Which draft picks will make the final 53 man roster? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which draft picks will make the final 53 man roster?

Which draft picks will make the final 53 man roster? (multiple choices allowed)

• Rd 1: OT Laremy Tunsil

Votes: 149 98.7%
  • Rd 2: CB Xavien Howard

Votes: 148 98.0%
  • Rd 3: RB Kenyan Drake

Votes: 148 98.0%
  • Rd 3: WR Leonte Carroo

Votes: 147 97.4%
  • Rd 6: WR Jakeem Grant

Votes: 125 82.8%
  • Rd 6: SS Jordan Lucas

Votes: 80 53.0%
  • Rd 7: QB Brandon Doughty

Votes: 37 24.5%
  • Rd 7: TE Thomas Duarte

Votes: 86 57.0%

• Total voters
I think the bottom of our roster churns. Duarte will aim for the PS. From the small amount of video I watched I don't see the QBs potential but I'm not a coach or scout so at this point I defer to the experts.

I think the bottom of our roster churns. Duarte will aim for the PS.

Thomas Duarte is my sleeper pick to make the final 53, as a backup slot receiver and backup TE. He might even see the field as a slot receiver, in redzone and 3rd down situations (Jarvis Landry moving outside, and Kenny Stills leaving the field).

WR Jakeem Grant is exciting to watch in highlights, but his 23 drops and small size make it difficult to see him making the final 53, especially if Kenyan Drake can handle kickoff returns.

Top 3 round pix after that they will be fighting to make the ps let alone the 53 man roster.i can see a few undrafted players we picked up making it as well .only making it even harder for those we picked after Carroo.

Tunsil-grant make it then duarte makes it. Lucus and Doughty make PS.

how do I remove pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think everyone has a chance except Doughty. It is cool he is a home kid and Dolphins fan and he had a lot of TDs. However, I have watched a lot of his videos and I see a very sloppy QB whose platform sucks and is always different. He has a winding motion, even on quick throws and bubble screens, he lacks arm strength and he got away with a lot of throws and bad habits in college that won't fly in the NFL. Seems like a good kid though.

Thomas Duarte is my sleeper pick to make the final 53, as a backup slot receiver and backup TE. He might even see the field as a slot receiver, in redzone and 3rd down situations (Jarvis Landry moving outside, and Kenny Stills leaving the field).

WR Jakeem Grant is exciting to watch in highlights, but his 23 drops and small size make it difficult to see him making the final 53, especially if Kenyan Drake can handle kickoff returns.

I guess we are seeing the same things but interpreting them differently. I see a glut of slot receivers and a tight end that really is more of an H back than tight end. Watching Grant I see more potential than Drake as a punt returner or slot.

The 1st 5 (Tunsil, Howard, Drake, Carroo, Grant) are all very close to being a given on making the roster, one way or the other, with Duarte being a very interesting possibility on a 6th possible player making the roster from this draft class.

With all the hype for Grant i'm not sure he makes the 53 but let's see what he can do in camp and the preseason.

i think Lucas and Duarte have a good chance of at least making the practice squad. Doughty as well although he may just be a camp arm.

Watching Grant I see more potential than Drake as a punt returner or slot.

In 4 years of college, Jakeem Grant never returned a single punt. Not one.

Add his 23 drops, and I'm not going to assume that he's going to be a great punt returner.

Plus, with his small size (5'6", 165 lbs) other teams may just give him a concussion, with a dirty hit when he's completely exposed & vulnerable.

[video=youtube;W3DjQ3CYycI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3DjQ3CYycI[/video]

There's probably a good reason why Jakeem Grant didn't return a single punt in college.

Back
Top Bottom