Which players can improve next season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which players can improve next season?

TurboDurden

Active Roster
Reaction score
Talk seems to be about the talent we're about to lose during free agency, but there's not much thought given to the players we already have locked up for next year.

Which players do you expect to actually improve next year?

Personally I don't think we've seen Tua's ceiling, another offseason in this system and hopefully improved play calling that sees us distribute the ball a little more evenly should help.

How about Achane?

Austin Jackson is only 24, can he reach another level?

Is Cam Smith who we thought he was when we drafted him?

Can Jevon Holland solidify his position as one of the best by playing a full season? Does coach Weaver have plans to weaponize him more than Fangio did?

Good topic. We'll see various players ascend and descend next year. I am interested to see what Achane will do with a full off season behind him and being able to fully immerse himself in training along his pal Waddle, Hill, and Mostert. I think like Mostert just proved, putting on a couple pounds of muscle might help him quite a bit while not really slowing him down. EZE should come out and kill it. He seemed to be so on the verge and then I guess the neck injury was just that bad.

Cam Smith we were all excited about but he was for some unknown reason in Fangio's doghouse. I think with the new DC, he will be given ample opportunity as early as mini camps.

Darth Kader had a down year. I'd like to see him get back to his rookie form.

So much to be excited about.

I think our offense should still be pretty good next season. If Achane improves....good God, watch out NFL. I also would love to see EZE on the field.

I think the players we really need to see improvement from are defensive players like Cam Smith, Cameron Goode (will he still be on the roster?), and for God's sake can Channing Tindall find a way onto the field?? Kader Kohou getting back to form will help a lot! If we can get some of these draft picks from the last few years to have the light bulb go on we shouldn't as bad off as many think. Either way, the defense is going to rely heavily on Weavers coaching until Chubb and Phillips are back healthy. I'm always optimistic though!

We've got to see Weaver's plan to know who can be developed.

I'd expect Cam Smith to be a priority moving forward. There's no reason to think he can't because of 1 doghouse season with Fangio. He's still young, athletic, physical and was an impressive performer in the SEC and in training camp last year.

I'm curious about Tindall, but it's been 2 seasons with 2 coordinators that wanted no part of him on their defense. We shall see. Remember, he was a late 3rd round comp selection pick....chances are high he's out of the league in 2 years.

I'm excited to see growth and development from Ethan Bonner. Udfa from Stanford. He really played very well in very limited opportunity...his coverage and playmaking were on point...there's meat on the bone there.

Cameron Goode had some moments, but got injured...that sucked because he had great opportunity at end of season to play a lot! He's a plus athlete, has good size, and made some plays...there's some potential there.

Kohou, Holland, JP are core players that have already improved, eventhough Fangio mis-used KK.

I don't see very much anywhere else on our defense that can develop.

Pili is slow, fat and weak, not explosive enough...maybe bottom of practice squad, maybe.

Campbell is slow and takes bad angles, that's a killer, he needs to be replaced. We don't have anyone back there right now on depth chart as of now before free agency...but he's pretty awful on the back end and hasn't stood out at all on specials.

We've got to see Weaver's plan to know who can be developed.

I'd expect Cam Smith to be a priority moving forward. There's no reason to think he can't because of 1 doghouse season with Fangio. He's still young, athletic, physical and was an impressive performer in the SEC and in training camp last year.

I'm curious about Tindall, but it's been 2 seasons with 2 coordinators that wanted no part of him on their defense. We shall see. Remember, he was a late 3rd round comp selection pick....chances are high he's out of the league in 2 years.

I'm excited to see growth and development from Ethan Bonner. Udfa from Stanford. He really played very well in very limited opportunity...his coverage and playmaking were on point...there's meat on the bone there.

Cameron Goode had some moments, but got injured...that sucked because he had great opportunity at end of season to play a lot! He's a plus athlete, has good size, and made some plays...there's some potential there.

Kohou, Holland, JP are core players that have already improved, eventhough Fangio mis-used KK.

I don't see very much anywhere else on our defense that can develop.

Pili is slow, fat and weak, not explosive enough...maybe bottom of practice squad, maybe.

Campbell is slow and takes bad angles, that's a killer, he needs to be replaced. We don't have anyone back there right now on depth chart as of now before free agency...but he's pretty awful on the back end and hasn't stood out at all on specials.
I agree. We need to shore d line besides o line which we all know. I'm actually looking forward to new roster additions that fits team. Thanks op. Not used to some positive moving forward threads.

Last edited:
2 players I'm thinking of at this moment are Tua and Kader.

It was tough not seeing Kader take a step forward but hopefully he'll get it going this upcoming season.

Tua...i'd like him to spread the ball around more amongst other things like presnap reads...

It's frustrating as fans because we aren't in the building but I'm sure they are making strides to correct things. Trust the process as it's a walk not a sprint...sort of...

Back
Top Bottom