which rookie are you most excited by?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by allsilverdreams, May 18, 2013.

1. allsilverdreams

allsilverdreams Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

I have been thinking about this since the draftf was over.i was shocked we moved up and took Jordan.i was not sure he fit our system but it appears we will use his talents in more than one spot on the field.i think Gillislee could have the biggest impact from this rookie class esp if he beats out Miller for the # 1 spot at rb. Keller will take most of the snaps at TE but Simms should see his share as well esp as an extra pass blocker. the one rookie I am most excited to see hit the field this year is Gillislee.due to the fact that he just may get a real shot as the #1.I like Miller but this should be a nice battle come training camp.if Gillisllee wins I will be ordering his jersey.if miller wins it I will be buying his :chuckle:

2. JCane

JCane Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

Dion Jordan. No question about it.

He was one of my favorite kids in the draft. Loved everything about him.

I never even made an attempt to dream up some scenario where we'd land Jordan because I felt like if we did move up, we'd move up to #1 for Joeckel or Fisher, or #3 for Joeckel or Fisher. I never felt like Jordan would get passed Jacksonville.

Dion Jordan is the most excited I've been about a rookie in probably forever. Ryan Tannehill was a very exciting pick because we finally took a QB with promise, but he wasn't exactly a superstar-type pick.

3. Nawledge

Nawledge Scout Team

Obviously Dion Jordan...I'm excited to see what he's capable of and how were going to use him.

4. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

I would say Jamar Taylor. I think he will probably have the biggest role this season out of the rookies. I am pretty excited to see what he can do, if he turn into a good cb for us our D is looking real good. Also can't wait to see Jordan doing some switching around from 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB, with Odrick moving back and forth as well. Pretty sure thats the plan anyway. Gilleslee is also excting as well, looks like he could be a beast. Reminds me of Willis Mcgahee during college. So many choices, Sims could be huge for us if he can make RZ plays. "I guess I sorta like em all. "

5. Ruckus45

Ruckus45 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I'm going with Jenkins. I see him being a random impact player like Vernon was last year. You would be hard pressed to say Vernon was an impact player the whole season but he seemed to show up at important times especially early in the season. I can see Jenkins doing similar things either in coverage or ST. I'm excited to see if we got a late round steal.

As for Taylor, Jordan, and Sims. I think those guys will be pretty darn solid in the roles they were drafted for.

6. kvado16

kvado16 A True Fan

Has to be Dion Jordan. But I'm also interested to see how Taylor performs, I don't know too much about him so I'm anxious to see him play.

7. scottieUK

scottieUK Starter

Dion Jordan!! Can't wait for him to smash Sanchez, Brady etc all over the field!

8. Twitches Brew

Twitches Brew A True Fan

Jordan. But I'm intrigued to see how Davis brings his tools to learning the game at this level given his lack of experience. He has elite quickness and cod, good aggression and length in coverage; I'm curious to see how he develops with those athletic tools (he's just so fluid), and I think he's going to surprise.

9. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

Completely agree with everything you wrote.

Whenever i talked about the draft, id discuss Jarvis Jones, Milliner, Werner, Tank, etc. But when id list who i wanted id always put Jordan up front. I just didnt see the point in talking about the guy when there was no chance of us grabbing him. Joke was on me.

Thank god Jacksonville screwed the pooch. Kansas City drafting a right tackle was slightly more acceptable then the Jags. KC has talent. They have pro-bowlers and guys they can build around. A consistent pass rush, 2 young talented defensive backs, a outstanding run game, and a good wideout. Even if they just walk away with an "average" draft(which they did) they would still have a chance to compete. Jacksonville is terrible. They have nothing. Yet, somehow, someway, they managed to just spin the tires instead of moving forward. I love it. Thank you Jaguars.

Anyways, back on topic: Jordan. He has the potential to be a special player. A guy talented enough to succeed no matter the scheme. Exactly the type of guy ive been pleading for. Everyone else we drafted has a chance to be solid or good. Jordan has a chance to be exceptional.

10. Fin_Frenzy_84

Fin_Frenzy_84 Starter

I love this whole offseason

11. VCU2000

VCU2000 Well-Known Member

Re: wich rookie are you most excited by?

Taylor

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

12. allsilverdreams

allsilverdreams Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

I think the rookies will be quick studies because of the great coaching staff,unlike Sparano and his slew of clowns

13. MDFINFAN

MDFINFAN Reach for the Stars Super Donator Donator

Nolan is not a clown, and this regime kept DL coach, st coach, RB coach and brought back the lb coach sparano use to have. Don't slam everyone, there some good coaches on sparano's staff.

14. mrhankey81701

mrhankey81701 A True Fan

Caleb Sturgis

15. ROADRUNNER

ROADRUNNER FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Caleb & Dallas...........

16. LDaniel7

LDaniel7 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Everyone expecting Dion Jordan to make an impact right away should calm down their expectations.

Two reasons:

1. Injury to his shoulder. He's not even close to 100 percent. And an injury of this type has to be really close to 100 percent or it will re-injure, due to the force generated on that area of the body in playing DE and LB

2. Tweener status. Jordan is not a clear-cut DE or LB. He's not set up to plug into one position in the NFL and dominate right away. He's got the skills to be a difference maker, but it's going to take him some time to find his stride, NFL wise. Jason Taylor, who many are comparing Jordan to, struggled his first couple years, even as he flashed plays. Good OTs pimped him out, his first year... but then he adjusted and became a consistent force.

Put those two things together and you've got to temper enthusiasm with reality.

IF he is a CONSISTENT difference-maker by the end of the year, where other teams cannot take advantage of him in the running game, etc., then I will be very happy. First part of the season he will struggle some, even as he flashes plays, imo.

