Who can afford Landry if we don't resign him | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who can afford Landry if we don't resign him

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this FO will pony up the $$$ he will be asking for.
Who has the cap space and need

The Browns of course, other than that, I don't see anyone paying him $15M per, but look out for the Bears they could really use him. Any of the teams with new coaches/gm could make room for him except OBJ's Giants, they are set in the slot but if he'll take a lower offer they could dump Marshall and move Sheppard to the outside.

All in all I'd say the Bears are the most likely.

Jets I think have 60+ million in cap space. He would be a good reliable target if they draft a QB.

**** that would suck and you're right, they sure would be after him.

Being able to afford him is one thing. Finding a team that wants to over pay for him is another

Ozzy rules!!

A win for Miami. If NO team will overpay, he may be back in Miami. I still think some team will offer more

He'll get paid, i predict just over 13 with a boatload guaranteed. I'm hoping we can work it out but i don't think Gase and crew really care one way or another after they draw the line in the sand.

Cleveland
Jets
49ers
Bears

I think he is very likely to be a Chicago Bear, personally. That's a team that has a young QB who needs receiving help badly, and is bringing in one of the most screen pass happy offenses in the NFL.

Seems like he would be the perfect fit.

If you really want the drama value, let NE come in an steal him away. Then watch BB and Co shove him and Gronk down the throat of the NFL for the next 3 or 4 years.

He would be better than Welker up there. And BB would suddenly school the Dolphins on how to get his YAC and YPC numbers up.

If you really want the drama value, let NE come in an steal him away. Then watch BB and Co shove him and Gronk down the throat of the NFL for the next 3 or 4 years.

He would be better than Welker up there. And BB would suddenly school the Dolphins on how to get his YAC and YPC numbers up.

might as well let em take wake at that point as a situation rusher and let them both get their rings.

The Pats pay their smallish guys under $11M a year. Even Welker never even remotely approached top 5 wr money.

Nor would they pay Wake $10M. Ask Jamie Collins.

Now if they took a pay cut just to be Cheatriots, like some do, it'd be a different story. A valid choice. I'm sure we would get guys on the cheap (like we did Stills) if we just won more games.

Last edited:

New England would never be stupid enough to over pay a undisciplined hot headed slot receiver. They like smart, disciplined players at a good value money wise.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cleveland offer Landry over 15mil/year.

I think BB would laugh at Landry if he was to ask for 14mill a year

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom