Which Dolphin Players Have Trade Value This Offseason? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Dolphin Players Have Trade Value This Offseason?

At this point the best way to get more picks will be to trade down. If we're drafting top 5 or 6 then trading down to about 10 or 11 would bring an extra 3rd round pick probably. Moving down again would bring another one and of course you can always trade down in the 2nd round as well for more picks. The contracts we gave our will make it extremely hard to move anybody

Ozzy rules!!

Landry is the only one.

Must keep Laundry. Parker has value and I believe we could get a second round pick. If so, take it and get the top rated center in the second round all while cutting pouncey creating 7-8 million dollar toward '18 salary.

I don't think anyone on the team is going to garner a first-round pick other than perhaps Tannehill, and that would be contingent on his being completely medically cleared and performing well for another team in a workout.

Not that I would. But, would you consider trading Tannehill for a first round pick or a 2nd and 3rd and go and sign K.Cousins?

Suh, RT, Jones, Wake, Pouncey.
Suh, RT can possibly net a 2nd and some later picks (teams rarely give up 1st rd picks anymore)
Jones might net a 3rd rounder. Wake and Pouncey mid rounders due to age or injury history.

I'd actually consider moving Reshad Jones for the right compensation if we can land Minkah Fitzpatrick in the first round or Jaquan Johnson in the second. Please stay far away from Derwin James who will be a workout warrior although he's looked lost all season. Move T.J. to his natural position at SS.

Jones is going to be 30 years old and may be able to fetch a second rounder. Use his money to keep Landry.

Suh, RT, Jones, Wake, Pouncey.
Suh, RT can possibly net a 2nd and some later picks (teams rarely give up 1st rd picks anymore)
Jones might net a 3rd rounder. Wake and Pouncey mid rounders due to age or injury history.
Not that I would. But, would you consider trading Tannehill for a first round pick or a 2nd and 3rd and go and sign K.Cousins?

In a heartbeat. And I like Tannehill.

Cousins + 1st or 2nd/3rd is just way better.

Reactions: <O>
Tag and trade is Landry
Jordan Phillips is worth maybe a 3rd.
R Jones is easy since TJ McDonald can take over.
Pouncey maybe since he is a name and maybe the Steelers would give a 5th.
Wake doubtful, hes a smallish DE on the wrong side of 35yrd old.

The elephant in the room is Tannehill. If a legit blue chip QB falls to the Dolphins? Can the Fins trade Tannehill to say the Cardinals? Arians love older QB's

Either it's going to be cap hell for 1-2 years.

Tag and trade is Landry
Jordan Phillips is worth maybe a 3rd.
R Jones is easy since TJ McDonald can take over.
Pouncey maybe since he is a name and maybe the Steelers would give a 5th.
Wake doubtful, hes a smallish DE on the wrong side of 35yrd old.

The elephant in the room is Tannehill. If a legit blue chip QB falls to the Dolphins? Can the Fins trade Tannehill to say the Cardinals? Arians love older QB's

Either it's going to be cap hell for 1-2 years.

I doubt we can get more than a 5th for Phillips, but I'll take that. Much prefer Godchaux as a prospect going forward.

I'd trade Pouncey for any type of compensation.... Even a 2019 7th. Don't care.

I'd trade Jones in a second if it were up to me. The best is not yet to come. McDonald is younger and already locked up. They're virtually the same player and Jones has dealt with injuries the past few seasons ... which doesn't tend to get better with age. People will view his contract similar to how they see Branch's now in a season or 2 ... not enough bang for the buck. For a strong safety.

I'd keep all the receivers (for now) until they looked as hapless with an actual QB. I'd keep Landry regardless.

Suh's contract makes him untradeable no matter how you look at it. Not til next year.

You might get a 5th or 6th for Wake, which is a slap in the face for him at this point. Don't do it unless he wants out of Miami. If he wants to stay he's welcome to. It's not his fault this dumb**** team thought they could replace his production with Branch or Harris ... he'd only be getting pass rush snaps now if the FO knew what it was doing. People are going down that road with Wake like they did with JT ... not liking it.

Not trading Tannehill.

No one on earth is taking on Pouncey's contract. Not even for a 7th.

There are more that are trade worthy but I felt like these needed to be addressed.

Landry is about it because like Tannchise said who in the hell is going to take on those ridiculous salaries we gave to those others with any value

You can't trade a free agent. Unless you want to tag him first? And then, who is giving up a first on a like 15 mil or more deal for a slot wr? Albeit a damn good one.

We better resign Landry. Find a way in the money

If you want to get real depressed, one way of looking at it is many of these current, high dollar contracts - for players who absolutely need to be jettisoned before winning can be sustained - make said players unmovable until after next season.

In other words, they are handcuffed to the point that they can't even rebuild until after next year (if it all falls apart again ... holding out a little Thill hope). Then the rebuild. Then a couple years for players to develop. Tannehill would be playing elsewhere by then so add waiting on your new face of the franchise to get with it. Basically years.

If they don't get it together next season, it will be years and years until Miami is relevant again. It's becoming harder and harder to find a silver lining.

Reactions: <O>
Reshad Jones' name is all over this thread. Meanwhile I think I was the only one who suggested he should be traded nearing the deadline early in the season. We might have actually gotten something for him at that point. Now his reputation has declined somewhat after so many struggles in coverage later in the season, and we've seen he doesn't pair particularly well with McDonald. A sharp franchise would have recognized that McDonald is younger and could fill Jones' role.

This team would be in far better shape by trading Jones at the deadline and keeping Ajayi. We'd have the physical presence at running back, the strong safety position wouldn't be markedly different, and the draft pick compensation would be a round or two earlier.

I'll be square that I don't follow salary specifics and how likely it would be for a team to trade for Jones' contract. If we paid him more than he's worth that's not a shock.

Back
Top Bottom