with a non-playoff season afterwards with more to come.

Enjoy it. I would. But don't sit here and act like it's relevant to anyone but Jets fans. It's not. Nobody cares about 3rd/4th place. Especially being 2 years ago as a 2 season fluke with a non-playoff season afterwards with more to come.

a 2 season fluke? that's a new one, I would think a team that missed 6 staright postseasons then won a division then missed at least the next 3 postseasons would be a fluke not a team that made BACK TO BACK title games.

You don't win as much as we have w/ poor QB play.

I'd make that bet.

the people that don't care(but should) are the fans of the team that hasn't made it that far in 20 years, I realize in your world it may be better to never make the playoffs but I enjoyed the 2 runs and look forward to more.

I wouldn't call 28-20 (58.3% winning percent) all that many wins. Last season, the Jets' poor QB play was what kept them out of the playoffs.

I wouldn't call 28-20 (58.3% winning percent) all that many wins. Last season, the Jets' poor QB play was what kept them out of the playoffs.

no team has more playoff wins since Sanchez has entered the league.

Numerous factors kept them out of the playoffs last year including the QB.

a 2 season fluke? that's a new one, I would think a team that missed 6 staright postseasons then won a division then missed at least the next 3 postseasons would be a fluke not a team that made BACK TO BACK title games.

They're both flukes. Any team that only manages to be relevant for a season or 2 before sucking again is a fluke. As much as you want to believe it, the Jets aren't the Patriots. Not the Steelers. Not the Colts. Not even remotely close.

no team has more playoff wins since Sanchez has entered the league.

Numerous factors kept them out of the playoffs last year including the QB.

Sanchez didn't win those games. He was just along for the ride. He had an efficient game vs. the Bengals in 2009, but Shonn Greene and the defense were the winning factor. He was awful vs. the Chargers. The defense, Greene and Nate Kaeding were the reason they won. In 2010, Sanchez was bad vs. the Colts. The defense once again was the reason they won holding the Colts to only 16 points. A great game against the Patriots laughable defense is the only game he was the leading factor of. Even then, holding the Patriots to only 21 had as much to do with the win than Sanchez.

Let's not sit here and act like he put the team on his back through the playoffs. He didn't. Quite the opposite. And playing better in the playoffs is irrelevant when you suck so much in the regular season, that making the playoffs doesn't happen, which is to be expected from the Jets until they get a better QB.

They're both flukes. Any team that only manages to be relevant for a season or 2 before sucking again is a fluke. As much as you want to believe it, the Jets aren't the Patriots. Not the Steelers. Not the Colts. Not even remotely close.

we sucked again? 8-8 would be more wins than Miami has had since 2008.

None of those teams has more playoff wins the last 3 seasons. We need to win a SB to get into the convewrsation but we're not doing too bad- it's not like we haven't won a playoff game since 2000.

Sanchez didn't win those games. He was just along for the ride. He had an efficient game vs. the Bengals in 2009, but Shonn Greene and the defense were the winning factor. He was awful vs. the Chargers. The defense, Greene and Nate Kaeding were the reason they won. In 2010, Sanchez was bad vs. the Colts. The defense once again was the reason they won holding the Colts to only 16 points. A great game against the Patriots laughable defense is the only game he was the leading factor of. Even then, holding the Patriots to only 21 had as much to do with the win than Sanchez.

Let's not sit here and act like he put the team on his back through the playoffs. He didn't. Quite the opposite. And playing better in the playoffs is irrelevant when you suck so much in the regular season, that making the playoffs doesn't happen, which is to be expected from the Jets until they get a better QB.

He was a major part of why we won. he didn't carry us, he's not tom Brady but he outplayed Brady in the playoffs.

If you think he was awful against SD you clearly have no idea what you are watching.

You are just a bitter, jealous div rival fan that cannot be objective.

we sucked again? 8-8 would be more wins than Miami has had since 2008.

None of those teams has more playoff wins the last 3 seasons. We need to win a SB to get into the convewrsation but we're not doing too bad- it's not like we haven't won a playoff game since 2000.

He was a major part of why we won. he didn't carry us, he's not tom Brady but he outplayed Brady in the playoffs.

If you think he was awful against SD you clearly have no idea what you are watching.

You are just a bitter, jealous div rival fan that cannot be objective.

only in your little delusional world is 100 passing yards with a 52.2 completion percentage, a 60.2 passer rating, a 4.35 average yards per attempt, with 1 pick and TD, leading the team to only 17 points, not awful. Chad Henne must've been an elite QB then by your standards. Glad I don't suffer from such delusions. Looking forward to watching your excuses this season when the expected happens again. Well, expected to everyone else but you.

only in your little delusional world is 100 passing yards with a 52.2 completion percentage, a 60.2 passer rating, a 4.35 average yards per attempt, with 1 pick and TD, leading the team to only 17 points, not awful. Chad Henne must've been an elite QB then by your standards. Glad I don't suffer from such delusions. Looking forward to watching your excuses this season when the expected happens again. Well, expected to everyone else but you.

Watch the game not the boxscore. He was vital to that win coming up w/ numerous big plays to help us win. a boxscore only tells you so much, Mark's #s were much better a week later and he helped us to the same apunt of points but he wasn't nearly as good. #s only tell part of the story.

Watch the game not the boxscore. He was vital to that win coming up w/ numerous big plays to help us win. a boxscore only tells you so much, Mark's #s were much better a week later and he helped us to the same apunt of points but he wasn't nearly as good. #s only tell part of the story.

Stop. He was putrid. Nate Kaeding was the Jets MVP of that game with the defense and Shonn Greene after him. Sanchez got bailed out worse than GM.

Stop. He was putrid. Nate Kaeding was the Jets MVP of that game with the defense and Shonn Greene after him. Sanchez got bailed out worse than GM.

you just don't have any idea what you are watching. I bet if he threw for 300 yds and didnt' make in big plays to help his team win you'd say he played well. #s tell part of the story, one QB cost his team the game that day and it was Philip Rivers.

Did you see the ESPN article of Tim Tebow running shirtless in the rain?

As long as we keep winning, MS can be as putrid as possible.

This board is fascinated with stats. No wonder why Dan Marino couldn't get the job done. He was all stats, but no ring to show for.

Sanchez can succeed with more weapons; he's shown a killer instinct in games that matter. You don't make conference championships without skill. Yeah he's uneven but like Junc said numbers are only part of the story. Being a Fin fan I'd much rather face Tebow than Sanchez as a starting QB.

However when your career numbers are equal to Chad Henne you've going to get criticized. :idk:

I agree with Junc; Tebow is a Wildcat QB designed to take advantage of mismatches on defense. You have to accout for him as a runner and a thrower. He may not be deadly like Cam Newton or even Mike Vick but he creates mismatches.

Back
Top Bottom