• Jared Cook

Votes: 79 45.9%
  • JerMichael Finley

Votes: 39 22.7%

• Total voters

NewCoachPlease

Starter
Reaction score
Given the expected salaries and what we currently will have on the team, which TE would you like to be starting on the Dolphins next year and why? I know a couple of these guys could get franchised by their current teams even if they don't want to. For me I think Jared Cook would be the best option and would eliminate the need to draft a TE. With Cook and the guys currently on the team we should be good at TE. I am not really against any of these guys including Fasano, but we can't not have 1 of them.

Dustin Keller from the Jets. It would weaken a division opponent and at the same time I could get a jersey with my last name on it without having to pay the outrageous price for a customized one. :lol:

I know a lot of people here are going to say Finley but that dude has become a ball dropping machine.

Keller...there may be a fire sale there soon.

For me it's a no-brainer: Jared Cook. I would be ok with Dustin Keller, but prefer Cook.

Tyler Eifert. On paper Keller looks attractive but haven't there been durability issues with him each year? And reading the jest boards, there's a large contingent who think he's sort of Ginn-esque when it comes to contact. Let's draft our own relatively cheaply vs the hired guns, retain competent Fasano and control the cap, IMO

I cant see us drafting another tight end, we'll probably pick up a vet in free agency. Im all for Cook or Keller.

Jermichael is extremely overrated and will probably cost the most. Besides the drops and injuries, let him be someone else's headache.

I think Cook and Keller would be an upgrade over Fasano. I'd lean more to Cook, but which ever comes cheaper would be fine.

Cook is a real talent. This is an easy choice.

Edit: Fasano should be kept on the team obviously, I'm a fan of his. He contributes in blocking and can surprise people with a catch or two. Not every TE on the team needs to be some elite pass catcher with speed.

I cant see us drafting another tight end, we'll probably pick up a vet in free agency. Im all for Cook or Keller.

Why not? Indy drafted 2 TE's in the first 3 rounds last year and its worked out well. Dallas spent a high pick on Fasano when they had a pro-bowler in Jason Witten. Just because we drafted a TE in the 3rd round last year doesnt mean we can't this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cook but wouldn't maind Keller. But drafting one is an option too of course.

Ozzy rules!!

Tyler Eifert. On paper Keller looks attractive but haven't there been durability issues with him each year? And reading the jest boards, there's a large contingent who think he's sort of Ginn-esque when it comes to contact. Let's draft our own relatively cheaply vs the hired guns, retain competent Fasano and control the cap, IMO

Not for the first time I'm with Sir Vaark on this one. I think at our draft position range we will be able to get Eifert. Its a position of need, Eifert is ranked best in this year's TE class and he is talented. Talent must be the mantra this offseason.

Tyler Eifert or Zach Ertz. Resign Fasano and draft a feature TE. None of the FA TE's really interest me.

Lots of physical ability without production. IMHO, TE's need to be reliable and consistently catch the ball on third down and create size mismatches and catch it in the red zone. None of those FA TE's consistently catch the ball and most of them are shorter than 6'5 so aren't dominant red zone mismatches.

I recognize that we need a seam threat, and some of those guys do provide that. But, until they prove the reliable hands and uncoverable mismatches in the red zone I'm simply not interested.

Give me Eifert or Ertz. Otherwise, just stick with Fasano.

Back
Top Bottom