Which Dolphin FA loss will hurt the most? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Dolphin FA loss will hurt the most?

jetsh8r

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think Dimitri Patterson will be our biggest loss. I understand the argument that he was hurt last year, but if he is healthy this year then the Jets get a starting corner and a hell of a play maker. I'm hoping he doesn't see the field this year, especially against us.

probably Carroll or Patterson.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

I could also say big paul but we have depth on the line

I think Dimitri Patterson will be our biggest loss. I understand the argument that he was hurt last year, but if he is healthy this year then the Jets get a starting corner and a hell of a play maker. I'm hoping he doesn't see the field this year, especially against us.
They don't play the Jets until December 1st, odds are he won't be healthy

As highly as I thought of Patterson, the honest truth with him is, he just could not stay healthy to help the team, I believe the biggest loss will be Soliai. Miami's defense I believe will be really good this year against the pass, unfortunatly the same can not be said against the run, which will be a huge question mark.

Thought Patterson was awesome but he won't hurt the most for us because he didn't play often enough

I liked Pattersons play when he actually played. I know Finnegan is coming off of injury but Patterson seems to just get banged up constantly, Finnegan didn't have any injury issues previously so that gives me much more hope for him. Plus don't underestimate just how badly our defense needed an "injection of emotion" as coyle put it.

As for the biggest loss, soliai was the best player we lost but he has a good replacement. Clemons I think must be it, we know nothing about if delmas can stay healthy. Then after that it's a real crap shoot. There really wasn't many substantial losses to FA this year.

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk

Hmm biggest free agent loss by far will be Solai. Although we do have three starting level Dt's still here. Not sure why we keep spending most of the money on DL and ignoring OL holes.
I don't think its a devastating loss but not a huge fan of the guy we signed to replace him for that money. Clemons might be a guiy we miss.

Carroll was solid and starting to play good and we let him go smh. As much as I liked big Paul randy Starks and earl Mitchell will be just fine which is why I feel we won't miss Paul that much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keller. I know he didn't play last year but with Clay and Keller on the field we could have so many options that Lazor could work with, that we would have been hard to stop. I would be happy to see them bring him back. Seems Lazor wants TEs that can block well and Keller doesn't fit the bill or isn't healthy one or the other.

Soliai. Earl Mitchell has done nothing to date that says he can play at Soliai level. Nothing.

I'm happy enough with all the FAs we let go, to be honest. I think we could have signed better FAs to fill some of the spots (corner and guard in particular), but I'm not unhappy with the decisions made to cut the guys we did.

Nolan Carroll. He should never have got out of the building. He improved every year and was a big contributor, last season. Also interesting to note the report that he is impressing the coaches in Philadelphia with a great start.
I'm rooting for Dennis Hickey to succeed, but I think he grossly underestimated Carroll.

Dimitri Patterson, even though he did not play much. With the luck that the Dolphins have, this would be the year that he stays healthy. When he played for us, I was all over YouTube trying to figure out who this guys was.

Back
Top Bottom