• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Just for fun, lets see what coach most people feel is going to get fired first in the year 2005. Wanny was obviously the winner last year, so lets see who we think will take the crown(or dunce cap :dunce: ) this year. If you say other, please state which coach you think it will be.

As of right now i would say Mike Tice.

This year is pretty much Tice last shot of trying to make it to the playoffs. Also, i dont really think that the Organization really likes Tice that much.

Marty wont get fired. Turner is safe for another year I think.

I'd say Sherman, Holmgrem, or Haslett.

I went with Sherman. I think the Packers will struggle this year and that'll lead to a new coach...(and QB)...

MelbournePhin said:
i dont see why mooch and del rio are on the list. their teams are on the rise
Just more choices. There are 18 other coaches that I feel are definitley safe, so these in my opinion were the bottom 14 coaches in the league. You could argue the point that Del Rio almost bolted for LSU this year and could make some people angry if he doesn't have success this year. Mooch has a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball so he should do good. Some of these coaches probably have no real shot at being fired, but who knows?

Had the Chargers sucked again last year, I'd have said that Marty without question. However, after the team went 12-4 and made the playoffs, I can't see him losing his job unless the Bolts fall completely apart.

Dicky V's talking about retiring at the end of the season anyhow so I think he's safe.

Fisher and Gibbs at this point aren't in clear danger, but if the Skins and Titans have crap for seasons, both may wind up on the hot seat at season's end.

Capers, Del Rio and Mooch are safe from this standpoint being the teams both seem to be showing promise and appear to be headed in the right direction.

Shanahan's interesting. On one hand, you could claim it'd be a crime to fire the guy after he led the team to a pair of Super Bowl wins and has constantly put a .500 or better squad on the field, and seems to produce thousand yard backs like they're grown on trees. However, on the other hand, Denver hasn't advanced past the first round of the playoffs since Elway retired and eventually you begin to wonder if perhaps maybe the Bronco upper-management is going to begin to wonder if perhaps they need a Miami-esque shakeup in order to get to the next level. For now, I think he's safe but if they jump out to a shaky start, I think he's in real trouble.

Martz is another on the list I think who is faced with the "Get to the next level or else" syndrom.

When breaking this down, my choices came down to Haslett or Holmgren. Truth be told, I'm shocked Holmgren's kept his job this long, and am beginning to wonder exactly how patient Seattle's brass is especially after they brought him back following their epic collapse last year. I think anything less than 10-6 or 11-5 and Holmgren's gone.. That said, I think the first to go is Haslett. Tom Benson is anything but patient, and Mickey Loomis is the biggest YES SIR man in the NFL. After two 8-8 seasons, I see Haslett getting enough rope to hang himself and think he'll be the first to go if the Saints suck up the joint.

Jim Haslett, even though their owner is a cheap a$$hole, I think Saints will have a bad season and Haslett will most likely be the first to be fired from that list and Benson buys out his contract. Second choice would be Mike Martz.

I voted for Jeff Fisher, simply because I believe that organization is trying to take a different route now that their time has probably come and gone. They had 4-5 legitimate years to be Super Bowl contenders and got nothing.

Back
Top Bottom