Who are your top 5 most underrated Dolphins ever? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who are your top 5 most underrated Dolphins ever?

see i'd put McMichael in the overrated list.

Kiick and Oliver are good ones

I agree. McMicheal was overrated on our team, but I'm not saying he wasn't good. Louis Oliver and Kiick are a great ones. Daryl Gardner wasn't underrated, teams schemed against him, they wouldn't even run at him most of the time.

My Five are:

Tim Foley
Oronde Gasden
Bob Brudzinski
Doug Betters
Louis Oliver

Just missed the cut: Jim Kiick, Jimmy Cefalo, and The Blackwood Brothers

I agree. McMicheal was overrated on our team, but I'm not saying he wasn't good. Louis Oliver and Kiick are a great ones. Daryl Gardner wasn't underrated, teams schemed against him, they wouldn't even run at him most of the time.

My Five are:

Tim Foley
Oronde Gasden
Bob Brudzinski
Doug Betters
Louis Oliver

Just missed the cut: Jim Kiick, Jimmy Cefalo, and The Blackwood Brothers

You nailed it on Mcmicheal and Gardner! And I like Foley and Betters in my top five also. I would probably throw in Kick as #1 and Duriel Harris and I actually think Tony Nathan was very underated for what he brought to the table for us! And Don Strock just missed for me not just for what he brought on the field, but also on the sidelines.

I agree with most the ones you guys are putting out there.. i just wanna add one.. Terrell Buckley.. oh yea, one more Wes Welker...

see i'd put McMichael in the overrated list.

Kiick and Oliver are good ones

Totally agree with McMichael as being overrated! Sadly he never came
close to living up to his potentual.

Tell me, why is it that when most Phin fanz think TE they think of
Randy McMichael's?

IMO Bruce Hardy is way underrated. He was mabey just are best blocking
TE ever and still holds the td record for a Miami TE with 18! Correct me if Im
wrong but didn't McMichael's finish with just 9?

I may be a little bias, but you have to admit, you very rarley hear his name
on this forum and he had some huge games for Shula's dolphins...

PS... McKnight was AWEFUL... dropped way too many passes. Ok, not aweful, but he definately wasnt underrated... Gadsden however was a Stud.

Miami has had a lot of solid TEs. Keith Jackson is my personal favorite, but Eric Green and Troy Drayton were solid for us for a few years also and i'd almost say more consistent than McMicheal

Bob Baumhower - Don Strock - Jim Jensen - Jeff Cross - Troy Vincent

I wouldn't say he was underrated, but I definatly think as fans we never fully appreciated what Tim Bowens did for the team (fun fact, he's the last Miami Dolphin to win Rookie of the Year)

Gadsen
Lamar Smith
Wes Welker
Troy Vincent
Damon Huard

how about

ricky williams
tim bowens
odawelea ogunlea (SPELLING)
JAY FEIDLER
reggie robby

Back