Which Dolphin Players Have Trade Value This Offseason? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Dolphin Players Have Trade Value This Offseason?

Kingdom Come

Active Roster
Reaction score
Can a rebuilding Dolphins organization acquire draft picks or players with any of the talent they have under contract going into 2018???

I think some would trade for pouncey. we wont get much though

The unfortunate reality we have to realize is that our team is not a year away from competing. By the time our team is ready, most of our key players will be slowing down. Nobody wants to say rebuild, but it may be for the best.

If it were me, I’d see what the market is for Reshad Jones. We can draft a FS and play McDonald at SS.

Wake may have some value. He will be retired by the time this team is competing.

Pouncey may have value, based on name alone.

Lastly, I’m tempted to say Suh. He’s still playing at a high level but if we are rebuilding, you can’t have that kind of money tied to an aging DT. The issue will be finding someone to take that contract

Landry is about it because like Tannchise said who in the hell is going to take on those ridiculous salaries we gave to those others with any value

I bet Landry will be gone in FA. I doubt he stays on this dumpster fire of a team.

I would try to trade Suh, Tannehill, Wake, Jones. None of those players will be around by the time we are contenders anyways. The team needs a complete rebuild. Try to stockpile picks and make better contract decisions.

The unfortunate reality we have to realize is that our team is not a year away from competing. By the time our team is ready, most of our key players will be slowing down. Nobody wants to say rebuild, but it may be for the best.

If it were me, I’d see what the market is for Reshad Jones. We can draft a FS and play McDonald at SS.

Wake may have some value. He will be retired by the time this team is competing.

Pouncey may have value, based on name alone.

Lastly, I’m tempted to say Suh. He’s still playing at a high level but if we are rebuilding, you can’t have that kind of money tied to an aging DT. The issue will be finding someone to take that contract
I agree with you, It's a shame about Suh but you make some good points regarding him especially about his contract. laundry would be on that list if not for the fact that he is a FA at the end of this season. Parker is a player that I have defended and advocated to giving more time toward his development, but if someone offers a ridiculously high draft pick for him I would take it. That's far fetched however.

The big mistake the Dolphins made in this area was in thinking Suh would have the effect on opposing passing games necessary to supplement Tannehill's typical level of play and make the team a Super Bowl contender.

They're paying both players as though they'd give the team the passer rating differential necessary to accomplish that, whereas Suh is obviously having no such effect on opposing passing games. The team's pass defense is horrendous despite Suh's presence, and the team is going nowhere with a pass defense this poor.

Now they're stuck in a situation in which both players are (or will be) on the wrong side of 30 and wouldn't fetch as much in trade as they would have earlier in their careers. Also at issue is the fact that trading Suh would result in $22M in dead cap money, with only a $3.9M cap savings in 2018.

That said, however, with the team's being a ways off from contending, it would make sense to trade Suh for even something as meager as a 4th- or 5th-round pick. Essentially you'd be trading Suh for something meager, in exchange for the other team's willingness to take on his salary.

The alternative is that you wait another year, Suh is a year older, and teams are unwilling perhaps to part with anything for him, knowing the Dolphins can then cut him and save $15M against the cap.

In other words, this may be the last year anything at all can be gotten for Suh in trade. If his career longevity doesn't fit this team's view of its longer-term building process, it's time to trade him now, while something can still be garnered in return.

I strongly doubt the team can improve enough in just the 2017/2018 offseason to warrant viewing Suh as an integral piece of a Super Bowl push. It's time to realize he just doesn't fit anymore.

Can a rebuilding Dolphins organization acquire draft picks or players with any of the talent they have under contract going into 2018???

Really, any guy on the roster can be traded. The question really is, what is your definition of value?

Landry and Tannehill are probably the only two guys on the roster that MIGHT get you a first round pick. I'd include Suh there, but his salary is so high that I dont think anyone would trade for him without a massive restructure.

For possible second round picks, those same guys above (because we know how adept Tannenbaum is at extracting value in trades....), possibly Tunsil, Harris, McMillan, Jones.

Third round picks...same as above, add in Parker and Stills, MAYBE Tank, Maybe Juwaan James.

Fourth: Hmmm, MAYBE Cam Wake but I doubt we could get that much for him at this point. Maybe Godchaux due to his upside.

Fifth and sixth rounds: This is where the bulk of our roster would probably fall. This is your Branchs, your Pounceys, your Kikos etc....

7th: Do we even need to go there? lol.

Bottom line: I dont see trading away players as a viable means to rebuild this team quickly. We would be cutting off our nose to spite our face. That said, I'd like to see us dump some salaries and if we can get a pick or two on top of that it would be icing.

Reshad Jones would be the best bet, and maybe Parker if we can convince someone he just needs a fresh start. But it's not even worth getting rid of Parker unless you can get a 3rd bc he will have to be replaced. I wasn't a fan of the monster contract we gave Jones b/c I just don't think a SS has that much effect on winning games (we won a lot when he was hurt).

I agree that Jones, Tannehill, Parker, Stills, and Suh are probably the only players on this team with trade value, but I think none of them get higher than a third.

Really, any guy on the roster can be traded. The question really is, what is your definition of value?

Landry and Tannehill are probably the only two guys on the roster that MIGHT get you a first round pick. I'd include Suh there, but his salary is so high that I dont think anyone would trade for him without a massive restructure.

For possible second round picks, those same guys above (because we know how adept Tannenbaum is at extracting value in trades....), possibly Tunsil, Harris, McMillan, Jones.

Third round picks...same as above, add in Parker and Stills, MAYBE Tank, Maybe Juwaan James.

Fourth: Hmmm, MAYBE Cam Wake but I doubt we could get that much for him at this point. Maybe Godchaux due to his upside.

Fifth and sixth rounds: This is where the bulk of our roster would probably fall. This is your Branchs, your Pounceys, your Kikos etc....

7th: Do we even need to go there? lol.

Bottom line: I dont see trading away players as a viable means to rebuild this team quickly. We would be cutting off our nose to spite our face. That said, I'd like to see us dump some salaries and if we can get a pick or two on top of that it would be icing.

I don't think anyone on the team is going to garner a first-round pick other than perhaps Tannehill, and that would be contingent on his being completely medically cleared and performing well for another team in a workout.

Back
Top Bottom