Which NFL teams have amassed the least 2017 draft capital? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which NFL teams have amassed the least 2017 draft capital?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
[h=2]Teams that have lost the most draft capital[/h]
i
[h=2]28. Miami Dolphins[/h]Original adjusted capital: 41.9 points
Actual capital: 34.8 points (minus-17.0 percent)

It might be a surprise to see the Dolphins here, given that they have the best possible compensatory pick (the 33rd pick in the third round, pick No. 97), as well as a pair of fifth-round compensatory selections, thanks to the departures of Olivier Vernon, Lamar Miller and Kelvin Sheppard. Those picks are worth a combined 8.5 points of draft capital, and if the Dolphins had held onto the remainder of their picks, they would be in great shape for this year's draft.
That's not what happened. Miami still has its first- and second-round picks, but the Dolphins sent their third- and fourth-round selections to Minnesota last year to trade up and grab wideout Leonte Carroo, who is blocked from meaningful reps by the presence of Jarvis Landry, DeVante Parker and Kenny Stills. The Dolphins traded their sixth-rounder to the Rams in what was actually a nifty low-cost move to get a seventh-rounder and William Hayes, and they sent a seventh-rounder to the Jaguars in the hopes of buying low on Julius Thomas. Those moves are far more defensible than the Carroo trade, but the missing picks are enough to blight Miami's assets.

i

The Dolphins traded third- and fourth-rounders this year to select WR Leonte Carroo in 2016. Carroo had three catches as a rookie. Photo by Doug Murray/Icon Sportswire
http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/19014328/nfl-teams-most-least-2017-draft-capital

And who was the idiot that sent that 3rd and 4th to Minnesota...

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

Mike "I will screw your teams future if I can" Tannenbum

Back
Top Bottom