Where do the Dolphins and their fans rank among the NFL? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where do the Dolphins and their fans rank among the NFL?

Sons Of Shula

not a dull boy
☠️ Banned ☠️
Club Member
Reaction score
NFL FAN BASE AND BRAND RANKINGS 2017
JUNE 17, 2017 MICHAEL LEWIS

NFL Fandom Report 2017: The “Best” NFL Fans

Who has the best fans in the NFL? What are the best brands in the NFL? These are simple questions without simple answers. First we have to decide what we mean by “best”. What makes for a great fan or brand? Fans that show up even when the team is losing? Fans that are willing to pay the highest prices? Fans that are willing to follow a team on the road or social media?

Even after we agree on the question, answering it is also a challenge. How do we adjust for the fact that one team might have gone on a miraculous run that filled the stadium? Or perhaps another team suffered a slew of injuries? How do we compare fan behavior in a market like New York with fans in a place like Green Bay?

https://scholarblogs.emory.edu/esma/2017/06/17/nfl-fan-base-and-brand-rankings-2017/

click the link for the answer

Hey, road fan equity were 7.

Games at NYJ and Ravens usually have a good amount of Miami fans in parking lots and in the stadium, not sure about Steelers games because I refuse to go to that stadium and be around those drunken loud mouth fans waving their towels.

Huh, I'm surprised to see the Chiefs on any kind of fan losers list. Intersting read, SoS.

Yeah that was a shocker but after reading their metrics for Road Equity, made a bit of sense. KC home games are always backed and loud(the battle for loudest stadium vs Seahawks was a great time to watch) but by looks of it, the fanbase doesn't travel in sense of actually traveling and having a fanbase that is on national level. I will have to catch a few KC games this upcoming season when they are on the road and see how much red there is in stadium.

I blame Omar for our low Social Media Equity!!!!!! In all seriousness, does the team still invite owners of Fan sites to team headquarters for tours, questions, etc.. like they use to when FH AJ was around and other staff in the start of things?

Last edited:
Man I'd love to read his linked page about how he got there with the rankings, not sure I'll ever give it that much time of day... seems like such a difficult thing to gauge.

I see no way in hell we rank one spot lower the the jest lol

We've got the largest cyber presence. So if the NFL turns NBA in regards to all star voting, we'll put 20 Yao Mings in Dolphins uniforms every year for the pro bowl...and we'll unleash that catastrophe if our demands are not met.

1. No more "Home" games in London.

2. Call off the refs.

3. Sequester Omar Kelly in an underground bunker.
Queen Latifa must stab his balls 10 times for every article he's ever written.

4. Ross's helicopter shall hereby be allowed to dry the field during any home game under any circumstance.

Not surprised about the road equity. I've always considered Dolphin fans outside of the local market to be top notch. The local fanbase is a little fickle but I can't blame them. When the team is a true winner the local support comes out in full force and is among the craziest of diehards.

There are a lot of Fin fans in Atl Falcon games. There seemed to be a lot of fish fans at the Rams game last year.

I believe we'd be a lot higher too if the self hating fans weren't dragging us down:roflmao

The road equity was apparent in the one game i've seen in person, 2015 skins game...always nice to piss off the opposition's fans with a near takeover of their home!

I'm going to hit the Philly preseason game this year too - don't think that really counts, but it's on national TV, so football fans around the country will see a bit more aqua there at least.

Not surprised about the road equity. I've always considered Dolphin fans outside of the local market to be top notch. The local fanbase is a little fickle but I can't blame them. When the team is a true winner the local support comes out in full force and is among the craziest of diehards.

Glad to represent!!

From my experience of games (3- @Indy, @Cleveland, @Detroit- various years)
-The Colts fans have seemed the most rude, most homerish, and most stupid.
-Detroit had some really cool people honestly.. we were in a hoard of phin fans, sitting next to 2 lions fans, it was a good time. But everyone else, walking around, even from parking were all very nice. It was a competitive game also, the one where Grimes got that amazing pick
-Cleveland was a mix of the two... it was the opening game one season so they were still optimistic, it was tied or they were winning at halftime, everyone was **** talking back and forth, but when we ended up winning... the dawg pound was not pleased.

I'd bet we have more non Florida fans on the boards than ones in state ?

I'd love to see a list of Euro fan bases. We've got to be tops at least in England. I can't count how many Dolphins jerseys I see when my Arsenal is playing on a football Sunday morning.

I know for a fact we've got the biggest fanbase in all of major sports in the islands. There are bars in Jamaica and Bahamas that are dedicated to Dolphins football on Sundays

The road equity was apparent in the one game i've seen in person, 2015 skins game...always nice to piss off the opposition's fans with a near takeover of their home!

I'm going to hit the Philly preseason game this year too - don't think that really counts, but it's on national TV, so football fans around the country will see a bit more aqua there at least.

I wasn't at the Skins game but when Landry returned the punt for a TD in the 4th quarter the crowd roar was very impressive.

Back
Top Bottom