Who are the Elite Players in this Draft (2013) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who are the Elite Players in this Draft (2013)

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
I know it's early, but at this time last year everyone knew Andrew Luck was an elite talent heading into the draft. Who are the elite guys this year? I know a few are likely to emerge and some may not declare, get injured or hurt their stock. But, I want to get a clearer picture of the top talent out there. I really believe Miami needs to find two elite guys in this draft and could be in a good position to do that with their own #1 and a trade up. Thoughts?

Don't think Miami will get two elite guys unless we trade back into the 1st round. Elite guys don't fall into the second round and they're normally taken in the top 10-15 picks.

Don't think Miami will get two elite guys unless we trade back into the 1st round. Elite guys don't fall into the second round and they're normally taken in the top 10-15 picks.
Agree. But I also think we have the ammo to trade way up if a guy falls a little bit.

I think it's reasonable to assume Miami will draft in the first few picks. Robert Woods and Barkevious Mingo come to mind.

If they wind up top 5 I'd rather they get the first pick then depending on Tannehill's play, either draft Barkley or trade the rights to draft him.

I've got Matt Barkley, Logan Thomas, Bjoern Werner, Keenan Allen, Star Lotulelei, Manti Te'o, Shayne Skov and Sean Porter. Most would have Barkevious Mingo in there. I didn't see his first game yet. There's also a possibility of Justin Hunter getting in there, provided he stays healthy this year (big deal). When all is said and done there's a possibility Dee Milliner or Carrington Byndom is in there as well. I keep thinking David Amerson's going to be a safety. Most would have Chance Warmack as an elite. I think James Gayle and/or Dion Jordan could/should very well end up there.

CK how do you like Allen in comparison to some of the other top WRs to come out in recent years? I personally like him more than I liked Blackmon at this point at least

I liked Justin Blackmon an awful lot. I didn't see Keenan Allen's game against Nevada, but as far as movement skills go he's a stud because there generally aren't guys as big as him that move like he does. He moves like a smaller guy. I just don't know yet if Allen has as much polish as Blackmon.

Justin Hunter filled out nicely. He's not as scary looking skinny anymore and dare I say he looks big. Still extremely leggy build though. And he moves around and plays the position sometimes like a newborn deer. He's got to grow into himself a lot more. I'm not considering him elite yet but I know there are others who might.

all d milliner did when he got run in the last 2 years was get torched...anybody takes him with a first round pick is crazy...i look at his play against the michigan wideouts as a huge indictment of the michigan core...not as him being a true player...

hell no on that guy!!! put it in stone for me

I liked Justin Blackmon an awful lot. I didn't see Keenan Allen's game against Nevada, but as far as movement skills go he's a stud because there generally aren't guys as big as him that move like he does. He moves like a smaller guy. I just don't know yet if Allen has as much polish as Blackmon.

Justin Hunter filled out nicely. He's not as scary looking skinny anymore and dare I say he looks big. Still extremely leggy build though. And he moves around and plays the position sometimes like a newborn deer. He's got to grow into himself a lot more. I'm not considering him elite yet but I know there are others who might.
Hunter just has to prove he can stay healthy for me. He has great ball skills though. As far as movement goes, that is what separates Allen for me. I think he has terrific balance and feet, and he is in and out of his breaks extremely smooth. I don't think he is as smooth as AJ Green was...but that is kind of what I thought of when I watch him. Blackmon was elite with the ball in the air...but I like Allen in just about every other aspect.

i need to see robert woods this year but i hear he's 100 percent off that ankle now and if that's the case i expect to see what i saw from him as a freshman...which was top 10 pick worthy all day long...

sammy watkins is another guy that seems to be flying under the radar on here...once he comes back from suspension i expect big things...

Sammy Watkins is not draft eligible. He's not flying under radar, he's just not draft eligible.

I saw Robert Woods' game against Hawaii. He looked like Robert Woods. Marqise Lee is the big stud in that stable, but Woods is a pretty good player.

I think Woods is a first round player. But I don't like him as much as Allen or Wilson. He is the kind of player I wouldn't mind targeting in a trade back into the 20s though. Another guy that has been discussed some is Steadman Bailey. I already liked him...but he might play his way into late 1st round consideration

i can see philbin pounding the table for marquese lee when he comes eligible...no doubt...that guy looks like a packer wr...thick build probably a late 4.4's guy but physically imposing...he's a stud...him and watkins in 2014...hot damn

as for keenan allen i'm a big fan also but i don't think his tapes better than robert woods freshman stuff...but he also had a whole lot less to work with at cal qb wise...i don't think allen right now validates the top wr in the class though...seems a little rich

allen was a different level looking than jones when they were together and jones at least looks like he can play in this league...so

i can see philbin pounding the table for marquese lee when he comes eligible...no doubt...that guy looks like a packer wr...thick build probably a late 4.4's guy but physically imposing...he's a stud...him and watkins in 2014...hot damn
Yeah those two are both studs. Lee might just be the best receiver in the country right now..

Marqise Lee IS the best receiver in the country as far as I'm concerned. Like a lot of young receivers, he'll drop a ball here and there, but that doesn't change the fact that he's the best right now.

Back
Top Bottom