Who do we root for? Ravens, Patriots?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by zach attach, Dec 19, 2013.

1. zach attach

zach attach A True Fan Donator

Seems easy to me to go for the Pats, letting us in. Or do we swing for the fences hoping that NE loses 2 and we win the division? If we tie with the pats at 10-6, and we tied the season meetings, who would win the division?
    I need help..

2. Sons Of Shula

Sons Of Shula not a dull boy Hammered Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

I never root for the Patsy's. End of story.

3. Zounds

Zounds CPA4LYFE Donator

I'm thinking the only thing that matters is that we win the next 2 games, which would guarantee us a playoff spot. There is still a viable path to the playoffs if either the Patriots or the Ravens win.

4. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

I'm rooting for the Patriots. I would rather face the Bengals if we get in, over the Ravens.

5. HarryBagpipe

HarryBagpipe Archibald Meatpants Super Donator

I think we'll know who to root for after our 1 o clock game.

6. foozool13

foozool13 #12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99 Donator

In this case you root for the Ravens. You must always root against the Bills, Jets, or Pats unless it is the last possible scenario for us to advance.

7. TealAttack13

TealAttack13 A True Fan

I'm just gonna root for the Dolphins to win out! Hope for the best from there (let's be real, the Pats are probably gonna win Sunday anyway).

8. King Dingaling

King Dingaling Well-Known Member

We root for the Dolphins. I don't care who we play in round 1 if we win out. We have beaten every division leader except Denver, who we haven't played. We're playing our best when it matters most. Colts, Cincy, and the Pats are not playing well and we will beat any of those teams if we play to our abilities.

9. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I'm rooting for the Ravens, worse case scenario, all Miami needs to do is win the next 2 games, and they are in, while with the Ravens winning, we might get a chance (Very remote, but a chance none the less) to win the AFC East, and possibly getting the #2 seed.

10. Albert Romano

Albert Romano Super Donator Super Donator Finheaven VIP

It depends if we beat the Bills or not IMO. If we lose got to hope Ravens lose (that game is after ours). If Ravens and Bengals win and we lose to Bills its over.

11. 315DolphinsFan

315DolphinsFan Rookie

If the Pats were playing a tough team in week 17, where we had a realistic chance to win the division, I'd root for the Ravens, but since a Ravens loss helps our chances of clinching THIS week, (plus a Bengals loss), I'm a Pats fan.

12. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

Hard to root for the pats plus the only reason to rot for the ravens would be in case we lose to the bills or jets in which case we don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

Ozzy rules!!

13. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

That's easy. Ravens. Dolphins control their destiny meaning they don't need anyone to win or lose to get in. But, the second seed and the division, though unlikely, is possible and kept alive with a Patriots loss.

14. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

BTW, I want to make the playoffs cause we're very good instead of making the playoffs cause the other teams suck more so unless we win our last 2 I will not care about making the playoffs.

Ozzy rules!!

15. coalesce

coalesce Dolphin Fan since 1974

Be curious if the Ravens and Pats tie. It could happen...

Michael

16. 72champagne

72champagne the annual ritual

i wouldn't root for the pats, jets or steelers if all of your lives depended on it, and probably not even mine.

17. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

If the Dolphins win and Cincinnati loses at 1:00, you'd be an idiot to root for Baltimore at 4:00. Pats win and we'd be in right then and our QB who's been sacked over 50 times could be inactive for week 17. That is the best case scenario IMHO.

Unless your holding out hope that Buffalo will beat NE in Foxboro in week 17.

18. AphexPhin

AphexPhin A True Fan

Yeah I agree. For some reason the Ravens have our number.

19. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E12 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

Agreed. But since I do not expect us to lose I am prepared to root for the Ravens and next week for Buffalo.

:)

20. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i'm rooting for the pats and the colts this week

21. Krush

Krush Finaholic Donator

The fins would win the division, you would hope that the ravens would lose because we just want to get in and the dolphins will have to face the Pats somewhere in the playoffs.

22. overworkedirish

overworkedirish A True Fan Donator

If we win and Cincy loses in the early game, a Ravens loss clinches it. Without the Cincy loss I'm just a passive observer for Ravens Pats.

23. spiral

spiral Starter

I'll prefer to watch us win, then re-watch that and only that about 30 more times. Seemed to work well for me. Everything else is inconsequential.

24. zach attach

zach attach A True Fan Donator

Yeah, cuz if the Pats lose, I doubt they lose to Buffalo in the last game to go 10-6.

25. PhinSoldia

PhinSoldia Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

the Pats....im sorry, but if the ravens lose win week..there is NO Chance the bills beat NE, The AFCE crown is within reach but incredibly unlikely IMO

If the ravens beat the pats, I'm PRAYING that Cincy looses

26. WVDolphan

WVDolphan Banned Hammered

Its simple. The game is at 4:25, so we will know if we have won already or not.

If we win..... root for the Ravens.

If we lose...... it is absolutely imperative that the Pats win.

27. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

We want the pats to lose out and for us to win out period ravens win or loss means nothing to our playoff chances if we win out. I'm still not sure why people are confused about this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28. El Calebra

El Calebra Fan Finheaven VIP Donator

I don't think we are confused. I think some of us, are concerned we do not win out. And should that happen, we need Baltimore to lose as well.

29. hoops

hoops exited stage left

pats aren't losing out i'd rather just root against the ravens

30. greasyObnoxious

greasyObnoxious I love lamp Finheaven VIP Donator

i may be in the minority here, but i want a match up with the Ravens in the playoffs

31. WVDolphan

This is what confuses me.

This idea that there is simply no way the Pats lose the next two......

First of all, Baltimore is playing pretty well right now and they need the game badly. If we win at 1pm, Baltimore will know they almost have to win to have any shot of making the playoffs.

Secondly, why is it so far fetched that Buffalo beats New England in the last game? If you ask me, the Phins are a slightly better team than the Pats right now. The people who have this attitude that the Bills game is a cake walk for New England seem to think beating that same Bills team will be a tough task for us. I dont get it.

Finally, and AGAIN...... because we play at 1pm, we will already know if we have won or not when the Ravens and Pats play. If we have already won, why wouldnt you root for the Pats to lose? Do people honestly believe we will lose at home to the Jests in the final game? Personally, I think its much more probably that the Bills beat the Pats than the Jests beat us.... again, I think we are slightly better than the Pats right now. If we win at 4pm, the Ravens are really no threat to us making the playoffs. If we beat the Bills, the Ravens are going to have to win out and win the division to get in.

Now if we happen to lose to the Bills, then everything of course changes. It will be really important, almost imperative, that the Ravens lose. On top of that, we would already be eliminated from winning the division, so the Pats winning would not hurt us in any way.

We need to just worry about winning. Because us winning not only puts the Ravens in basically a must win situation(which helps us), but should we lose, the Pats will know they have clinched the division and that could hurt their chances of staying focused and beating Baltimore(which of course hurts us a great deal should we need Baltimore to lose).

I think whether or not we make the playoffs all comes down to beating Buffalo at 1pm. If we win, we pretty much clinch. If we lose, the whole thing could blow up on us in a hurry.

32. greasyObnoxious

Tom Brady has never lost a home game against Buffalo

33. WVDolphan

I recall a game recently in Foxboro against the Bills that the Pats pulled straight out of their ***. It can happen.

Again, if you think its so certain that the Pats beat the Bills, why would you think its such a tough game for us? We are a better team than the Pats are right now.

34. hoops

hoops exited stage left

brady with the division on the line in a home winner take all game vs the bills seems like a no brainer...but you guys go about it however you want to...and so will i...seems like a given to me the pats are winning the division

35. greasyObnoxious

yeah, in week 1 a couple of years back. so? the Patriots still won even though they played about as flat as you could imagine.

those type of comparisons don't work in the NFL. i'm not as nervous as most guys about this game. i think we'll win if we play like we have been lately. but make no mistake about it, this game isn't gonna be easy for us.

36. hoops

hoops exited stage left

also i doubt the pats are gonna roll with a bunch of slot wrs on the boundary these last 2 weeks...they did it out of necessity vs us...they will adjust though...they always do...go to less vertical routes on the outside wrs if their size guys can't play still...implement more pick plays and crossing routes and use of the rb in the passing game

they have some issues for sure but there's not a better adjustment team that imo in football...whether or not they can beat the ravens on the road though i don't know...buffalo at home though against likely thad lewis...hells yeah

37. DolfanISS

If Miami and Minny win at 1 the Pats at 4 is a NO BRAINER.

Inactives for Jets game: Tannehill (sacked 50 times this year), McKinnie (old), Wake (most important defender), Grimes, Carroll, R. Jones, Clemons, Wallace.....

What's a better scenario then that? I agree with Hoops NE at home vs the Bills is a lock.

38. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

I don't care what happens it's a win win as long as Miami wins at buffalo as far as I'm concerned. if the patriots win Miami has a little breathing room in case of a week 17 loss. if the ravens win we have a shot at the division, buffalo could beat the patriots without gronk. patriots cant stop the run, bills have a great running game, it could happen. guess who has the most 4th quarter INTs this year? that's right the golden boy, this isn't your typical patriots

39. hoops

hoops exited stage left

no no no you don't deactivate anyone...you are riding momentum right now...you keep on playing do not sit anyone vs the jets whether you have clinched a spot or not...keep riding the building momentum...the last thing we want to do is break stride

have all hands on deck and whoop the jets *** and go into your road playoff contest with a bring it attitude

40. DolfanISS

Yeah that's certainly worked in the past (07 Giants) just thinking of our beat up secondary and the fact that Baltimore or Cincy will have had a really hard fought game the week before. But again Baltimore played a ton of defensive snaps vs Denver last year and still went into Foxboro and won so I see your point.