Which top 10 player drops to #12? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which top 10 player drops to #12?

I was looking at a mock draft put out by Gil Brandt...sorry I don't have the link, but he has us taking -

BYU OLB/DE Ezekial Ensah....."Ziggy" is from Ghana and hasn't played much football but he has lots of upside.

Warmack may be a cant miss OG(not original gangsta) but he will not be drafted in the top 10, probably after 17 or so closer to mid 20. I think Geno Smith has the potential to fall in this draft if he isnt chosen number 1. I think we should have a shot at Jordan, Warmack, Hankins, Richardson, Allen and Patterson from your list above as it stands now...but the 3rd weekend in April is a LONG ways away!

He's going in the top 10. He's the best guard prospect... well... god. Since I've started really following the draft, to be honest.

as unpopular as it might seem, choosing this BULLDOZER of a man (Warmack) @12 would be a step in the right direction!!

as unpopular as it might seem, choosing this BULLDOZER of a man (Warmack) @12 would be a step in the right direction!!

I think it's the cheap way out. You're guaranteed to get a solid player that doesn't necessarily make a big impact on your team. As a GM it will pad your portfolio of non-bust draft picks so you can say, I always pick solid players. But you SHOULD be aiming for more than that. You should be aiming to get an impact player.

I think it's the cheap way out. You're guaranteed to get a solid player that doesn't necessarily make a big impact on your team. As a GM it will pad your portfolio of non-bust draft picks so you can say, I always pick solid players. But you SHOULD be aiming for more than that. You should be aiming to get an impact player.

But what if impact players are added via free agency?

BTW, normally I would agree 100% but this Year I don't see an impact player that is any better than the impact players who are rated as 2nd round picks.

Couldn´t disagree with you CK...but if a player of Warmack´s quality, would impact young players already on the field like Clay, DT, Miller, and Mathews, plus ***ents and other picks, isn´t he worth it? How big of a drop-off is there between him and other Guards? Is he that special of a project? Will he impact our OLine in a way similar to what the Cowboys had in the 90´s? Does he fit our scheme? What do you get first, the egg, or the chick? What little I´ve seen of him (and I´m no Ted or Namor), is one of the meanest, strongest G prospects in years, all I´m trying to imply is that it would probably impact our team in more positive ways than negative (contradictory to Ireland´s life expectancy)...:up:

I think Dion Jordan has to be the pick, but I think he goes top 5. I was hoping to have a team drafting right behind us with great QB needs, but I am not sure TB qualifies. I see us either moving up to get Jordan or moving back 10-12 spots and getting the BPA of the TE, WR, CB group.

[SIZE=-1]Star Lotulelei is the player that I think will fall to us. I dont thin[SIZE=-1]k we take hi[SIZE=-1]m, but I see him slipping past us.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Unless a guy like Werner falls, I think the BPA is going to be Warmack or Cooper. For our purposes, I'd opt for Cooper, and I'd be happy with that pick. Too dynamic to pass up. Can't imagine the things he could do next to Pouncey. I think you get your stud - and he does come at a position of need, here, though it's not the greatest need - in the 1st, and you draft two WR's somewhere in your next four picks. With the depth of the WR class, you should be able to grab two quality WR's, and you still have a pick to look at a Poyer/Trufant and another to look at pass rusher.

Jones and Mingo.

Mingo is completely overrated IMO playing on championsip type college team.

You should be aiming for a starter day one for the next 10 years and beyond and at a position of need preferably who will make your team better.

I always look at the draft in a big picture sense.

Why draft Allen at 12 if you think someone else will fit better and score more or give you much better value?

When the draft is deep at a position, this is where the big picture comes into play. DE, WR, S, ILB, and T is where quality depth is. So you look to great players at any position and you give more weight to the depth at position so you can get better value and end up with a player who ends up being better fit and just as good as the top ranked guys. Okafor is an example I would use right now but things change quickly this time of year info wise.

i'll eat my shorts if star gets to #12...someones scooping that up and very early...top 8 worst case

[SIZE=-1]Star Lotulelei is the player that I think will fall to us. I dont thin[SIZE=-1]k we take hi[SIZE=-1]m, but I see him slipping past us.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

If he is ranked top 5 on Ireland's chart and Randy Starks is not resigned, I think he wont even blink. either that or trade bait is high on radar.

IMHO you don't trade down to get an impact player, those generally come from the front half on the first round.

I am starting to like the idea Kenny Vaccaro at 12. He has ball skills. Can cover the slot and is an outstanding in run support. Jones and Vaccaro could be an outstanding tandem for the next 8 years.

Back
Top Bottom