AND, coming on a D with so many new parts as this one, it may mean the team will struggle some too, at first.

LD

17. SR 7

SR 7 A True Fan

I dont know about you guys but I am really excited to watch Jordan he reminds me a lot of how I used to enjoy watching Miami on D becuase or Jordan. I can see him having the same impact as JT did in terms of community, person, locker room leader, performer, individual, game changing plays, excitement, marketing, a STAR when they speak of Miami etc.

So far Miami went from having 1 household name in Wake to having probably 4. Wake, Jordan, Tannehill, Wallace, and SLOWLY maybe just MAYBE ellerbe.

I am actually excited to watch everyone this year because they aren't all fat 300lb players.

18. LDaniel7

LDaniel7 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

When I heard all the opening statements of Parcells and Sparano, and heard that their "new approach" was based on "size and strength," I knew immediately that the Phins were doomed to mediocrity for the near future. In the mind of Sparano and Parcells, it wasn't about new schemes, good coaching, philosophy consistent w. the league's evolving nature, etc. It was about Parcells-ball 20 years ago: Big, slow players that win a war of attrition. Lower skilled QBs and WRs and skill positions based on "consistency," not skill.

End of an era, for the Miami Dolphins. I predicted it to a good friend who absolutely LOVED the Parcells' hiring. And he said, smugly, "We'll see."

And indeed. We saw.

In today's NFL, if you don't have SKILL at skill positions, if you get HIGH on players w. mediocre talent and medium ceilings at skill positions, you've doomed your team to mediocrity.

Hence, the real reason why I am not thrilled that Hartline is being paid good dollars to be number two, and Gibson good money to be number 3 WR. It's a step back in philosophy and will make it harder to have sustained success, offensively. Wallace was a HUGE pickup. Getting rid of Bess was LONG OVERDUE. So, so challenged on talent. And Gibson is not much of an improvement, imo. WRs that can be easily covered, that present no mismatch in speed, separation skill, physicality, etc. have no business being paid good money and counted on week in and week out, IF your goal every years is a CHAMPIONSHIP.

Anyway, rant over. I agree w. you that it's exciting to see the play unfolding, and a new era of football player being brought to the Phins.

Philbin seems to GET the idea that in todays NFL you need to be able to DEFEND THE PASS WELL and PASS THE BALL WELL, against any team, ala the Baltimore Ravens last year, in the playoffs. Their win against NE was the most impressive playoff win that I've seen in a long time. And they simply OWNED the NE D once they figured out what they were doing -- why? BECAUSE THEY HAD THE TALENT AT SKILL POSITIONS TO EXPLOIT the NE D.

Hopefully, we're heading that way as a Team! Long time coming...

LD

19. xXwarXx

xXwarXx A True Fan

Im actually pretty excited about dion sims, think he was a huge steal where we got him. An every down TE, who can block and catch, he's not explosive but he's very smooth, and has great hands. Reminds me a lot of Crumpler. Just an easy target to find, and catches everything.

And the fact that he is damn good at blocking is a huge plus, it seems rare these days to find TE's who blocked so often in while in college, especially that were actually good t it.

20. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

Jordan and Gilly

21. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Mike Wallace.

In all seriousness though, Dion Jordan. Dude is just a freak. Von Miller esque.

22. fishbanger

fishbanger Phin fan since 1970!

I would Like to say Taylor as he will benefit from the Wake/Jordan Rush.

23. Phinsfan93

Phinsfan93 A True Fan

Dion Sims. I just have a feeling that he turns into a "star."

24. JahKno96

JahKno96 Well-Known Member

I hope Terrell Sinkfield grasps as much knowledge as he can and is able to compete at a high level this year.

25. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

This is very true, which is why I'm trying to limit my expectations. Therefore, I want to see Taylor as a capable starter

26. Digital

Digital Starter

Those are the same 3 guys that intrigue me. Jordan, Taylor and Gillislee.

27. utahphinsfan

utahphinsfan Puck Fitzburgh

I have to go w/ the Dions.

28. PogiRo

PogiRo Starter

I'm gonna go away from the obvious pick in Jordan and point out Jelani Jenkins. Rated as the best cover LB in this draft, he's also a smart player and we have uncertainty at LB. Wheeler and Ellerbe are not exactly proven commodities to the extent of my knowledge. Not saying they won't work out, just saying it's a little uncertain. That means a little less ground for Jenkins to make up to be up to snuff and get in the mix. I see him playing a bigger role this year than we realize.

29. DZimmer000

DZimmer000 BJJ Black Belt

The first time Jordan destroys Brady I am going to go crazy. I just can't wait to see his speed on the outside and how fast he should be able to get to the QB since Wake will be the one getting Double teamed.

30. Wishfishin

Wishfishin Waterboy

Leon Sandcastle.

Seriously, I'm looking forward to watching Gillislee develop. I think he's going to be special.

31. gdiaz0358

gdiaz0358 Rookie

I am a huge Gator fan and got to see a lot of Gillislee. He is a great all around back, and had he been in the draft 5-7 years ago when RBs were taken early he would be a top 10 pick. He is plays much bigger and stronger than his size. He runs hard and hits the hole hard. He doesnt dance around, he would rather run through you, than around you. He can pass block really good (which is why I think he beats out Miller) and he can catch the ball out of the back field. I am no scout nor expert but i see no major flaws in his game. He should beat out Miller, but having both young backs is going to be really exciting for us, and i love them both. Great 1-2 punch, and i see them both becoming great players.

32. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Jordan. Absolutely loved the pick. Not a big fan of anything that happened after that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2